shape
carat
color
clarity

How much bling-bling are you wearing for your wedding?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Real or fakies?

If you are married already, what did you wear?

Did you wear more or less than your guests?

Got any pics of your wedding sparklies?

Let's talk jewels.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
My engagement ring, my wedding band - real :).

I also wore a crystal necklace, some crystal pear drop earrings (that were not that big), and a crystal bracelet. The bracelet and earrings belonged to my SIL.

She also had a matching headpiece, but I chose not to wear it because I thought it would be too much.

My guests were all over the place in terms of jewelry. My BM's wore dramatic silver/crystal dangling earrings (I let them pick their own so they were all different) and freshwater pearl bracelets I gave them. They went without a necklace since their earrings were so big.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Other than the engagement ring and the wedding band, I wore a pearl necklace, crystal earrings, and two bracelets: my silver family bracelet on one arm and my grandmother's gold bracelet on my other arm. It sounds like a lot, but I think it worked.

The earrings were just studs, the necklace was the biggest piece I wore, easy. It was hard to find a necklace that looked good with my dress's neckline, because it was asymmetrical, but this one was the best of the bunch I considered (and the cheapest!). It isn't the greatest quality pearl as you can see, but they were big enough to photograph well and the clasp was sparkly to tie in the stud earrings.

48mmx.jpg

I don't think I have a good photo of the bracelets, but my family bracelet is just a small, thin oval-shaped silver bangle that sits close to the wrist and my grandmother's bracelet is a gold filigree cuff.

I am almost ashamed to admit that I have no idea what jewelry my guests wore, ha! I think I probably wore more than my guests.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I'm getting married in a little over a month. I'll be wearing my e-ring, wedding band, a crystal necklace (looks like a tennis bracelet/necklace), fuchsia Swarovski crystal earrings, and maybe a real tourmaline pendant on the crystal necklace. The tourmaline is real, but it's the same color as the Swarovski crystal.

Originally I had wanted to wear a fuchsia crystal earrings and a fuchsia/magenta colored pendant. I would then wear the pendant on a chair or with a pearl enhancer or something. But the hunt for for the right colored stone took forever and we found the crystal necklace that had the crystals brilliantly cut and just threw off so much fire that my grandmother bought them for me as a surprise.

I haven't done a run-through yet with all the jewelry (the pendant is being made right now) but we'll see what happens. The pendant will be the most expensive part of the whole outfit, but it might be the part that gets left off!

EtsyEarring.jpg

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVED my wedding day jewelry. It was more exciting to me than my dress! LOL

I wore my e-ring, my wedding band, $11,000 diamond chandelier earrings, and a $25,000 diamond encrusted vintage cuff bracelet. I walked around in about $65K worth of diamonds that day and felt like a queen. I loved every minute of it.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore a my ering - and wedding band, a pair of "real" borrowed earrings from one of my bridesmaids that were aquamarine and diamond dangles, and a faux diamond bracelet. I didn't wear a necklace, because I liked the sweetheart neckline of my dress and didn't want to have something competing with it.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
NakedFinger said:

I wore my e-ring, my wedding band, $11,000 diamond chandelier earrings, and a $25,000 diamond encrusted vintage cuff bracelet. I walked around in about $65K worth of diamonds that day and felt like a queen. I loved every minute of it.

were they yours to keep or your "something borrowed"?

got any photos, they sound amazing!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I wore my ering, wband, a pair of handmade (but CZ and silver) earrings, and a vintage (also CZ and silver) bracelet. I'm pretty minimalist when it comes to jewelry. I loved that my earrings and bracelet both came from special places - the earrings from a store selling handmade and locally crafted items (like jewelry, pottery, glass, etc) and the bracelet was from an antique shop.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore a pair of fake pearl earrings with a tiny diamond stud at the top (I got them at Macy's). I also wore a yellow gold sapphire and diamond antique ring that a family friend gave me. It was a complete surprise and a very thoughtful gesture of her to give me a ring like that.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the morning... more than anyone else. WAY more. I was dripping in gold ::)

