shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a pretty bouquet for my October wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
So, after we are finally set on the colors when want to use...now I can''t decide on what kind of flowers I want for the bouquets. I like the idea of dark blues because it''ll match the dresses...but we also have a dark silver/pewter color to work with and I don''t know how to incorporate it or leave it out altogether. Any ideas? Pictures would help too! :)

bluepewter.JPG

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
My bridesmaid dresses are the same color as yours and I''m using vibrant oranges (think Gerbera daisies, etc) in the bouquets. I love the pop of color of orange against dark blue. I think doing a pop of some kind of color (even if it''s white against the blue) would have more pizzazz than doing a matching blue. But that''s just my personal opinion, so you can take it or leave it!
1.gif

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
I like the idea of white....and maybe throw in some blues. Should I still go with dark blue flowers, or a lighter blue maybe?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
A few Iris (plural?) might really look nice!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I would avoid blue flowers, and go with a complimentary color palette. Iris won''t be in season in October, so they''ll cost more. Perhaps some hot pinks and creams?

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Have you seen Museys bouqet? I LOVE it and think it would be fabulous for an october wedding. I personally think adding a *touch* of blue in something like that might look ok. I don''t think I would go with one using a majority of blue or cream with blue where the blue would be the dominant color.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should go for white, with touches of blue and splashes of fuschia to bring the colour out. I'm heading out the door now, but i'll post some pics when I'm back. Here's a basic idea:

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, it didn''t post. Here it is:

bluefuschia.jpg

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
I also think oranges would be very very pretty! Ivory/whites would be fine too, if you''re not into the bright splash of color. I''d probably avoid red, otherwise it might get a bit too patriotic for my wedding tastes.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
If you like blue flowers, I would say go for it! But I think adding a bright contrast color would definitely add some interest. I''ll post a couple of pics I found:

Here''s a pink and blue bouquet:

pinkandblue2.jpg

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and I meant to say that you could add the pewter color in with the ribbon color on the bouquet.

Here''s a blue and yellow one:

yellowandblue.jpg

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, a partner came in my office and I had to quick minimize...

Where was I? One last pic, another pink and blue:

pinkandblue.jpg

bootsiekin

Shiny_Rock
I had an October wedding and my BM dresses were navy blue, my dress was ivory with navy. Our bouquets had pink stargazer lilies, ivory roses and blue delphiniums. Since I really wanted stargazers, my colors became navy and dark pink. Although the delphiniums were light blue, I it really looked nice with the dresses.

Here is a pic with the bouquets on my train:

train with bouquets.jpg

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Oops that photo was smaller than I expected...trying again.

"Hemlock, Austrian pine and an armature of curly willow impart rustic charm to a bouquet of white and green hydrangea, ivory spray roses and white trachelium."

1168194811-1.jpg

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
"A bouquet of white roses, nigella, green hydrangea and Queen Anne''s lace."

1168194640.jpg

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...you girls are really creative I love it! Kama_s....I like that one! And bootsiekin, I love those colors together!!

lucyandroger: It''s funny that you posted a yellow and blue one...we were originally going to go with those colors for the dresses, but yellow looked too bright on the bridesmaids...and my FI didn''t want to put yellow vest on the guys with black pants and have them look like bees! Haha

Thank you for your help!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just had to post my favorite all time blue bridal bouquet.Some of the flowers (the grape hyacynth) maybe expensive or unavailable, but there are some substitutions that can be made.

ss_100444963.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results