shape
carat
color
clarity

getting lost in stupid stuff

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Maple!! The dress in real life is lovely, and it was between that one and another one, and I chose the other one. Here are pictures of me in it, hope this gives you real life perspective. I am about a size 10 US.

1017463_10100193628129519_92541355_n.jpg

983974_10100193628244289_363468517_n.jpg

1011197_10100193628194389_1492218576_n.jpg

Stephny691

Shiny_Rock
Sweetpea that dress is STUNNING on you!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Panda, I like that dress on you! You have such a great figure!

WD, Yay! Planning is back on! I am so glad your mom wants to come and you finally have a wedding to plan. Exciting!
As far as invitations, I would definitely do them. I think it helps set the tone for your wedding and it helps people feel more formally invited rather than a phone call, email, or by word of mouth. But that’s just me.

For Save the Dates, it sounds liek your guests are traveling, right? Will they be needing to reserve hotel rooms? If so, I would send a save the date too. Vistaprint.com and shutterfly.com and weddingpaperdivas.com all have great inexpensive options. Heck, I got my 10 save the dates from shutterfly during a '10 free card' sale.

I would say a cake isn’t necessary but it might be nice to have some type of desert.

I love Key West. We almost eloped there.

So happy for you! Keep us posted on your planning!

I love all the lace on all the dresses- so pretty!

My invitations have been ordered! And I love them. Phew! Finally over my ‘wedding-planning-isc-stressful-I-need-a-break’ hiatus.

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Sweetpea - I love it!!! Such a pretty lace dress!!! Thank you for sharing! I am super excited to go see them myself in person now. :bigsmile:

sandra063

Rough_Rock
I picked up my wedding dress yesterday. It is so huge! I still love it but WOW is it a ballgown. I spent most of last night researching how to go to the bathroom in a wedding dress. LOL. I'm so grateful for the internet.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh, I still need too order my invites

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
sandra063|1391303421|3606082 said:
I spent most of last night researching how to go to the bathroom in a wedding dress. LOL. I'm so grateful for the internet.
Haha apparently mermaids are the worst in that aspect! Ballgowns seem to be mostly a two person job as well. :)
Congrats on picking up the dress!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
recordaras|1391450575|3607040 said:
I spent most of last night researching how to go to the bathroom in a wedding dress. LOL. I'm so grateful for the internet.
Haha apparently mermaids are the worst in that aspect! Ballgowns seem to be mostly a two person job as well. :)
Congrats on picking up the dress!

Mine is a trumpet... I am going to need to start researching... :-o

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
So I did something crazy today. Yes I should be spending all my cash on the wedding.... BUT, it was my birthday recently and I got a pretty hefty raise at work a few days ago ( :appl: ) so I decided to treat myself and finally got myself the pendant from Blue Nile I had been wanting. I DO plan on wearing this simply pendant on my wedding day... and then pass it onto my future offspring one day. Can I justify it that way? :shock:

So here it is. .8 carat J Color VS2, Medium Blue Flour and if it's cloudy I plan to return it pretty quickly: http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-search?pt=setform&track=NavDiaSeaRD#diamonds_pid=LD04080985

Here's the setting I got it with: http://www.bluenile.com/bezel-solitiare-14k-white-gold-pendant_20491

It gets delivered on February 17th!!! :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Totally justifiable maple!!! Love solitaire pendants. Can't wait to see it!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I love that pendent setting. I mean you are going to wear it on your wedding day. Of course its justifiable!

Be sure and post pictures when it arrives! :bigsmile:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I'm sure it will be beautiful!!! wonderful choice for your wedding day! :appl: :appl:

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks antiquesparkler, KW is awesome! The porblem is, because it's not so far away, a lot of our planning is contingent on going there and checking things out before booking.
Happy belated birthday Maple! That's perfectly justifiable!
I bought an amazing hardstone cameo ring and my purchase isn't even remotely justifiable. All of our money is going towards my finishing school and the wedding... :-o But it's so awesome and rare that I just had to!

