shape
carat
color
clarity

how did you envisage your dream wedding when you were a kid?

ooohdiamonds

Rough_Rock
1.gif

i just think this an intresting question! most girls ''dream'' of their wedding day and have a mental image of what it will look like...

FutureMrsMRS

Rough_Rock
That''s funny, FI laughed at me when I was writing ''my story'' for our website. I''d never been a "girly-girl" and never had the "When I get married" dreams.

And somehow, at 31 years old, I''ve only been to 6 weddings (as a late teen/adult). 6. This wedding planning is all foreign to me :)

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/26/2010 9:56:49 AM
Author: FutureMrsMRS
That''s funny, FI laughed at me when I was writing ''my story'' for our website. I''d never been a ''girly-girl'' and never had the ''When I get married'' dreams.

And somehow, at 31 years old, I''ve only been to 6 weddings (as a late teen/adult). 6. This wedding planning is all foreign to me :)

I''ll agree with this. I can quite honestly say I NEVER had a vision of a "dream wedding". I never "played" wedding with my dolls or anything. I had been to a few more weddings than the above, but never really got into the wedding industry buzz. I can honestly say I have never bought a bridal magazine in my life. Even AFTER I was engaged.

When it did come time to plan my own wedding, there really was no "mental image" to play off of....though DH and I both realized quickly that we both agreed on something casual, small, intimate and personal...and quite unique. We joked about it being a bit of a "hippie wedding" and in many ways it was. We jettisoned a lengthy planning process, pulled our wedding together in ten weeks, and it was just perfect for us. It lacked many of the "traditional" elements of a wedding (no wedding cake, no aisle, no bridal party, and so on...) but it brought in many elements that were more us. We turned a lot of it over to our guests too (as we had a very small guest list, we invited them to each participate if they chose so the ceremony was a surprise even to us!).

We would not change a thing about it, and I am not sure I ever could have envisioned how it would be it even the day before it happened really, never mind as a young girl!

FutureMrsMRS

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/26/2010 10:48:45 AM
Author: RaiKai

DH and I both realized quickly that we both agreed on something casual, small, intimate and personal...
Totally our vision as well! Not traditional, casual & fun, and *us*. We''re doing it in 6 months because I want October 2nd :) I was frazzled trying to find a place. But, once I booked the venue and have now created invites, I''m relaxed and could never opt for the stress of planning a huge event.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i always thought it would be romantic or vintage. well now its about vintage/nautical. so....40/50''s nautical themed now :)

LadyJane83

Shiny_Rock
Same here. I don''t have a dream wedding and never played "wedding" when I was a kid. I''ll be 27 in two months and have only one married friend (who is 29), so I never discussed weddings with my girlfriends, and my parents aren''t into weddings.

I guess I always assumed I would do something smallish because I''d be hesitant to spend a ton of money and have a small family and group of friends. That has turned out somewhat differently though...

There are times when I really enjoy planning and getting ideas... my friend bought me a few bridal mags and they''re fun peruse. I''m just now starting to get a feel for what I would like, but mainly just with the dress and music :)

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I never dreamed about my wedding growing up,I just knew I wanted one...Well until I met my Fiance!

I originally though I would be a super trendy bride,A mermaid fit gown,loft in Boston or New York (were from New England),Calla Lillies,and hot vibrant colors.

Well in my heart of hearts I knew that wasn''t me...I have never truly been trendy in my day to day life,but have always had a love of vintage and classic (I don''t know why I pictured my wedding differently).

So now I have a tulle,lace,and satin a-line dress with a 5ft veil,were getting married in a Mansion from the 1800''s,my wedding flowers are hydrangeas,and the colors are chocolate brown,moss green,ivory,and gold.

Even as I tried on things that I THOUGHT I wanted,it just didn''t fit.My true colors sure came out lol.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I honestly didn''t! I thought about wearing the big poofy princess dress and it just seemed so strange not like me. So I can honestly say I didn''t dream about my future wedding as a little girl.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
I actually never thought about it. I have been engaged about 8 months now and I am finally coming around to envisioning my wedding. Before that, I saw things at weddings and on TV that seemed nice, but never pictured it for my wedding.