In the evening very little anything - 1ctw diamond studs w/ pearl drops (don't have any pics of them, they're just visible in this one though!) and my wedding set. I was in envy of several of our guests' adornments :love:

Hindu1.jpg

Hindu2.jpg

Jewish1.jpg

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
NakedFinger said:

NICE!!! I like how you say that like "oh I wore a pearl necklace" when your jewelry totally is what the average american makes in 2 years. I vote for pics too!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got married almost 27 years ago I wore my e-ring and wedding band, both real of course and I borrowed my MIL's pearl necklace and I am sure I wore earrings but for the life of me, I dont remember which ones...they were probably something with fake pearls, I didnt have any decent earrings back then. No bracelet, my dress was long sleeved. I wore a hat instead of a veil so nothing was on my hat....I think that was it.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I wore my e-ring and wedding band (real!), a pearl necklace with an antique pearl/crystal brooch clasp made by an Etsy artist, and the (real)diamond studs DH gave me that morning as a wedding gift. I actually wear more jewelry on a daily basis, but since my gown was very, very simple, I wanted my jewelry to be relatively simple as well.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Yssie said:

In the evening very little anything - 1ctw diamond studs w/ pearl drops (don't have any pics of them, they're just visible in this one though!) and my wedding set. I was in envy of several of our guests' adornments :love:

Yssie, do you have a thread for your wedding? I would love to see more of your sari and dress. And all the gold! I'm guessing you are south Indian?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the replies girls. All the variation is so interesting!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta said:
Yssie said:

Yssie, do you have a thread for your wedding? I would love to see more of your sari and dress. And all the gold! I'm guessing you are south Indian?

No thread yet - I'm holding out hope that the pro pics come in soon!

And yes, I'm s Indian, nice id! :bigsmile:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I look forward to it yssie :appl:

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
I wore pear shaped swarovski and silver chandelier earrings, a diamond tennis bracelet that my grandfather had given a long time ago, a 2ct aquamarine set in antique silver filigree (a family heirloom and my birthstone), and my e-ring/wedding band.

My BMs wore their own choice of earrings and necklace, but my gift to them was a sterling silver cuff bracelet and matching ring (each was set with a different semi-precious stone, including blue topaz, amethyst, garnet, peridot, champagne topaz, crystal, ect...)

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
I went fake-tastic - I am not a purist about these things and ornate jewellery is not usually my thing so even if I had the $$$ for the real stuff I would have spent it on non-wedding-type bling anyway.

I wore just drop earrings and a bracelet - both rhodium plated silver with CZs. I was surprised by how much I liked the earrings when I saw the photos - they photographed really well!

Did not wear any of my real jewellery as I had left it all at home in Australia in my MIL's safe - we eloped whilst travelling.

Photos are a bit grainy as I made the files too small for the attachments, but you get the idea.

Pfauxbling1.jpg

Pfauxbling2.jpg

Pfauxbling3.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
rosetta said:
NakedFinger said:

were they yours to keep or your "something borrowed"?

got any photos, they sound amazing!

ditto...photos? do you own these?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I got lucky and blinged it up a bit -- my mom and grandma lent me antique (real) diamond jewelry (bracelet, super-skinny watch) to wear with my e-ring and wedding band. My earrings were also borrowed from my mom, but those were pearl and crystal.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore my Erings and wedding band, 1.00ctw diamond studs, the diamond bangle DH gave me for my 21st, and a diamond half eternity on my right hand.

DiamondStuds 008.jpg

EringByBirdCage01.jpg

Attachments

• 21stBangle.bmp
    669.8 KB · Views: 929
  • HalfEternity.bmp
    986.6 KB · Views: 927

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i wore a simple necklace from etsy that had aquamarines and a pearl, drop earrings with aquamarines and pearls, pearl pins in my hair, and my engagement ring/wedding band. didn't want to go over the top :)

Shower and trial pictures 021.JPG

sohappyyayayay.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results