shape
carat
color
clarity

Hair/Makeup Trial and Dress Pics!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I had my hair and makeup trial this weekend with the stylist who will be working with me on the wedding day. I am really happy with the results! I brought pictures and asked for a half up style, a little volume on top, with looser curls to keep the length long. The makeup look was perfect - I wanted my eyes played up a bit, soft natural looking foundation and blush, and a bright 1940s-style lip color. We picked a lipstick shade called Kelly from the brand that the salon carries, and it's just right for what I was looking for. The hair stayed all day (12 hours) and was still beautiful at the end of the evening. My fiance' loved it - he told me he's very excited to marry a "hot babe" like me so he can have a "trophy wife!" LOL

Pictures! Hair with my hair flower from the side and back.
Hair-Makeup%20Trial%20and%20Dress%20002.jpg

Hair-Makeup%20Trial%20and%20Dress%20003.jpg

Makeup look!
Hair-Makeup%20Trial%20and%20Dress%20004.jpg

My mother and I went home after the salon visit and lunch, and she helped me get into my dress for a test run of everything at once - hair, makeup, shoes, dress, jewelry, veil. The dress is amazing. She finished the hem beading on it, and she still needs to put in the zipper, add some tiny buttons to the back, and work on a bustle. She's taking in the waist by approximately 3 inches to put in the zipper. That's such an accomplishment for me, representing a lot of hard work and toning up since this summer. =)

I put everything on and got to see the full picture for the first time. Holy WOW. I teared up, and Mom got so choked up seeing me in the dress she made. She had to call Grandma to tell her all about the beautiful bride she was looking at in the room. Awwww! 8) I can't wait to try all of this on when the dress is totally done. Only 27 days left until the big day! Woo hoo!

Back of my gown on the dummy - hem beading is GORGEOUS!
Hair-Makeup%20Trial%20and%20Dress%20006.jpg

Dress on me!
Hair-Makeup%20Trial%20and%20Dress%20008.jpg

Hair-Makeup%20Trial%20and%20Dress%20010.jpg

Veil, hair flower, and jewelry.
Hair-Makeup%20Trial%20and%20Dress%20011.jpg

Hair-Makeup%20Trial%20and%20Dress%20013.jpg

Hair-Makeup%20Trial%20and%20Dress%20017.jpg

Thanks for looking!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You look beautiful Mannequin :bigsmile:

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
You look absolutely fabulous!! You make a gorgeous bride-can't wait to see your wedding pics!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: ditto bee on making a gorgeous bride!

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
YOU look STUNNING!!! How special to have your dress made by your mom. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!

I love that your mother made your dress - that is so sweet! And you look absolutely stunning!

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
Your personality shines though in every detail
You look lovely and your mom is a talented lady

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!!!! You look absolutely radiant. Just gorgeous!!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
beautiful bride!!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
You're going to be a beautiful bride. Your jewelry, makeup, hair, all go perfectly with the dress your mom made (how sweet)! Looking forward to seeing the pictures from your wedding!

ETA: And congratulations on losing those inches!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
You look beautiful, mannequin!
That dress is amazing and I love your hair flower!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You look great! Very natural and not over made-up. Lovely skin helps!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
You look so pretty! I especially love the shade of lipstick you're wearing--it's bold, but it suits you very well. You are going to make such a gorgeous bride!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so much for your positive comments! We are 24 days out and there is still work to be done on the gown, but I am feeling very calm and Zen about the whole process because I know that the dress is in good hands. I think I am going to get Mom to put a French bustle put onto this gown because the beading is very heavy at the bottom hem. Hopefully will have some pics of that to share soon.

The only accessory not pictured is my garter. An aunt sewed one for me using scrap material from the dress and embroidered it with my name, FI's name, and our wedding date. She sewed some Star Trek stuff onto it for my sweetie - LOL. Aunt L also made a toss garter for the reception.

Meeting with our day-of coordinator tomorrow - should be fun! I will keep checking in with updates as the wedding date comes closer. :bigsmile:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, in a few of the pictures you totally remind me of Winona Ryder---in a good way!

You look great! I can't wait for pictures!

See, look!

Winona Ryder.jpg

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha, thanks Freke! I've heard that before. Hopefully I am not the crazy shoplifting Winona!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results