shape
carat
color
clarity

Help

paris29

Shiny_Rock
Originally we had decided just to have my fiance and I and our parents plus his brother at the wedding, but then my parents who are paying suggested inviting more people. So we did, our guest list was at 50, but after some unexpected drama we are back to have a tiny wedding with just my parents, possibly my godmother and my fiance's dad, his brother, and possibly his uncle. Since we already told everyone about it (but haven't sent out invites) to our close friends that is, we decided to have wedding celebration type thing for just our friends the evening of our wedding at our house. I was never big on the whole big wedding idea and I'm glad to say the least, I'm ecstatic we are back down just a few people at the ceremony. Do you ladies think it is weird if we still send out invites to our friends for the reception only and is it weird to include our registry, should we even send invited? Also I will be changing after the ceremony and pictures, but still want to be recognized as the bride what do you ladies think of this dress for the wedding celebration

dress.jpg

dress2.jpg

shoes.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Nope, not weird to send reception only invites. If they ask about the ceremony, just tell them the truth.

Yes, weird to include registry details with the invite.

Lastly, the dress is pretty, but why not just keep your wedding gown on? Completely up to you, of course. If you want a different dress, then that's ok, but I see nothing wrong with wearing your wedding dress at your reception.

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
I think you should send the invites out provided that on the invite it just talks about the reception. If it includes anything about the ceremony then it should not be given to anyone who is not invited to that portion of your wedding.

Registry information should never be included in the invite, especially when the invite is for the reception only. Also, since your reception seems more like just a casual after party I would probably tell friends to not bring gifts at all.. but that's just me.

I think your after party dress is pretty, sweet, and appropriate. It goes well with your shoes, and the idea of a more informal event. Although, like Indy Lady suggested.. are you sure you don't want to wear your wedding dress all day??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results