shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me ID the blue flowers in this bouquet!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
I fell in love with the picture of this bouquet!
30.gif

The wedding colors I picked are cornflower blue with lilac and silver accents. My dress is all white with silver beading, so I wanted a few color accents in my bouquet to help it stand out!

I adore the simple, classy look of the roses in this bouquet, but does anyone know what the small blue flowers are????
19.gif

Flowers1.jpg

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I can''t help you in IDing that flower, but I just wanted to say that I think that bouquet is gorgeous!!

I bet if you take that picture to any florist, they should be able to tell you what it is with no problem. My small-town florist waded through all of the pics I had been cutting out over the past year, and they were able to tell me pretty easily what the flowers were, whether they were in-season, whether they really will look the shade they were in the pic, or whether they would have been dyed.

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Sabine -

I'm glad that someone else likes the bouquet too!! My mom always called me "vanilla girl" b/c I like things simple and sophisticated!
12.gif

I haven't yet met with a florist, but am definately printing out the picture to show them when I go.
1.gif

My wedding is going to be in my hometown in Ohio. I live in Pennsylvania right now (about a 2.5 hour drive), so it is hard for me to get things done on my own.

I thought that if anyone can ID the flower, then maybe I can do a Google Images search for more bouquet ideas!
2.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
They almost look like crocus to me, I used to have flowers that looked exactly the same growing in my yard. But they must not be because I would think those would be the worst bouquet flowers ever...

sera

Ideal_Rock
Looks like Agapanthas to me, too.

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 5:33:56 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I think they might be blue agapanthas?
Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner......Thanks NewEnglandLady and sera for your help!!!!
36.gif

I think the blue agapanthus are a pretty good match!!!
28.gif

blue agapanthus1.jpg

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
I have never heard of an agapanthus but I too have to say that it is beautiful!! What a lovely bouquet!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I was going to say Nile lily, aka Agapanthus but I''ve never seen anyone take the florets off individually like that. It''s cool.

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Wow...a lot of you ladies are a lot more flower-savy than I am! Thanks for your help!
9.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I had been feeling really strange latley. So made an appointment and my Doctor said to take two of these 3 times a day for my Agapanthus. If I don''t it may return and turn into more serious strain of Agapanthuscitis.

DKS...."thank you! Thank You!"

Kidding aside...Vanilla girl...that bouquet is spectacular. Can''t wait to see what more SIMPLE/plain ol vanilla things you come up with! Really great!

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 7:47:47 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
I had been feeling really strange latley. So made an appointment and my Doctor said to take two of these 3 times a day for my Agapanthus. If I don''t it may return and turn into more serious strain of Agapanthuscitis.

DKS....''thank you! Thank You!''

Kidding aside...Vanilla girl...that bouquet is spectacular. Can''t wait to see what more SIMPLE/plain ol vanilla things you come up with! Really great!
DKS you just made me chuckle out loud!!!
9.gif
9.gif
I needed that after a busy day at work! Thanks!!!!!
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results