In completely justifiable purchases & progress, we bought my wedding band!!! Super thin, full eternity, doesn't compete w/ my e-ring at all. There was one band that I totally loved with baguettes, but he didn't like how it looked (he was pickier than I was!) It was a compromise ring. I'll get something more "substantial" eventually, but this will simply be symbolic for the wedding, and worn as a simple band on less blingy days.

Oh, and we picked an officiant! I couldn't let this weekend go by without at least ONE wedding-related booking. I'm going to make a list of 3 top photographers and we'll pick like that.

How involved is your FI in planning? I don't want to make any decisions without FI and we've declared Saturdays as "Wedding-Talk" day, so I don't attack him with wedding stuff all the time, how is it with your FIs?

img_3658.jpg

img_0943.jpg

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Love your wedding band, WD!

I had a successful wedding planning weekend:

We ordered my wedding band.
I chose my hair accessories and ordered those.
I decided I wasnt in love with my earrings (I had them from a previous special occasion) so I ordered new ones and I am oh-so-happy I did. :love:
I bought the stamps we will use for menu options on our place cards on Etsy... (a cow, a chicken, and fish)
We bought the rest of the paper we need to print our response cards, accomodations cards, and place cards (the craft store had a paper sale) :appl:
Purchased our mason jar candle holders and successfully wrapped them in sparkly ivory lace- so happy with how they turned out.

Feeling pretty good. Just hoping to get most of this stuff down before the weather gets nice again. I would really love to enjoy my summer and not stress. :))

Less than 7 months and counting. 207 days to be exact.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
antiquesparkler|1392055958|3611969 said:
Love your wedding band, WD!

I had a successful wedding planning weekend:

We ordered my wedding band.
I chose my hair accessories and ordered those.
I decided I wasnt in love with my earrings (I had them from a previous special occasion) so I ordered new ones and I am oh-so-happy I did. :love:
I bought the stamps we will use for menu options on our place cards on Etsy... (a cow, a chicken, and fish)
We bought the rest of the paper we need to print our response cards, accomodations cards, and place cards (the craft store had a paper sale) :appl:
Purchased our mason jar candle holders and successfully wrapped them in sparkly ivory lace- so happy with how they turned out.

Feeling pretty good. Just hoping to get most of this stuff down before the weather gets nice again. I would really love to enjoy my summer and not stress. :))

Less than 7 months and counting. 207 days to be exact.

wow- you had a very productive weekend, antiquesparkler!! Do you mind showing me a picture of your mason jars? I bought a couple of the blue ones and thought I might wrap some ribbon/fabric and lace around them. Did you use glue? If so, what type? Did you glue to the glass or just wrap the lace tight and glue lace to lace?

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Sure I would be glad to share pictures. I will take some pics of them (and the glue I used!) when I get home tonight! :bigsmile:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
antiquesparkler|1392065912|3612112 said:
Sure I would be glad to share pictures. I will take some pics of them (and the glue I used!) when I get home tonight! :bigsmile:

thanks!!!! Looking forward to your photos!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some pics! :))

I used Aleene's clear gel tacky glue. http://www.amazon.com/Aleenes-Clear...=1392090558&sr=1-3&keywords=aleens+tacky+glue

It worked really well actually. I glued one end and then let that dry for 15-20 minutes and then wrapped the lace, measured it, cut, and glued the other side. I was really worried but the seams turned out okay and the glue dried very clear.

photo_1_56.jpg

While lit... with our table runner fabric.

photo_3_45.jpg

The seam.

photo_2_52.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
that looks awesome, antiquesparkler!! You did a great job! Thanks for the Aleene glue tip- I have several of her glues, but not sure I have that particular one.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!

As another idea for you...

I was really close to making this wire and pearl garland and wrapping them around the jars (ignore the twine). I still might for a couple of the jars that we will put flowers in.

If you are crafty, I think it would be a fairly easy DIY.

candles.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
I picked up my wedding dress yesterday. It is so huge! I still love it but WOW is it a ballgown. I spent most of last night researching how to go to the bathroom in a wedding dress. LOL. I'm so grateful for the internet.

