shape
carat
color
clarity

getting lost in stupid stuff

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I SWEAR I posted yesterday...where'd it go!?!?

Anyway, Rosetta, I just wanted to give your wedding planner a round of applause!!! :appl: She sounds pretty amazing!

Chugging away here with 38 days left to go. Our cardstock and vellum from Paper and More came in the mail yesterday, so I can start working on programs any time now. I'm kinda wishing I'd gotten the white vellum instead of the cream, since the cream is a bit more yellow than I would've liked, but it just affirms the fact that the green cardstock goes between the vellum and the purple! :lol:

Hope everyone is doing well!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
vc, I'm sure the cream looks great. Have fun putting those together! I keep wanting to hit you because you've done things that I have not yet done. Like pick music!

rosetta, how great you have an awesome planner! I love mine, but I've definitely taken on a lot of responsibility myself.

I'm at 10 days now. Wowsers. Tomorrow - single digits.

Right now there we're doing a billion little things. Mostly paper things. I'm kind of shocked at the number of paper things that need to be done. Programs, station menus, bar menus, favor labors, welcome dinner menus, welcome dinner beverage tags, amenity basket sign, guest "book" sign, direction signs... SOOO MUCH!

I've finally finished getting my bridesmaid gifts done. I found some earrings that I loved from bytheseagemdesigns on etsy, so each 'maid got a different pair. I also got my officiant a pendant and my flower girl a wee little pendant with an amethyst stone (turns out daniel m went on vacation!). So along with the other stuff (robe, clutches, wraps) that's all done! Tomorrow we go get my mom's jewelry made (turning fabric trim into a necklace and taking beads off the trim to turn them into earrings).

I get to Chicago Sunday, then a ton of little things to do. I just hope I remember what I'm supposed to be doing! My brain is like scrambled eggs. Bridal brain is THE WORST.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Oh SB I love you. Everything will fall into place. You have HOURS in the car to agonize over music. <3 I just had to contact our organist at least 6 weeks in advance to secure her for the ceremony...that's the only reason that already got done!

And the amount of paper is INSANE...you are SO.RIGHT. I can't imagine how many poor trees have met their demise for my wedding.

But holy EFF 10 days! Time flies!!! It seems like just yesterday when Mr. SB finally put a ring on it! And your 'maids and flower girl will LOVE their gifts, I'm sure. Which reminds me. Must.order.clutches.

...Is bridal brain worse than Bar brain? :errrr:

Good luck with all you have left to do, SB. I'm sure it will all be FABULOUS!!!

I have had DRAMA with my MOH, who is also my sister, over the past couple of weeks. It has put me in a foul mood. Other than that, I've just been chugging along with little things here and there. Trying to get the final touches ready for my invites. I have the rehearsal dinner site booked, and I found some awesome fabric this weekend that I will use to cover the antique hat box I bought ages ago that will be my card box.

Time sure does slip away, though, doesn't it???

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so it's happened. I never thought it would but my mum invited someone to our wedding......and then checked that that was ok. :rolleyes:

It's fine, it's her brother who lives overseas and wanted to know when was good to come and visit around April next year and my mum suggested he come for the wedding. I think I've met him twice and the last time I was...10 I think? If that.

Anyway, it was going to be only immediate family and close friends but now my Uncle and his random girlfriend are coming.

...so isn't it pretty super rude now not to invite my other Aunties and Uncles? You know, the ones I actually see at least once a year? But then shouldn't FI invite his aunties and uncles (although none of the would likely come bar one who could afford to if she really wanted as they are all getting on in the years and on the other side of the world), and do you still invite people you know cant come? Because if they did all come they wouldn't all fit in our venue. Is inviting them when they can't make it or can't afford it kind of mean? Or is this the polite thing to do? I don't want them to feel bad about not being able to make it or feel like they have to send us stuff.

So if we added all the aunties and uncles the guest list would be 55.
The venue holds a Max of 45.
Number likely to attend 33, plus 7 maybes equals possibly 40 guests (with 15 of the 55 very unlikely to attend- due to being overseas or not in good health)
We were hoping for 25-35.

