shape
carat
color
clarity

Help please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NY SPARKLE

Rough_Rock
halloween/fall theme

Hi
Anyone have any elegant fall/halloween theme wedding websites?
rolleyes.gif

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
I always hate to admit it, but I love the Martha Stewart Wedding magazines. The trouble is, they come out with seasonal decorations during that season, rather than well ahead, when you're trying to plan. And the ideas on her website right now seem to be summery.

But.....on ebay you can usually find back issues! Currently several fall editions are available. Here's a link to one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3539105408&category=615

Most of these ideas will probably not be Halloween related, but very elegant and autumny!

Hope this helps.....Autumn weddings are beautiful!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

-Melissa

XvOrlyBearvX

Rough_Rock
Have you ever noticed how beautiful and sunny fall weekends are? Add to that changing leaves and a crispness in the air, and you've got yourself some amazing wedding weather. Here are ways to make your September-to-November soiree as autumnal as possible:

LOCATIONS
-- A house of worship or reception room with windows that look out on a valley of fall-colored trees.
-- Outdoors, in a park, forest preserve, or on the grounds of a private home or historic estate.
-- In an apple orchard or vineyard.
-- In a cozy bed and breakfast or inn.
-- On a farm or ranch.
-- Okay, I did say it's always gorgeous, it's still fall. Keep the possibility of changeable weather in mind. If the festivities are happening outside, you might want to rent a tent with sides. Or plan on an alternative indoor site.

INVITATIONS
-- Choose something in cream, maybe dressed up with leaf colors like rust, green, and gold.
-- Go for a floral motif, a colored border, or even a literal leaf design.
-- Other ideas: Invites in the shape of pumpkins, turkeys -- or, yes, leaves.

YOUR CLOTHES
-- Try on some off-white, cream-colored, even champagne or beige gowns.
-- Think about dresses with embroideries shot through with metallic silver or gold thread.
-- Consider seasonal fabrics like velvet, jacquard, or brocade, but keep things balanced -- if you wear a heavier fabric you might want the dress to be short-sleeved or sleeveless, since it may still be Indian Summer.
-- Bring along a matching wrap for cooler days or nights, maybe in a dramatic fall color like gold or deep green.
-- Grooms: Add a fall-colored tie and/or boutonniere to your outfit.

THE WEDDING PARTY
-- Bridesmaid dresses in deep colors like magenta, hunter, bronze, and gold would be beautiful. Or go for other metallics like silver and pewter.
-- Maids can all wear the same shade, or mix 'em up like the trees outside!
-- Have the guys wear long ties in similar fall shades.

FLOWERS
-- Sunflowers are the fall blooms.
-- Other popular autumn flowers: mums (chrysanthemum literally means "golden flower"), Gerbera daisies in fall colors, roses (peach, yellow, coral, white), hydrangea, Japanese anemones.
-- Have bouquets hand-tied with gold ribbons.
-- Other flowers in season in fall: bouvardia, China aster, dahlias, statice, yarrow.
-- Wear a wreath of fall flowers, wheat, or even fresh leaves in your hair.

DECORATIONS
-- Use jack o' lanterns as centerpieces, lit by candles inside.
-- Or opt for bouquets of pretty dried or fresh flowers, sheaves of wheat, raffia, cattails, twigs, leaves, and berries set in baskets. Surround them with mini pumpkins and gourds.
-- Mini scarecrow centerpieces!
-- Put bowls of candy corn on every table.
-- Tie bands of gold, brown, deep red, orange, and yellow ribbon around the chair backs.
-- Tie fall-colored velvet ribbon around silverware or napkins at each place setting. Attach a preserved fall leaf to each (you should be able to find them at craft stores).
-- Hang gold-colored netting with leaves woven into it over the cake table.

