shape
carat
color
clarity

Grooms wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 9:23:51 PM
Author: Winslet
p.s. - I''m really loving your rings together Musey!
30.gif
Thanks winslet!! Me too
blusher.gif
I had to talk him into the platinum (I secretly wanted something matchy about our rings), he wanted a silver overlay.

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Mr.L only likes very, very plain rings in titanium, tungsten, & ceramic, so our budget for his ring is going to be around $300, but his ring will probably cost less than that. I''d be find with spending up to $1000 on his ring though since that''s also my budget for my w-ring.

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
My DH was also very cheap.

He wanted titanium, and I kept showing him ones with platinum inlays, etc. However, he chose a plain 5 or 6mm (forgot which one) titanium band. I found website having a big sale, and paid $45.

I feel bad since mine cost about $1300 more, but we are both happy!

lsbweddingrings.jpg

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
My FI wants a very unobtrusive wedding band, especially since his job is such that he won't be able to keep it on while he works if it's too thick. And if he takes it off, he'll definitely lose it. So I think we're both going to end up with ~2mm bands. We actually have a pair of matching 2.5mm white gold pipe-cut bands already, because in his culture the engagement ring is the wedding band, and the couple wears them on their right hands until the wedding and then switches them over. He will probably end up doing this, however my e-ring is platinum so I don't think the existing band will work for me -- but it's okay because the combined cost of both bands converted to a little under $300 (I love places where the dollar is actually worth something!!).

audball

Ideal_Rock
I, like Dreamgirl, am not even engaged, but SO and I have looked for fun. His career of choice will end up causing potential loss/damage and he''s adamant about tungsten. We found one on Whiteflash we both liked a lot for less than $500. It''s titanium, which was his second choice, but he loves the design, very different, and seemed to suit an engineer.

Here''s the link, there''s matching cuff links too!

Ring
http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Mens-Jewelry/Sport-Grey-Titanium-Ring-WIth-Sterling-Silver-Cables-and-Black-Diamond-by-Edward-Mirell_1363.htm

Cuff Links
http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Mens-Jewelry/Sport-Grey-Titanium-Cuff-Links-with-Sterling-Silver-Cables-by-Edward-Mirell_1358.htm

EdwardMirelWBandCablesmaller.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
The cuff links.

EdwardMirelCufflinks.jpg

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think my husband''s band was about $100. It''s a stainless steel band from TENO. Stainless is not for everyone. If my memory serves me correctly, it''s not ideal if you work with your hands.

IMG_0152 resize.JPG

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 9:12:24 PM
Author: roseg
I think my husband's band was about $100. It's a stainless steel band from TENO. Stainless is not for everyone. If my memory serves me correctly, it's not ideal if you work with your hands.
Rose, the first band my husband fell in love with is by boccia and sold at Teno. I love that store. His wedding band is the result of a search for one like it, but wider and with platinum
1.gif

Here is that band:

bocciaband48t2039486.jpg

J2K

Rough_Rock
We just ordered 3 rings from titaniumkay.com Each of them is 6mm and Tungsten, with the most expensive being 79.99. Locally, the same rings cost $2-300. They will allow us to return the two rings we don''t keep for no restocking fee... just have to pay shipping back to them.

They also do engraving for $40, so that''s another place that does that as well.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Hubby''s band was about $600. We had originally found a Christian Bauer two tone with rose and white gold that he really liked but it was almost $2000 and that just wasn''t possible for us. He ended up going with a white and yellow two tone band thats like 8mm thick and hammered in the middle. I''d like to upgrade him to the Christian Bauer later on when I get my own upgrade.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Audball, my husband really likes that cable titanium style as well. Here are his Triton cable band and a woven silver band he wears sometimes as well.
jmhjrings.jpg

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
My FI wanted plain plain PLAIN...
7.gif
and I wanted him to at least look at other things. So as much as I would have liked to go through a PS vendor for his band we went to a few local jewelers in San Diego so he could try on some "non plain" rings just so appease me.
2.gif

In the end we had an opportunity to buy an estate piece, a Tiffany''s Lucida band but it just didn''t look right on him.