I don't know what to do.
What if we invite everyone and then they all RSVP yes and then we have to spend $12,500 on the bigger reception room....which is almost as much as our current total budget.
But on the other hand what if we are very conservative with our guest list and then many people we didn't expect to RSVP no?

Also I don't know how I FEEL about these people being there. I was really looking forward the the vibes of love and familiarity of just people I actually care a lot about and are very close to being there. But then will it feel any different with a couple of extra people?

*spazzes out irrationally for a little bit* :errrr:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Single digit days SB??

I swear, I break out in a minor sweat every time ladies on this thread get closer to their day.

I have less than five weeks now. I'm on my way for my first dress fitting now :errrr:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
4ever

A big do with lots of people will certainly feel completely different from the intimate gathering you wanted.

A few more people won't matter.

What's done is done. I would advise not to invite the rest of your aunts/uncles now. The danger is it will spiral out of control. I have almost 150. Last week I went to a party of 50 and thought "gee, this is a lot of people..."

Argh! Too late now.....

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
4ever, I think you can accept that your random uncle is coming without inviting everyone else. However, even if you do include everyone and invite 55, I would be surprised if you ended up over your 45-person room limit!

As for me...I can now count down to the wedding on ONE HAND!!!!! The last few weeks have been kind of difficult -- my groom kind of freaked out for a bit, which caused a lot of stress and anxiety -- but I'm now with him in Chicago and I really think we're good. So I can stop worrying and focus on the wedding and GETTING MARRIED!!! Yippee!!!

I'm now enjoying the last little things I need to do. It'll be nice to make some of these things happen - get the favors done, make the programs, etc. The vision in my head will come to life! Tomorrow I get to go taste the options for our signature cocktail. :naughty:

And look at the ADORABLE sign my paper guru made for us! I couldn't be more thrilled!

I will say I'm a little irritated with my wedding planner, as the timeline she sent out to all the vendors is RIDDLED with typos. And typos make me absolutely batsh!t crazy. I even fixed all the typos when I sent her back a revised copy (and mentioned to her that I fixed typos - former copy editor). It isn't a huge deal -- the necessary information is all there -- but it just irks me. Come on, do better.

wedding sign.jpg

happybear

Shiny_Rock
Oh, SB, I'm so excited for you!! 5 days or less and counting! ;-)
Stay cool, don't worry about the small stuff. I'm sure everything will turn out perfect in the end! Can't wait to hear your success story about your fabulous wedding ;))

rosetta,
Mine is in 4 weeks time and I'm only going for my fitting next weekend! :-o

4ever,
I totally understand your situation! I had an aunt and uncle who only ask me if they can attend after they had bought their plane tickets. I didn't invite any of my aunt / uncle as I wanted to keep it small (~20 guests) and didn't want to cause any inconvenience (all of them do not stay anywhere near me), but they got word of it and wanted to attend regardless.... Oh well, I'm sure they meant well and just wanted to share my joy, so....

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
SB you gave me goosebumps! A one-hand countdown! I wish you all the best on your big day! ahhh! :appl: :D

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to think on it and talk to my parents about it before deciding what to do now. I'm guessing we'll end up with 4-6 extra people which I guess really doesn't matter too much but it's not really what I imagined. Also one of those people would be my aunties husband who is a total douche and I don't want him there at all, but I can't not invite him if I invite my Auntie.

SB your sign kicks ass! I need a paper guru. I'm up to invitation design number 8 or..9 or something and still not super happy but I sill don't want to spend the money to hire someone.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
OMG SB! SO CLOSE!!!!!!! You're almost a Mrs! (I forgot to ask...are you changing your name?)

Your sign is freakin adorbs, and I am crossing my fingers for the most beautiful Chicago day for you on Sunday!!! After all the SH!T you've gone through with this wedding (speaking of, SUPER sorry about your WP's inability to use revised materials) you deserve the most perfect day imaginable!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!

FutureGirl...sorry to hear about the guest issues. I think talking it over with your mom is a great idea, but I agree with SB...even with inviting 55, I still don't think you'll be over your 45 guest limit for your venue. But I totally understand wanting to keep it as small as possible.

rosetta! You're super close, too! I'm too lazy to check in the BIW thread...when is your wedding???

