shape
carat
color
clarity

I found my dress!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
After a bumpy shopping adventure last Saturday, I ended up finding the dress at the last shop we went to (the first shop I went to on our first trip!). It was on the mannequin and looked a bit crazy, but something about it caught my eye so I asked if I could try it on. Now for those who remember my prior shopping trip and many posts on the La Sposa Fanal, you know I wanted something very sleek and simple. So imagine my surprise when I loved this somewhat crazy (for me) dress with giant flowers on the skirt! My mom and MOH loved the dress on me, as did the shop owner (who said she''s been dying for someone to try the dress on so she could see it, ha).

It''s so different than what I thought I would wear, but I am really excited about it. I slept on the decision and went back the next day to decide between this one and another one. Now that a week has passed, I have had some fleeting second thoughts, but I still love the dress and think when I put it on again, I will love it. I talked to my FI that Saturday and vaguely described the dress and how different it was than the first dresses I tried on (that I showed him pictures of). I''m not going to show him the pictures of the dress, but he said I should go for it and buy the dress and surprise everyone! So I did, ha! We''re getting married in a contemporary art museum and I think the dress goes with the dramatic and artsy look to the venue.

So here it is. The dress was huge on me, so take that into account, and I am carrying a good 5-7 pounds now that I hope to lose before the wedding. My wide screen monitor makes me look somewhat distorted, but in real life, I felt like the dress was very flattering and I felt great in it. It is also quite light (especially compared to the Fanal) and is very comfortable to move around in.

Feel free to offer input on what type of jewelry and hairstyles you think go best with the dress!!

carraf44.jpg

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE it!!!
30.gif

It is beautiful, unique, and fits your venue! So cool!!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks cinnamon!
1.gif
I was starting to think you all must hate it!
5.gif
I''m sort of expecting to get some looks from family members and friends, but as long as I like it, that''s all that matters, right!
2.gif

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I love it! I think it screams artsy,and is just beautiful.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I love it! It's unique and very stylish. Perfect for your venue. You're going to look beautiful.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!!

It''s so unique and lovely on you, and I think it will be stunning with your venue. As for styling, though, I have no clue!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone!! I really do love it and think it is a bit different than what I''m used to seeing. But at the same time, the top and bodice are very simple and quite similar to the Fanal, so I love that about it too.

I should add, I was told the flowery stuff on the skirt will be a bit more pressed and not quite so fluffy and disheveled looking once it is all said and done. The sample had been in and out of garment bags, so it was a bit fluffed up!

I''m thinking no necklace and maybe just some pretty drop/dangly earrings. And maybe a looser curly-ish up-do... I''m clueless though on specifics!

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
LOVE it! And you look fab... congrats on finding the dress
9.gif

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Love that dress ! But where is the extra 5-7 pounds?

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Magsy, I really like it,I think it will go well with your venue. (from your description)
But, I think you need to add something to the dress. Maybe a sparkly belt?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 8:09:53 PM
Author: MagsyMay
Thank you everyone!! I really do love it and think it is a bit different than what I''m used to seeing. But at the same time, the top and bodice are very simple and quite similar to the Fanal, so I love that about it too.

I should add, I was told the flowery stuff on the skirt will be a bit more pressed and not quite so fluffy and disheveled looking once it is all said and done. The sample had been in and out of garment bags, so it was a bit fluffed up!

I''m thinking no necklace and maybe just some pretty drop/dangly earrings. And maybe a looser curly-ish up-do... I''m clueless though on specifics!
I agree, no necklace with this one, go with bling for the ears. I would probably keep your beautiful hair straight and sleek, not curly, to further match the art gallery "look." Updo or half-updo, not sure(maybe in a little while I''ll take a break from studying to look at some hair style sites).

I also have to disagree with HappyDreams -- I think a belt would be too much.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Your dress is so stylish and I love it! I think it''s be especially nice in the venue you described. Go girl!

jessicab22

Rough_Rock
This is absolutely stunning on you!!! I love that is different!! Dangly sparkly earrings and a loose curly updo would be perfect!! Gorgeous, congrats :)

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
i love it! you look beautiful. i think dangly earrings, no necklace, an awesome bracelet and i agree with ms. cushion... a straighter updo (or half up do) rather than curls.

congrats!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
What about a simple but classic french twist, like this? And then some chandelier earrings? Perhaps accent the french twist with some rhinestone pins or a hair comb for a little something extra?

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love your dress! And you look great in it. I think your hair would be pretty straight or curly, whichever makes you feel the most beautiful!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I had to log in to tell you that I love your dress! I love it when brides go for something a little different (not like I did.. not that daring!). I skimmed the thread and couldn''t find it- but who is the designer?

Congrats on finding the one!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for the wonderful compliments and styling suggestions!

I''m not sure how to wear my hair, although I have plenty of time to think about it. Now I have to start the hunt for the perfect earrings! I like the idea of dangly with some pearls and sparkle...

My hair is naturally curly, although I never wear it that way. I do want some combination of sleek and curls though, but not sure I want to wear it half-down, as I fear it''ll be less likely to hold up through the night!

I love the back of that hairstyle Sparkly Blonde posted, but wish I could also see the front!

Clairitek: The dress is by Carrafina. I guess the designer doesn''t advertise, after previously working for a big-name designer and becoming disenchanted by the whole dress industry. So the price was very reasonable, which was a plus!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
It looks fab on you!!!! Gorgeous!!!!!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
love. your. dress. i''m dying--it''s so beautiful!

You are glowing the picture! No second thoughts, you look amazing in that dress.

Definitely do an up-do. Whether you like curls or sleek up-do I don''t think will matter. Just make sure the hair is up and off your neck to show off your shoulders in that dress. I also agree that chandelier earrings are the way to go. All the celebrities were wearing them at the Golden Globes, so it''s definitely a hot trend right now and you should have lots of styles to choose from. Maybe you could watch the Oscars and get some hair and jewelry ideas from the famous ladies walking the red carpet?

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
That''s beautiful!

I saw an amazing hairstyle in this month''s Brides magazine -- like a double French twist -- it would look amazing with your dress.

I say go for the earrings and maybe a bracelet

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t see this before today... I LOVE that dress. It looks wonderful on you and is so unique. I think it is simple even with the flowers and so beautiful.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous, Magsy! I don''t think I''d wear a necklace because your dress has plenty of detail to it and I think adding a necklace might be a bit too much. That''s just me though. As far as earrings, I''d probably do something pretty simple -- pearls or small drop earrings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results