Too funny! I haven't gone shopping for a dress yet, but I was always curious about that too and after Googling, i found "the trash bag method". Not sure if this would work as well with a ballgown, but it is a clever trick! http://offbeatbride.com/2013/08/how-to-pee#.UvuML_ldVHU

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
vip0802 said:

Too funny! I haven't gone shopping for a dress yet, but I was always curious about that too and after Googling, i found "the trash bag method". Not sure if this would work as well with a ballgown, but it is a clever trick! http://offbeatbride.com/2013/08/how-to-pee#.UvuML_ldVHU

AWESOME

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
I love the trash bag trick! Hah!!! Just pinned it on my Pinterest! :bigsmile:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Bridal meltdown happening over here. My invites came... in SALMON PINK instead of my pretty blush pink wedding colors. Emailing the company now... cross your fingers for me. :((

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
antiquesparkler said:
Bridal meltdown happening over here. My invites came... in SALMON PINK instead of my pretty blush pink wedding colors. Emailing the company now... cross your fingers for me. :((

Nooooooo!!! I'd freak out too.

We ended up designing ours and going with a local printer. The pretty italic font I love is called Adios font - so I got that, typed up the rest in serif font, and bought our paper from paper source. It's coming out to about 1/3 of the cost of online!

Printing front and back, and envelopes.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies! Still no time to catch up (damn you last semester of nursing school!) but i just wanted to stop in and say hello!! :):)

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy said:
Hi ladies! Still no time to catch up (damn you last semester of nursing school!) but i just wanted to stop in and say hello!! :):)

Hiiiii! :)

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Just when I had Key West all figured out, our minds have changed.... AGAIN. It's a change to make our lives easier and the lives of all invited. For those unfamiliar with Key West, it's a 3.5 hour drive from Miami. It's a trek and considering over 50% of invitees are coming from OOT, making them trek even further just seemed unreasonable. Well, that's my justification for it anyway! So we're getting married HERE in Miami instead. Same small amount of people, but now NOTHING completed. I feel like a total jerk that now the one person we decided on-- the officiant--- I have to break the news to and start looking for someone else.

The good news is that since it's all right here, doing research will be much easier. Also, FI is super connected and we have an immeasurable network that we can tap into.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Updates! I feel like I am finally getting things accomplished!

Here is my list!

~*My List*~
Securing officiant- Done!
Booking cabins- Done!
Found the venue for our reception/dinner and tasted the food- Done!
Finding THE dress- Done!
Buying T a suit and tie- Done!
Buying lanterns for the ceremony- Done!
Settled on color scheme- Done! (Pink and Gold, with a touch of black and ivory)
Venue for our reception/dinner booked! Done!
Reserve rental chairs- Done!
SO’s wedding band- Done!
Wedding website updated for now- Done!
Wedding earrings- Done!
Ordered flower girl dress- Done!
Order and send Save the Dates- SENT!
Signing the photography contract/ sending down payment- Done!
Bought mine and my daughter's bracelets (matching! )
Ordered wine charms (rather than expensive toasting flutes)- Arrived!
Ordered Cake topper/ cupcake toppers- Done!
Tasted our wedding cupcakes

In Progress~
Found a salon! Just need to make an appointment around the 6 month mark.
Invites! Received the first set in the wrong color- thankfully she is redoing them.
Working on Ceremony and wedding day timelines
Joined the gym and working on my fitness.
Ordered wedding ring- waiting for it to arrive
Ordered wedding day earrings- waiting for them to arrive
Purchased hair accessories- waiting for them to arrive

Next up~
Save $$$
Work on ordaining our good friend and sending that info to the county.
Working on the menu and sending down payment to reception venue
Start looking at honeymoon options
Relax and enjoy this!!

Today we have been engaged for 6 months and its 3 years from our first date! I dont know how that happened. Time has been flying. :love: :appl:

Scary part is our wedding is in less than 7 months... eeeps! So exciting. We are doing dinner tonight to celebrate. :bigsmile:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
We received my wedding ring today. I love it by itself but I am having a hard time with them as a set. I think they have the same "antique-y feel" but do you think they could go together as a wedding set? Opinions please.

The pictures aren't great- good ol' iPhone quality. Sorry. :))

photo_4__1__0.jpg

photo_3__1__5.jpg

photo_2__1__7.jpg

photo_1__2__5.jpg

Oh, and pardon the dry hands. Stupid winter.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results