AFM...32 days! GAH! Where did the time GO!?!? I'm currently bleeding money (all our balances are due sometime in the next month, plus I had to send in 2 months worth of rent since we're out of town for the wedding and honeymoon from June 23-July 9)...but it will be all worth it in the end! The biggest thing that happened to me is that yesterday, one of my bestest bestest friends, who was suppose to be a reader in our wedding, called and told me that he and his girlfriend would be unable to make it to the wedding due to finances. I was (and still am) heartbroken, but at least I have a wonderful girlfriend stepping in to do it, AND I hadn't printed the programs yet. Silver lining, right?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Vc, my wedding date is 2nd July! :errrr:

I finalised my menu today. Going shopping for FI's shirt, studs and bow tie tomorrow.

Now it's the final push:

Fittings

Choosing music and vows

Paying the balances due

Housing incoming family (about 15 of them!)

Pampering (contour wrap tomorrow yay!)

Sending out invites (very late but our save the dates went out months ago)

Chasing guest RSVPs (job for my fab WP)

Pre wedding shoot this Saturday

I have one strict rule: bride must not be stressed about anything from 48 hours before wedding. This is only possible as my WP has scheduled us down to each minute (I swear, it's as precise as the royal wedding) and because I'm turning my phone off 2 days before the wedding.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Carla, just popping in to say CONGRATULATIONS and so excited for you! Wedding is Sat. right? Have an AMAZING time! I expect to see tons of pics on FB and here! :)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
sillyberry|1306295667|2929672 said:
4ever, I think you can accept that your random uncle is coming without inviting everyone else. However, even if you do include everyone and invite 55, I would be surprised if you ended up over your 45-person room limit!

As for me...I can now count down to the wedding on ONE HAND!!!!! The last few weeks have been kind of difficult -- my groom kind of freaked out for a bit, which caused a lot of stress and anxiety -- but I'm now with him in Chicago and I really think we're good. So I can stop worrying and focus on the wedding and GETTING MARRIED!!! Yippee!!!

I'm now enjoying the last little things I need to do. It'll be nice to make some of these things happen - get the favors done, make the programs, etc. The vision in my head will come to life! Tomorrow I get to go taste the options for our signature cocktail. :naughty:

And look at the ADORABLE sign my paper guru made for us! I couldn't be more thrilled!

I will say I'm a little irritated with my wedding planner, as the timeline she sent out to all the vendors is RIDDLED with typos. And typos make me absolutely batsh!t crazy. I even fixed all the typos when I sent her back a revised copy (and mentioned to her that I fixed typos - former copy editor). It isn't a huge deal -- the necessary information is all there -- but it just irks me. Come on, do better.

I am in love with this sign.

and hoping everything goes smoothly for you SB!!!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
BEG, Sunday's the big day! SOOOO excited!!!

Thank you for the well-wished everyone! I swear I would say nice things and post insightful comments, but I have serious bridal brain. Today I forgot to pick my mom up at the airport, left my credit card at a restaurant, and rammed into a concrete pillar in a parking garage.

Epic fail.

I really need this wedding to be happen before I saw off a hand or something! :lol:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
You made me laugh SB: you gotta laugh or you'll cry instead in these situations. It's all the stress I tells ya! :cheeky:

I missed a lunch reservation, dropped my ring down the side of a car seat (took an hour to get it out) had a blazing row with my FI and sustained a corneal abrasion yesterday. :rolleyes:

Much luck and fairy dust to you for Sunday!

SB - lots and lots of dust to you for Sunday (and for between now and then!). Here's to no more mishaps and a stress-free (well, almost) weekend! Cheers!

A

Anonymous

I've been lurking but popping in to officially say good luck and all the fabulous wedding dust to you, SB! Can't wait to hear all about it! Oh, and let someone else drive for a bit. ;-)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
sillyberry|1306474325|2931516 said:
BEG, Sunday's the big day! SOOOO excited!!!

Thank you for the well-wished everyone! I swear I would say nice things and post insightful comments, but I have serious bridal brain. Today I forgot to pick my mom up at the airport, left my credit card at a restaurant, and rammed into a concrete pillar in a parking garage.

Epic fail.

I really need this wedding to be happen before I saw off a hand or something! :lol:

OhEmGee, SB! STEP AWAY FROM THE SAW! (Oh, and the car, apparently!)

