shape
carat
color
clarity

guests who weren't invited....the good/guilty side

merbear1215

Rough_Rock
So, as gifts have been arriving I have received several from people we did not invite!! Actually, every single one of them was on our initial list, but when we had to make cuts, we removed them from the list.

It really touches my heart that they thought of us even though they were not invited, but it also makes me feel guilty. And again, these aren't people out of left field, but rather people we had considered at one time or another.

One couple is a friend of my sister and very far away, so I sent my thank you. Another couple is nearby and a friend of the family so we pulled the "ooh, we got your gift but never received your RSVP." Of course, they said they never received one, so I "re-sent" and now they are attending :) (this was also made possible at this point because we knew others who were not attending).

Just today, through interoffice mail , I received a card and a gift from my buddy (who used to work in my office, but transferred to a branch office) who I rode the train with once a week. Truth be told, he transferred 6 months ago, just BEFORE we got engaged. So, if he had still worked in our office, I am sure he would have scored the invited. He is a really funny and easy going guy...so while I don't think I could do this to everyone, I think I could with him. I think I just wanna call him up and be like "you should come on Sunday!" (yes 5 days away). What do you guys think of this?

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you and your FI want him there and can invite him without causing problems (catering, seating, etc) then go for it! It is your wedding and if you'd like to invite him then why not?

If he were less laid back you might hurt his feelings by inviting him because he sent a gift, but you know him and I don't so you'd have to decide if he'd be okay with it.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's your buddy and you rode the train with him once a week. What's the difference regarding whether he still works in your office and when he left? If he's a friend and you have room to accommodate him at your wedding, invite him sooner rather than later.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results