shape
carat
color
clarity

hairstyles

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
Have any brides to be out there picked out a hairstyle for the big day? I am so frusterated. Every bridal hairstyle I see looks like a prom photo. The hair in these big elaborate curls on top of the head with the tiara. I just want something simple, polished, and out of my face. I have long hair, so I definitely don''t want to wear it down. I just wish I could find ONE photo of a style that I liked. arrugh! I think i want a low chignon, but I can''t find one that is exactly what I want either. I don''t need to stress out over it just yet, the wedding is still months away, but I figure if some of you start posting what your hairstyle ideas are, I might get an idea I like. All the styles I see on theknot.com are just not me. I don''t know how to explain it.

But enough about me...I am excited to hear about what you all have planned!
1.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
PG

Though I was wed many years ago, I had very long black hair, and did exactly what you are contemplating, a low delicate chignon, rather like that of a ballerina.

win

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you both so much for responding.

Winyan - I totally agree. That's exactly what I am going for ....delicate & feminine, and elegant...like a ballerina. That's a perfect description.

ChooChoo - Those pictures are wonderful. Where did you find them? I have searched high and low and haven't been able to find photos like that. I particularly like #1 & #2. Thank you so much for taking the time to post those. That helps a lot!

Take care,

PG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm also doing a low chignon...I have dark longer hair (been growing it!). With orchids tucked into the back sweep. I want a very low chignon, almost resting on the base. My hairstylist does that commonly and sent me some great pix. Maybe I will post if I can find some time tomorrow!
1.gif

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
That would be awesome...I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Thought I'd search my memory archives. I think the kind of chignon that is in pics 1 & 2 is know as a 'french roll'. Though of course, at my advanced age, I could be wrong!

*grin*
21.gif

win

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results