I hope the next 48 hours are as stress-free as possible, that last-minute alterations on your dress have produced fantastic results, and that you have the most amazingly wonderful wedding day!

I hope your welcome picnic's food is amazing, that all your little details that you've been fawning over are noticed, appreciated, and add just the perfect touch to not only tomorrow, but all day Sunday.

I hope that your wedding day is full of love, laughter, and sunshine, that your photographer records amazing memories, and that you and Rich are able to sit back, relax, and enjoy the day you become husband and wife.

Best wishes to you, my friend!

xoxo ;-)

4ever

Ideal_Rock
SB- I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, I'm sure everything will go well and you will look stunning! Eeeekkk, Exciting!

Today I sold a gorgeous Aqua and diamond rhr to a girl who is getting married a couple of months ahead of me in a venue just down the road from mine so we had yarns about wedding stuff. When we started talking about dress shopping I kept getting more and more stressed out. I have known for some time I'm not looking forward to dress shopping, but now I'm getting really anxious about it. Dam stupid dress.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
thanks again everyone. :))

vc, you made me cry!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
sillyberry|1306593123|2932399 said:
thanks again everyone. :))

vc, you made me cry!

:D

I am sending my best wishes your way, my dear! I hope you are able to play softball today! And that the rain magically clears for today and tomorrow...but that the clouds stick around...diffused sunlight makes for the most GORGEOUS pictures!!! ;-) I truly hope tomorrow is the most wonderful day of your life!

...and that it only gets better on your super secret mini-moon! :devil:

4ever

Ideal_Rock
We are DIYing all our wedding paper goods (because we are cheap and insane), so this week I've been running around to a bazillion stationary and scrapbooking and craft stores collecting papers etc so I can make up some sample invites and save the dates. Man it is HARD! THIS is why people pay money for people to make invitations etc for them!

Anyway, this more or less what I have now and am wanting to work with. Just waiting for FI to get home so he can help me do some test prints n our printer and then I can assemble a couple to see what works best.

At the moment I'm thinking of printing the invitation in white ink on the brown card and rounding the edges off and maybe stamping some rows of dots in purple ink on the top and bottom of the invite. I want to do a belli band out of something interesting, so this might be the purple dotted paper and the brown corrugated card (or off white textured card) and tie this around a couple of times with the purple hemp and a button. The reply card will be a post card of dark purple ink on one of the textured off white cards (possibly with some nice vintage looking travel stamps in purple in) and there will have to be at least one more card with directions/transportation instructions and accommodation, also with rounded corners.

For the save the dates my friend suggested cutting a tag shape out of the brown card with the text in white and more purple hemp through the hole of the tag and maybe the purple spot paper on the back of the tag. I will have to have a play around with this one. I got some magnetic tape to stick on the back of these so people can stick them to the fridge.

sample invite materials.jpg

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
The skies cleared and the wedding went off beautifully! So wonderful! I'll put up a whole thread when I get pictures back, but here's one picture full of "stupid stuff." My wedding shoes said "I DO" on the bottom, and as a surprise my MOH added crystals to make my reception shoes say "I DID"!

254194_602029800312_2104041_33345086_7200007_n.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
SHUT. THE. FRONT. DOOR.

You looked freaking STUNNING, SB! :love: :love: :love: R is one LUCKY man!

I can not WAIT to see more pictures!!! (Oh, and how super adorbs is your MOH!?!?)

...and at least from this angle, your dress looks PERFECT!!!

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
vc10um|1306798070|2934030 said:
SHUT. THE. FRONT. DOOR.

You looked freaking STUNNING, SB! :love: :love: :love: R is one LUCKY man!

I can not WAIT to see more pictures!!! (Oh, and how super adorbs is your MOH!?!?)

...and at least from this angle, your dress looks PERFECT!!!

:lol: What she said! But seriously, how perfect! I adore your dress!! Congratulations!

Totally classy, SB. You look incredible! And if you were worried about the dress, I hope your worries vanished because it looks fantastic!!!

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Oh SB, you looked so gorgeous! Can't wait for more pictures!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
SB you look amazing! Eagerly awaiting more photos!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results