shape
carat
color
clarity

I <3 my Photographer

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
I'm so excited for my engagment photo session coming up next weekend. We're gonna do something that is near and dear to my heart- Pumpkin Picking! As a Halloween baby- I have been in love with all things Fall from the start. So because I couldn't have a Fall wedding (FI had a fit that it would interupt football season and too many of his other friends were getting married in the Fall), I had to have a fall engagement session. The leaves are looking really nice now, I hope they'll stay another week.

Stay tuned for photos, I know I'll be so excited to share them.

Any thoughts on what to wear? What colors would look good against the fall foliage?

I was thinking of a brighter blue because then I would pop against the background. I'm a pretty casual person, so jeans and a sweater. My FI will be doing jeans and probably a button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up, a typical look for him.

I want to do an outfit change cause I have this really nice black sweater but I don't know what to do on the bottom half, I don't want to be too dark and disappear in my own photos. FI wants to wear either his navy blue or black sweater vest.

So many decisions- help please!

jazzoboe

Shiny_Rock
I just did my engagement session this past Sunday and the trees were just starting to get really pretty here. We did it in a park where there is a lake and a creek with little waterfalls and some cute bridges over it. I think fall is the perfect time for pictures- it's definitely my favorite time of year. We had perfect weather; I hope you do too! I wore a blue sweater with brown pants, but I haven't seen my pictures yet (other than on the photographer's camera screen as he was showing us pictures as we went, which was cool) so I can't tell you if the dark colors got lost too much, but I really debated what to wear. I really wanted to wear the blue sweater, but it was too dark to go with jeans and I knew FI was going to wear khakis and didn't want to look too matchy, so I settled on a pair of brown pants that I almost never think to wear.

Of course I realized the day before that those pants were really long on me (which is next too impossible, my pants are almost always too short- I guess I need to wear them more so I can wash and therefore shrink them) so I had a panic about what shoes to wear. I ended up running to the store when I literally only had about 5 minutes to spare and grabbing the first decently matching brown shoes with a bit of a heel I could find. Anyway, taking the pictures was a blast- FI even told me he had a great time, and he wasn't keen on the idea of doing engagement pictures in the beginning. And then we went pumpkin picking later that day :)
I hope some of that was helpful and you have a great time doing your pictures! Hopefully I will have mine to share before too long :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results