shape
carat
color
clarity

Gypsy and Legal Experts, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so I have a question. We are trying to find a good quote or something for our save the dates since my one idea is not really working out. So, my question is this. If we use a quote from a greeting card or something do we need to get permission? How would we know if that phrase is copyrighted/trademarked, etc.? I''ve found some I liked and when I googled the quotes nothing came up. Anyway, any advice would be great.
1.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Sarah, I just got an STD from my daughters friend and it is the most amazing STD I have ever seen. I will try and take a picture of it and post it so you can see it. I will try to describe it.

It consists of three black and white photos of the couple together holding a sign..The first is "Save", the second is "The" the third is "Date". The last square is a card with the info on it.

Each square is cut the same size and pasted onto a slightly larger black stock paper which serves as a background border. There is a red 3/4 inch ribbon running through all four squares so that when you open the box and lift the ribbon the STD falls, accordion style, held by the red ribbon. It''s awesome. The ribbon is glued vertically between the three photos and info card and their black "framing" card. I don''t know what the overall cost was, but I know that our friend put them all together, so it was mainly the cost of the black and white photos, the boxes and the black shreds of confetti paper they were mailed in. Oh, and the printing of the bottom square.

That is a sucky description, but honestly, I have never seen anything like it before. It is probably labor intensive.

Now, to answer your question...
9.gif

I don''t think I have ever seen a legal case where a greeting card company filed an action against a consumer for using a quote for their wedding. Usually, they would have to prove that you gained financially from their intellectual property or copyright. I don''t know anyone who gains financially from their wedding. Not in this country anyway.
7.gif
I wish my daughter would gain from hers.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Thanks miracles and Sabine! I probably should have specified, but I was more worried about action against my invitation designer''s corp, hmm. But maybe it''s not an issue, yaaay!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results