FOOD AND DRINKS/ENTERTAINMENT
-- This is the perfect opportunity to serve the quintessential fall meal. We're talking turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, and cranberry sauce.
-- Serve hot mulled cider (of course!).
-- Have a s'mores table, complete with graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate, plus skewers and a few open flames or candles for 'mallow melting!
-- Serve pumpkin pie and caramel apples along with the cake.
-- More fall dessert ideas: pecan pie, or anything made with apples: pie, strudel, tarts, crisp.
-- Decorate the cake with fresh leaves and a baby pumpkin as the topper.
-- While you're at it, set up a dunking-for-apples station!

FAVORS
-- Little pumpkins with your names and the date inscribed on them.
-- Halloween masks (could make for an interesting reception!).
-- Plastic pilgrim hats.
-- Candy corn wrapped in gold netting and tied with a ribbon (but only if you don't put bowls of the stuff on the tables -- overkill!).
-- Chocolate turkeys.
-- Mini baggies of Halloween candy -- fill 'em with old standbys like Sugar Babies, mini Hershey bars, Sweetarts, Tootsie Rolls, Smarties, fall-colored M&Ms -- and don't forget the pennies wrapped in tin foil!

-- Tracy L. Guth

XvvOrlyBearvvX

Rough_Rock

XvvOrlyBearvvX

Rough_Rock

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm neither are my style (too much material) but I like #1 better...it's more flowy and romantic but the halter is nice and sexy. #2's material looks way too stiff and almost painful, like dragging that around all night would be tedious.
2.gif
Plus I am not a fan of colored accents on bridal gowns.

2.gif
My 2 cents! I like #1!

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Personally, I like the overall look of the second one better, though I think the first one is more "weddingy" if you know what I mean. If I had to wear one of those i'd pick the second one. Hope this helps.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Hiya Orly!

Well since I'm an old f**t, I have to go with #1. It looks more 'wedding' to me.

#2 is lovely, but reminds me more of a prom dress.

I do, however, like your changing avatar. Very Goth!

win

XvvOrlyBearvvX

Rough_Rock
Ok yeah now its between the first one and this one:
4s.jpg

Thanks Win..Thats The guy I Love...

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, gottcha Orly, he is pretty cool looking, reminds me a bit of Michael Easton. (who I have a tremendous crush on, btw).

I still say #1, unless you can get #2 in lavendar or something.

win

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
1.gif

Is that your fiance, OB?

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Hey there again. I think I prefer #2, but I can't really see the dress in number 1 very well, I don't suppose you have any other pics of it? Well, have fun deciding! =-D

XvvOrlyBearvvX

Rough_Rock
Yeah Mara...lol

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I still like #1, IF you're not too busty. I have a D-cup and could never ever wear something like that but could wear strapless. Good luck and keep posting as you find new things!

XvvOrlyBearvvX

Rough_Rock
Ok and with #2 you can also buy a Manila lace skirt...Which looks like this: on the dress:
5.jpg

and Sleeves matching the skirt:
3.jpg

XvvOrlyBearvvX

Rough_Rock
here it is with sleeves:
3.jpg

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I love the lace skirt (it makes the dress look SO much more beautiful) but am not fond of the sleeves. Good luck!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
1.gif

The second dress's bodice looks very odd, like it's made up of sugar flowers. You'd look like a lace monster with the sleeves AND skirt.
errrr.gif

XvvOrlyBearvvX

Rough_Rock
My problem with the first one is...I cant find anymore pictures of it on the designers website. Im scared that the dress is really ugly from the front..Ill have to keep looking.

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
I definitely like #2 with the lace, it looks delicate and beautiful. As far as the sleeves, I think it looks nice either way. Happy deciding!

jenny

Rough_Rock
HI -It seems to me that your into the goth thing and i definately think the second #2 is the best it looks very gothic bride!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From what I see, the first and last do not light a candle to the style and make of #2. But what's with the black embroidery? To me that detail makes it a 'prom' dress. The fact that a couple of famous dresses (from film and oscars) look something like that, with black models applied on white satin, does not help my imagination either. BTW, is that dress by Oleg Cassini? If so, he does have a version with colored rather than black embroidery, all things equal. The shape and look of this #2 are very elegant and the other two dresses look as if they were from a whole different range (and not higher). Not a taugh choice for me at all...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results