shape
carat
color
clarity

Help from the gals....find me bridal jewelry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay well you have all seen my dress...or most of it
1.gif

You have also seen the diamond set I wanted from Fortunoff. Well I''ve decided I don''t want to spend that much on a bridal set even though it''d be fun to keep it for a possible future kid etc.

What I want now is simple pearl chandelier earrings in white gold or similar. Real chandeliers. The only thing I have found so far that is similar is in GOLD which I don''t like. I cannot find anything like what I have in my head! Why is this so hard?

I also need a matching necklace. I want a pearl chandelier necklace that matches the earrings in a similar way...doesn''t need to be an EXACT same match (e.g. earrings is the exact same as necklace drop), but I want a chandelier type drop necklace so that the two appear to match. I thought about doing pearl chand earrings and just a pearl drop necklace, but I want something more matchy.

Can anyone help? Oh can''t be too pricey. Say the entire set needs to be under about $300. Help help!! I am coming down to the wire and don''t know what to do...I should get this taken care of really soon so its out of my hair (alot of other things to be thinking about!! my to-do list is scary).

Did anyone see Jamie Lynn Discala''s earrings on the Celebrity Wedding InStyle show? That is what gave me the pearl idea. I loved her earrings, simple and just really eye-catching too.

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
Are the ones in gold on a website? That way I know what style you like.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
They were but I don't recall where..hee hee. This is actually a set I ADORE...but there is no matching necklace. Plus I'd prefer REAL diamonds but not necessary...and actually would prefer no diamonds, just pearls and metal, but hard to find...

http://store.yahoo.com/tpa/chmoofpedrch.html

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also really love this pendant, but alas..no earrings!!! See...its either I find a piece I like but can't find anything else to go with it...ugh.

kite pendant.jpeg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
And these are the MOP earrings in the link above. Adore these, they are fake diamonds...but no necklace!!!
rolleyes.gif

mop earrings.jpeg

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
This is trickier than I thought it might be. I am finding some, but they don't have any matching necklaces. Here's one that I found, but it's more than you wanted to spend on just the earrings, and I am not sure if I am crazy about the style. I like the imitation ones you listed above better.

http://www.americanpearl.com/ssest1077.html

I'm still looking....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
This may sound weird...but what if I bought those MOP earrings...then bought ANOTHER pair and took one and had our local jeweler make it into a necklace? I could just use a silver chain so it wouldn't be pricey, and I could possibly cut off the bottom pearl danglies so its not EXACTLY the same. That would be cheap and get me a nice set that I like. Hmmm thoughts?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Something like this maybe, on a silver chain?

potential mop pendant.jpeg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or.....this?

potential mop pendant2.jpeg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or.... ?

potential mop pendant3.jpeg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or?

Hee Hee. This is fun. I love Photoshop.

potential mop pendant4.jpg

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
Grr...I have been trying to reply to this post for the past 20 minutes. How dare work get in the way!

I really like that 3rd necklace idea you showed above. I can imagine that on a chain very easily. I think this might be a really good idea. You can buy two sets of earrings and have a jeweler change one earring to a necklace, and I am sure you would still come in way under that $300.00 limit you set. They are such pretty earrings. I hope they're as pretty in person as they are online. They look much more expensive than they are.

Good find!

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Surprisingly enough, I saw a beautiful *looking* pair of chandelier earrings similar to the style you like, Mara, for $99, in of all places, BJ's wholesalers. However they were all WG and diamonds, (not very good quality, I'm sure, however they looked pretty), no pearls...still I'm sure if you could find them, you could probably find a necklace to match.

win

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Win what is BJ wholesalers?

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, maybe they don't have BJ's on the left coast, but BJ's is a super discount place on the style of Costco or Sam's club, but I find some of the things they have to be better quality, than either of the aforementioned.

The pair I saw I'd been coveting since well before Christmas, but when I got downsized, spending even $99 was out of the question...but they are very attractive.

I wish I had some way of getting a pic and getting it to you Mara, I'd gladly buy them for you and send them to you.

win

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Mara,

I like the idea of the second set of chandelier earrings and using one to make a necklace. However, could you photoshop an image of the single earring minus the three drops hanging off the bottom. Kind of like the one you posted but not removing the middle thingy. I picture in my head that it would make a lovely pendant but how long is the earring?

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
Iknow these are only fashion jewelry, but is this the style you are looking for Mara? I will keep looking for you.
2.gif

http://www.aiyo.com/app/st/shop/item-do/itemid/9920/GENUINE-PEARL-CRYSTAL-CHANDELIER-EARRINGS.html

http://www.aiyo.com/app/st/shop/item-do/itemid/4289/GENUINE-PEARL-CIRCLE-DROP-CHANDELIER-EARRINGS.html

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DBM..I love that second link. Very cute and simple too. The first ones are beautiful but a little tooooo bling-bling for what I am looking for. However, again...same problem...no matching necklace. Though I could probably do the same thing I was thinking with the MOP ones which is modify an earring. Hmm
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,

Where did you find that one necklace. . .the one that says, "I also really love this pendant, but alas..no earrings!!! See...its either I find a piece I like but can't find anything else to go with it...ugh."? I love it! Can't afford it, I'm sure, but would like to bookmark it just in case finances change
1.gif

Michelle

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh the kite pendant? Isn't it beautiful? I think it's about $300 or something. Anyway I saw it at rosssimons.com or ross-simons.com or something like that. It's kind of like a Fortunoff where they sell a bunch of stuff and jewels too.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I did a little searching and found a few websites for ya, Mara.

This first one had a couple (maybe 3) bridal earring/necklace sets.

http://www.erwinpearl.com/store/chandelier_collection.htm

This second one had a matching pair of earrings and necklace. Crystal and pearl. Hard to tell much about the details.

http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html/601-6015790-1041716?%5Fencoding=UTF8&node=10287191

This third site offered lots of styles and will custom create pieces for your bridal party. The site says turn around time is about a week from time of order.

http://www.byrddesigns.com/bridaljewelry.htm

I didn't really see anything quite like the pics you posted or liked, but I'll keep looking.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results