shape
carat
color
clarity

Groomsmen''s gifts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I know that there are a lot of past threads on this, but I figured I''d ask again.

What in the world are you giving your groomsmen? FI and I are looking for ideas. I find men so hard to shop for. Especially when said men are not drinkers/smokers/sports fans.

So what are your ideas? Feel free to mention your bridesmaids gifts too! (I''ve already purchased these)

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
My husband took everyone for a round of golf at a nice golf course and gave each man a gift bag with a golf shirt and hat with a monogrammed logo. He also paid for the tux rental.

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
We are considering steel money clips (monogrammed with their initials.) I liked the idea of cufflinks (they look so sharp) but FI says only one of the groomsmen would ever wear them anyway. I think some sort of outing would be awesome, like tickets to a baseball/football game (even if they don''t like sports, everyone loves going to an occasional game) or like a PP said, a golf outing.

farfrompro

Rough_Rock
Don''t even get me started on groomsmen gifts....my FI has decided he is giving all of his guys pellet guns. oye. I have tried multiple times to talk him out of this and will continue to do so until the day of. haha. But in reality, they are HIS groomsmen and if thats what he wants to get them I guess i cant say too much.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
We gave them all (5 groomsmen and 2 ushers) high quality keychains from a local jeweler with their initials monogrammed on them.

They''re all using them! :) So I consider it a successful gift.

In the same social circle people had already done watches, flasks, money clips, etc.

meresal

Ideal_Rock

We gave Coach money clips. They were leather and magnetic. They were a big hit and all of the guys, including DH, use theirs all the time. (also paid for tux rentals)

coach money clip water buffalo 1.jpg

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
good ideas everyone! Thanks for the input.

Farfrompro- are you marrying my FI, because I when I asked him a few months ago if he had any ideas, I''m sure I heard the words pellet gun, or air gun come out of his mouth. Yikes...

I would like to give something useful yet sentimental to them (they are my friends as well as his, and my brother). Something that they could have for years and look at when they are old and remember. I was thinking of a desktop captains clock with tide clock, or a pocket compass/clock that we could have engraved with their name/monogram. I don''t know.

I will not allow air guns to be given!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
We bought the ties they will be wearing at the wedding. I thought it would be something they will always have to use and remember.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
DH got his groomsmen humidor boxes and an assortment of cigars as well as three different cigar cutters. They were a HUGE hit with the guys.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2010 2:12:09 PM
Author: laughwithme
We are considering steel money clips (monogrammed with their initials.) I liked the idea of cufflinks (they look so sharp) but FI says only one of the groomsmen would ever wear them anyway. I think some sort of outing would be awesome, like tickets to a baseball/football game (even if they don''t like sports, everyone loves going to an occasional game) or like a PP said, a golf outing.
Excellent idea Laughwithme!! i just mentioned that to my Fi and he loved the idea!

We''re also thinking flasks, beer stiens or "the boot" since most of our guys do enjoy a good beer.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
We had an "unofficial" bridal party and DH bought one guy a set of Tiffany old fashioned glasses and a bottle of scotch and the other a tie he wanted from Barneys.

One of my girls got a longchamp bag and scarf and the other a dooney and bourke bag and framed picture.

Our flower girls got matching gift baskets with a stuffed animal, science kit, heart shaped jewelry box, necklace, and a cute wooden puzzle.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2010 7:26:30 PM
Author: Blair138
DH got his groomsmen humidor boxes and an assortment of cigars as well as three different cigar cutters. They were a HUGE hit with the guys.

Blair, we did this for all the guys to have after the Rehearsal dinner! The guys LOVED it!

It was a gift from my dad to all the "men" of the wedding and families.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
We bought their ties. For bridesmaids, we gave necklaces and earrings from Beadforlife.org, one of my fave charitable organizations, and really pretty and unique jewelry:)

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
FI has decided he wants to give his groomsmen space pens. The ones that can write upside down because they don''t use gravity.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
We did monogrammed flasks filled with Jack. They were enjoyed.
3.gif

I got the girls a necklace to wear day of and paid for their nails to get done.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 3:36:28 PM
Author: sunnyd
We did monogrammed flasks filled with Jack. They were enjoyed.
3.gif

I got the girls a necklace to wear day of and paid for their nails to get done.

I like the flask idea!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
FI wants to give his boys monogrammed "Das boot" mugs, however, it''s safe to say that said men are all drinkers
2.gif
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results