shape
carat
color
clarity

How would this dress look with a corset back?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, I love that dress. I think a corset back would work - perhaps it even gives the dress that extra little oomph on the back without destroying the elegant simplicity you're going for in the front. I'm in favor.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress! I like the dress as is but I also think corset's are a personal preference...if *you* like corset backs then you should look into getting it altered into a corset =]

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
rhbgirl - So glad you think so! I haven't priced it out yet. I hope it's not too expensive.

Glitz - Thanks for looking around for me! That was so sweet! Unfortunately, the bust on that one still wouldn't fit.

mscushion - You totally described what I am hoping for! The more I think about it, the more I think it could work.

Autumnovember - Unfortunately, there's no way I could wear the dress without a corset back because it won't fit. So it's either corset or no to this dress.

I think I'll make an appointment with a seamstress and see what she says and how much she would charge.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I would try to do as delicate of a corset as possible. I'm not going to explain myself well, but I think some corsets are VERY much about the fact it is a corset, while others tend to be more just about a way to close a dress. With the intricate pleating on the Lindsay, and those gorgeous cap sleeves, I think making the corset minimalistic is the way to go.

Good luck!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
lucyandroger|1301366478|2882346 said:
rhbgirl - So glad you think so! I haven't priced it out yet. I hope it's not too expensive.

Glitz - Thanks for looking around for me! That was so sweet! Unfortunately, the bust on that one still wouldn't fit.

mscushion - You totally described what I am hoping for! The more I think about it, the more I think it could work.

Autumnovember - Unfortunately, there's no way I could wear the dress without a corset back because it won't fit. So it's either corset or no to this dress.

I think I'll make an appointment with a seamstress and see what she says and how much she would charge.

Gah! Sorry, I missed that!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
sillyberry|1301440661|2883014 said:
I would try to do as delicate of a corset as possible. I'm not going to explain myself well, but I think some corsets are VERY much about the fact it is a corset, while others tend to be more just about a way to close a dress. With the intricate pleating on the Lindsay, and those gorgeous cap sleeves, I think making the corset minimalistic is the way to go.

Good luck!

I couldn't agree more. Done properly, I think it will be a wonderful way to get the dress of your dreams (and from what I understand, even in my area, which is on the pricey side for wedding-related things, altering a dress to a corset back runs somewhere from $100-250 depending on the seamstress and the complexity) but if the corset is emphasized too much, I think it will detract from the beauty of the dress.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
vc10um|1301485391|2883326 said:
sillyberry|1301440661|2883014 said:

Good luck!

I couldn't agree more. Done properly, I think it will be a wonderful way to get the dress of your dreams (and from what I understand, even in my area, which is on the pricey side for wedding-related things, altering a dress to a corset back runs somewhere from $100-250 depending on the seamstress and the complexity) but if the corset is emphasized too much, I think it will detract from the beauty of the dress.

Thanks Sillyberry and vc10um! You ladies are totally right. So, I definitely need to be specific with the seamstress. Here's a picture I'm thinking of bringing in. What do you ladies think of this one?

Corset For Wedding Dress.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I think it would look just fine!

It's a beautiful dress. I nearly bought something similar. :))

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
l and r...SO sorry I never saw that last post! But I think that's what I was thinking of. It's not ostentatious. It's just how you are closing the dress. Might I recommend, though, that you tuck the ties *into* the dress? Especially if there will be children at the wedding. A friend of mine had little kids playing with her corset strings and they ended up damaging her bustle and train.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies, I haven't been around much because I'm now 29 days from my wedding! :errrr: Sooo much to do. But just wanted to give a little UPDATE.

I took the dress to a seamstress today and she can make it fit without adding the corset. Because I need to have the dress hemmed, she can use that fabric to make the dress fit with the zipper back. yay! So that's my dresss. So excited and relieved!!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
lucyandroger|1303007525|2898173 said:
Hey ladies, I haven't been around much because I'm now 29 days from my wedding! :errrr: Sooo much to do. But just wanted to give a little UPDATE.

I took the dress to a seamstress today and she can make it fit without adding the corset. Because I need to have the dress hemmed, she can use that fabric to make the dress fit with the zipper back. yay! So that's my dresss. So excited and relieved!!
YEAH!!! I love a good solution! :))

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Great news. You'll look beautiful! Best of luck with the last month of preparations!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Well, I'm glad it works as is...but I just wanted to chime in. I think a corset back would turn this dress from great to AMAZING! But I'm biased - I love corset backs and that's what my dress was. I'm glad you love it the way it is and made it work that way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results