shape
carat
color
clarity

Here come the nightmares!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
Last night I had my first official wedding nightmare! What a horrible dream!

I dreamed that about 4 guests showed up (we are inviting 95) then when we were reeling from that, I discovered that we FORGOT to hire a minister! So I had my brother on the phone desperately calling around to someone who could marry us. THEN, I kept thinking in my dream "where is my stupid wedding planner??" well, turns out she was too busy with another wedding to even worry about mine, so she basically quit the day of the wedding!

AND AS IF THAT WASN''T BAD ENOUGH....

I forgot my gown! lol. I remember thinking "oh no. My gown is all wrinkled and sitting in my Dad''s closet!" I had forgotten to get it cleaned and pressed, and even forgot to bring it to the wedding site!

and last but not least.....THE CAKE

I dreamed that the cake was this hideous cheesy supermarket bakery cake with lots of black icing & really gaudy bright pink sugar flowers, and the cake was the size of a car! LOL.

I guess my brain is starting to stress about all there is to do. I hate those kinds of dreams!

Has anyone else suffered from these nighttime bouts with your subconscious?

sick.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I feel bad for you. I never had wedding nightmares though I have ex-husband nightmares and they suck. I hope wedding nightmares is the most of your worries.

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Hello there. So sorry to hear you are having nightmares.
sad.gif
Though I am not planning my wedding, I can definitely relate. Whenever I have something big planned I have bizarre nightmares like that. For instance, I vaguely remember a few days before my prom that I had nightmares about showing up in some hideous dress, or that I couldn't find my shoes or was running late and completely missed my ride to the prom. Isn't it weird when these dreams happen?

What I find even weirder is that I have stressful dreams like these about things I don't even care about or I *know* I don't have a problem with. For example, when I was in high school I always had nightmares about missing the bus, even though not once in my life did I ever miss it! Pretty backwards huh?

Perhaps getting a few more things done on your to-do list will atleast cease them temporarily. I find that getting things out of the way often stops most of my anxiety. Well anyway, I hope your nightmares don't persist!
1.gif

Charmed

Shiny_Rock
Hello!

I also had pre wedding nightmares about 5 months prior to the wedding. They began and didn't stop until one month before. My nightmares were extremely similar to yours! The current theme was that no one showed up, I didn't get to walk down the aisle, the minister didn't show up, I didn't have my dress or veil, my hair wasn't done, I missed my hair appointment and was driving all around to find someone to do my hair. Some of the nightmares seemed so real. One of the worst was that I forgot to wear my contacts and when I got to the reception, I told my husband to leave and drive one hour to get them because I could not see at my own wedding!!!! Oh, the anxiety.

I was really planning the wedding all by myself. My husband helped but really I was in charge of everything. Once everything was finalized in the last month, the nightmares ended! They will go away and you will have a wonderful and beautiful wedding!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my god PG!!!

I had my 2nd nightmare this last weekend. The first one was a while back and was somewhat nebulous and funny....like I never bought shoes and was running around in my wedding dress with no shoes.

This one however still has me freaking out mentally!! Maybe too close to comfort!

We are about 10 weeks out and inside I am very stressed out about making everything happen. We watched American Wedding the other night and I thought...that is what is wrong with me. I am afraid that since I am doing everything myself, I am the 'planner and coordinator' in essence, that it will come off looking sloppy and not put together. Kind of like when you have an idea that you think was cool, then in the flesh you are like..ew that looks gross. So that is my secret fear. I wish I had a planner/coordinator, someone to handle things the day of and make all my mental fantasies come true in the good way. I am afraid that all my stuff will come out looking like cheesy cheapo wedding.
sad.gif
It looks nice in my mind but what if it doesn't come out the same way? It will be too late to do anything about it.

Anyway enough babbling. I am sure I will figure it out, I HAVE TO!
2.gif

Sooo in the meantime, back to my dream the other night...wow! It started out okay, it was the day of the wedding and I was checking on all the vendors and their items (don't ask me why but I was driving around the island on Kauai doing this...)...I checked the time at some point and it was around 11am. So I thought, great I am more than okay with time. Then suddenly in the dream I fell asleep and woke up at six pm!! I was freaking out driving back and realized Greg had tried to call me 5 times. I called him, and he answers, asks where I am. I said..what time is the wedding (on the invites I knew in the dream I had written 4:30). He said 8pm, don't worry you have time. I thought ..8pm? okay. So at this point I must have rolled over or something and disrupted the 'flow' of the dream because next thing I know...its the wedding and it's over (!?!) and we are taking pictures. But the photographer doesn't want to take pictures, he wants to LEAVE for a trip somewhere!! And he is taking pictures of other couples too. Also our setting is some weird concrete patio overlooking this HUGE city. Nothing like Kauai. Greg wants to take a picture there with the view and the photographer doesn't like it. I realized at this point that I never made the programs for the wedding or the menus! I was thinking..maybe I can rush over to the printer and no one will notice. THEN I realized I never saw the flowers in the wedding...where was my bouquet? What did it look like? Asked photographer to see some of the pictures (digital) and realized then that we were wearing some very odd 70's abstract print rainbow outfits. Well Greg's was rainbow and mine was a series of hot pinks and whites. The picture was us kissing very passionately and I thought, oh that will be great in a frame! I also recall I looked really THIN which I was happy about...LOL!
9.gif

At this point I think I woke up. What do you all make of that?! Got some serious wedding stress going on internally, eh?
2.gif
My to-do list is frighteningly long...I am sure it doesn't help me when I stare at it and tear at my hair....
errrr.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------

I guess my brain is starting to stress about all there is to do. I hate those kinds of dreams!

Has anyone else suffered from these nighttime bouts with your subconscious?

sick.gif

----------------

No, actually we eloped so I never suffered from any nightmares. But, FWIW, every time I browse the "Bride WW&GG" portion of this site I start to stress over all your posts
1.gif
lol

I feel for all of you!

Michelle

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results