I think when I was younger, I tried to picture what the groom looked like more than what the wedding looked like! hehe

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2010 10:34:02 AM
Author: Amzizzle
I never dreamed about my wedding growing up,I just knew I wanted one...Well until I met my Fiance!

I originally though I would be a super trendy bride,A mermaid fit gown,loft in Boston or New York (were from New England),Calla Lillies,and hot vibrant colors.

Well in my heart of hearts I knew that wasn''t me...I have never truly been trendy in my day to day life,but have always had a love of vintage and classic (I don''t know why I pictured my wedding differently).

So now I have a tulle,lace,and satin a-line dress with a 5ft veil,were getting married in a Mansion from the 1800''s,my wedding flowers are hydrangeas,and the colors are chocolate brown,moss green,ivory,and gold.

Even as I tried on things that I THOUGHT I wanted,it just didn''t fit.My true colors sure came out lol.
Kind of sounds like how my wedding evolved. I always knew I''d get married, but so many things have changed from what I thought when I was 16. I think I got to my 20''s and then put getting married out of my head because I wanted to travel and experience life by living in different cities. All of that I think changed my original thoughts.

My dress is ballgown, but dropped waist, and I thought I''d get a princessy tulle dress. My venue is an old bank that gives you the feeling of "The Great Gatsby." Circumstances in my life led me to discover that place years ago and it hadn''t even been renovated and conserved yet for wedding use. I have a cathedral veil but never thought about that before and my colors are cassis (plum like), leaf and ivory, when in the past I always thought cranberry would be the color of my bridesmaids dresses. If I''d gotten married in my 20''s I''d never thought of platinum and been happy with yellow gold wedding rings. Things change with age.

I''m happy with what we''ve come up with so far.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always thought I'd have the princess Cinderella wedding. That couldn't be farther from the truth in reality. I had to make the decision on what kind of wedding I wanted--I could have had the 200+, huge hotel wedding with a dozen attendants and me in a big white dress, or I could have had the courthouse wedding with me in my favorite blue dress, and only surrounded by our closest loved ones.

In reality I chose to have a wedding in Las Vegas, which, before I met my husband was somewhere I'd never gone. But Vegas, silver dress, 20 closest family and friends, with amazing food and surrounded by geeks and **** stars is what we got.

I definitely didn't imagine the **** stars when I was a little girl.
3.gif

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Always had to be outdoors since I can remember and always dreamed of it on the beach....guess where it''s going to be?

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2010 2:03:28 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I always thought I''d have the princess Cinderella wedding. That couldn''t be farther from the truth in reality. I had to make the decision on what kind of wedding I wanted--I could have had the 200+, huge hotel wedding with a dozen attendants and me in a big white dress, or I could have had the courthouse wedding with me in my favorite blue dress, and only surrounded by our closest loved ones.

In reality I chose to have a wedding in Las Vegas, which, before I met my husband was somewhere I''d never gone. But Vegas, silver dress, 20 closest family and friends, with amazing food and surrounded by geeks and **** stars is what we got.

I definitely didn''t imagine the **** stars when I was a little girl.
3.gif
I love this description - sounds so joyful and fun.
1.gif

I went to tons of Catholic weddings when I was a kid, and they all followed the same formula: bride in fluffy white dress, a dozen bridesmaids in ugly dresses, loooong mass at noon followed by a gap of several hours of doing nothing, dinner reception at a local hall at 6.

In my 20s, I really wanted a Vegas wedding. Easy and fun.

What we will likely do: a spiritual but not religious ceremony at a Unitarian church followed by a banquet at a Chinese restaurant. My 10 year old self would never have believed it, but now it seems perfect.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um. I didn't.

I honestly didn't envision anything until about half a year ago, when we started planning - a year after our engagement! I think - I know - FI had a clearer idea of what he wanted our wedding to be like than I did when we started
4.gif

It's all moving along nicely though. Thankfully!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I always said I was never going to get married .. there goes that plan!
38.gif
11.gif
9.gif

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2010 10:11:32 AM
Author: lilyfoot
I always said I was never going to get married .. there goes that plan!
38.gif
11.gif
9.gif
Werd.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results