shape
carat
color
clarity

How did you find/choose your celebrant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone.

I have been researching celebrants on the net but have no idea about how to tell them apart!

How did you find and decide on your celebrant?

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
We found our justice of the peace by simply doing a google search. Most of them seemed like they were pretty run-of-the-mill, no difference, just do the job and be on their way, which isn't what we wanted. I eventually found a lady who fit our bill though, and we met with her and absolutely are thrilled that she will be marrying us. I knew the second we found her that she would be perfect, I guess it just depends on what you are looking for.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
We found ours by using google...she was the first one that popped up...lol. She turned out to be perfect and a lot of fun.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
We knew we wanted someone we knew to perform our wedding. My sister and I aren''t close, so I didn''t want to make her a BM, but she was perfect for the officiant role, which is more important anyway!
10.gif

For a more ''professional'' approach, I''d check your local knot recommendations.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of the photographers we interviewed recommended her. DH and I are not religious at all and it was very important to us that we had a ceremony that was meaningful to us with no religious undertones. She was great! She respected our opinions and values and, even though they weren''t necessarily hers, wrote up a beautiful ceremony that was perfect for us.

Talk to your vendors - they''ve done lots of weddings and probably have tons of recommendations. You certainly don''t have to use them but it''s a great place to start.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our venue had a list of JPs, but they recommended one specific person on that list. We met her and instantly clicked with her. We were very happy that she''d be performing our ceremony. A few months before our wedding, she had to back out and she recommended another woman to us. We used this person, and while she was good, we really wished that our original JP could have been there.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Our very fun, out-going, always has a great time friend offered to do it. SOLD! He''s becoming a notary.

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the replies everyone.

It just seems so confusing as they all say the same things on their websites! I have actually made contact with a woman who I found some recommendations for on a different forum. We will be meeting sometime next week and if we like her we will book her and be done with it. I just don''t want to waste a huge amount of time vetting people.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
We got a recommendation from the resort/chapel we hired then met with her for an chat. She so nice we booked her on the spot.

I think it''s important to be comfortable with your celebrant, they are after all, going to share in a very important day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results