We ended up purchasing a tungsten band with platinum inset so it''s still very simple but has a "little something" going on with it to make it unique. I think it is by Trew Tungsten.

Daydreamer7130

Shiny_Rock
Actually this is the band that we both wear. They are made in Ireland.

I could not stand the women''s band because it had diamonds around both edges and they looked like frozen spit. I will not wear any diamond(s) that look bad!! I ordered a men''s band in my size instead. We love them and they are extremely comfortable!

The band is both 14k yellow and white gold, heavy and was around 1000.00 each.

760-Celtic-Knot-Inset-Band-Yellow.jpg

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I''m surprised how many people''s husbands/FIs went with titanium bands! I was skeptical at first, but after doing some research, it seems like people have been happy with the choice.

FI wants a VERY plain band as well (in fact Roseg''s husband''s band looks exactly like what FI wants). I tried to steer him towards rings with at least a little design, but he was adamant about wanting a flat band w/ no embellishments whatsoever. He also didn''t care in the least about metals, so I think we''re going to go w/ the titanium one, which I''m planning to order from Boone Titanium Ring and will cost $95.

My ring, on the other hand, was a wee bit more than that. I got this 3-sided pave from Whiteflash :) I can''t wait to wear it!

newbie_band.jpg

teapot

Shiny_Rock
I think it would depend on what he wants. If he wants so bling in it, expect to budget more. Thankfully DH wanted as super plain band so it was about $100. He really wanted Sterling Silver or Stainless steel, but we couldn''t find anything in those metals that we liked so we got a titanium ring instead.

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 11:42:00 AM
Author: musey

Date: 1/12/2009 11:53:20 PM
Author: happydreams

Date: 1/12/2009 8:33:58 PM
I spent just under $400 on his titanium and platinum band. We shopped together, but he did all the picking out - I didn''t want to influence his choice at all. The budget was free for him to get whatever he wanted... though I probably would have had to scramble for anything over $3k.

Here are our bands together:

museyandfisrings.jpg
i love your band. it looks like the tiffany jazz ring.

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=GRP00109&mcat=148204&cid=288152&search_params=s+5-p+23-c+288152-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+
Thanks... That''s good, because it is a Tiffany Jazz band!
3.gif
Though not the one you linked. This one:

Tiffany Jazz Band Ring

Mine is the fixed (not flexible) 2mm eternity Jazz band. Here''s my thread for reference: Musey''s Wedding Band.
Ah.. I see.
2.gif
I just never assume rings are one brand since there may be similar bands out there.
It''s very nice.
9.gif
I have always wanted a square diamond and was thinking how nice your band would look with it.
(the contrast would be so interesting!)

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/17/2009 1:10:18 AM

Date: 1/13/2009 11:42:00 AM

Date: 1/12/2009 11:53:20 PM

Date: 1/12/2009 8:33:58 PM
I spent just under $400 on his titanium and platinum band. We shopped together, but he did all the picking out - I didn''t want to influence his choice at all. The budget was free for him to get whatever he wanted... though I probably would have had to scramble for anything over $3k.

Here are our bands together:

museyandfisrings.jpg
i love your band. it looks like the tiffany jazz ring.

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=GRP00109&mcat=148204&cid=288152&search_params=s+5-p+23-c+288152-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+
Thanks... That''s good, because it is a Tiffany Jazz band!
3.gif
Though not the one you linked. This one:

Tiffany Jazz Band Ring

Mine is the fixed (not flexible) 2mm eternity Jazz band. Here''s my thread for reference: Musey''s Wedding Band.
Ah.. I see.
2.gif
I just never assume rings are one brand since there may be similar bands out there.
It''s very nice.
9.gif
I have always wanted a square diamond and was thinking how nice your band would look with it.
(the contrast would be so interesting!)
oh snap! you have an asscher! i just looked at your link. I guess great minds think alike.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results