shape
carat
color
clarity

getting lost in stupid stuff

audball

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad he's feeling better! I'm sorry the whole debacle has been such a mess! How stressful! :nono:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! CONGRATULATIONS TP!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Sounds like a wonderful day! SO glad DH is feeling better. Yuck for that insurance stuff! :nono:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
His ring fits great!

Also got the new ketubah delivered just now and it looks perfect! No wrinkles, tears, or other problems :appl:

Rooms at winery confirmed.

Goody baskets confirmed.

Dinner changes confirmed.

Need to:

Add desserts
try to track down the cake lady -- I'd like either a refund or confirmation that the cake will be there
(plus the last few "to do" stuff from the other list)

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1381453825|3535603 said:
His ring fits great!

Also got the new ketubah delivered just now and it looks perfect! No wrinkles, tears, or other problems :appl:

Goody baskets confirmed.

Need to:
Add desserts
try to track down the cake lady -- I'd like either a refund or confirmation that the cake will be there
Woot! We need pics missy! Or shall I say, MRS.!? :))

ETA: Just one week until your religious ceremony!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1381459754|3535664 said:
TooPatient|1381453825|3535603 said:
His ring fits great!

Goody baskets confirmed.

Need to:
Add desserts
Woot! We need pics missy! Or shall I say, MRS.!? :))

ETA: Just one week until your religious ceremony!

I need pics!
The lady who took them is going to e-mail. I'm still waiting ;(

Only one week! :appl:

We aren't wearing our rings and only a small handful know we signed the legal papers. Not hiding, but not announcing either.
I want to wear my ring!!!!!

Interesting thing is that I figured after all of what we've been through and the religious ceremony next week (which is the important one to us) that I really wouldn't feel much excitement over the legal paper part. Okay... I was wrong!
I was super excited to be signing and very happy after! Hoping to be at least as excited next week!
I'M MARRIED!!!!! :bigsmile:

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1381460709|3535673 said:
I need pics!
The lady who took them is going to e-mail. I'm still waiting ;(

Only one week! :appl:

We aren't wearing our rings and only a small handful know we signed the legal papers. Not hiding, but not announcing either.
I want to wear my ring!!!!!

Interesting thing is that I figured after all of what we've been through and the religious ceremony next week (which is the important one to us) that I really wouldn't feel much excitement over the legal paper part. Okay... I was wrong!
I was super excited to be signing and very happy after! Hoping to be at least as excited next week!
I'M MARRIED!!!!! :bigsmile:
Eek! Can't wait to see! Only 6 more days until you get to wear the rings! Your excitement is contagious!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had a substitute in yoga today. We were talking for a couple of minutes after class. I mentioned that I may have need for a yoga instructor to do short personal sections with DH and I to help get him better. She thinks it would be beneficial to him and would help me slim down... " :-o ... not that you aren't already pretty how you are. I mean... um.. you look just fine..." I finally rescued her from her trying to reassure me by letting her know that I am wanting to lose weight and get more toned. :rolleyes:

I find it mostly funny.

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1381510497|3535913 said:
Had a substitute in yoga today. We were talking for a couple of minutes after class. I mentioned that I may have need for a yoga instructor to do short personal sections with DH and I to help get him better. She thinks it would be beneficial to him and would help me slim down... " :-o ... not that you aren't already pretty how you are. I mean... um.. you look just fine..." I finally rescued her from her trying to reassure me by letting her know that I am wanting to lose weight and get more toned. :rolleyes:

I find it mostly funny.
So rude. I'm so sorry! Some people have no manners.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
TooPatient said:
I'm MARRIED!

Still doing ketubah with Rabbi 10/17. Still doing dinner/breakfast/wine at the winery. All plans (as modified already) still happening.

But we did the civil paperwork at 7:30 this morning. The judge was super nice with a great sense of humor. Our witnesses showed up with 12 hours (or less) warning. Had three even though we only needed two. One even brought a camera and took pictures!

HOLY POOP!!!! CONGRATS LADY!!!! I cant wait for you to post some pics! I am happy you still get to have the religious ceremony too! I bet that you will have the religious part feel even MORE special than the legal stuff because it seems as though religion is a big part of both of your lives! AHHH so exciting!!!!! How did A take it? Was she in the loop??

antiquesparkler|1381342287|3534830 said:
LLC, when is your date? You have so much done! Lucky!

The candlelight dinner sounds amazing. Has your FI ever gotten a massage before? When I had my first massage, I didn't drink enough water and I ended up with a fever... Not trying to scare you. I think you just have to drink a massive amount of water afterwards to replenish your muscles. Just wouldnt want that to happen on the day of.

I think I might book my FI an appointment to do a facial and a shave before the wedding... now that I am thinking about it, he might much rather have a fishing excursion instead. lol. ;))

I also wear BareMinerals and love it! My favorite thing about it is you can build up the coverage depending on your skin. Some days I need to just even things out a little so I just quick throw it on and other days I use the concealer brush and I can really conceal blemishes. Plus it really looks natural.

I am thinking about going and sitting down with a travel agent and seeing what sort of prices they could get us for the two places we are considering and then go from there.

We talked to FI's parents last weekend and they werent thrilled with the idea but supportive for the most part. I think we just need to get the ball rolling and start making some decisions.

Engagement pics this Sunday! As of right now, they weather looks great! Fingers crossed!

Wow, this is all over the place. hahaha!

TP, so soon!!! I am so excited for you! :appl:

Haha, well considering im not TECHNICALLY engaged - yes...i have a ton done! The date is 7/28/14 (our 3 year dating anniversary). We didnt have much time to choose, and i figured this would be late enough so that i have hopefully sat for my boards prior to the wedding. I had the goal of getting everything done before sept just because i'm in school (my last 2 semesters! :appl: ) and we wanted to book it next summer prior to me going back to school (furthering my education haha).

He LOVES massages. He esp loves deep tissue sports ones. So it def wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities. HE might just want to go scuba diving in the AM, so maybe i shouldn't book him anything. Also we already have a credit for a 50 minute couples massage :naughty: . A facial sounds/shave sounds so nice haha. Nothing like that baby soft skin on the wedding day!

Yes, sit with a travel agent. It's good to bring your own ideas and also be open to what they come up with. We booked ours in May, and we have until June 1, 2014 to pay the balance. This allowed us to splurge and book amenities we wouldn't be able to afford to pay on the spot!

I hope you have fun with your engagement pics and have great weather! :praise:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Couple of quick pics!

Have to run! Back tomorrow!

First pic is DH signing the decorative certificate. The judge was saying he'd done it all wrong and was confirming with me that I wanted to marry DH and not some random person. (awesome judge!)

Second is us with the three people who came to witness. The lady even thought to bring a camera for pics! This is the least smiling picture of the bunch -- our comedian judge was focused on taking the picture and not telling jokes :lol:

dsc08530.jpg

dsc08536.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay... Still using the mini-list as my "DONE" list has just gotten too huge to post each time!

Added an item to the list -- after talking about it, we've decided it is worth a bit of $$$ to take the dogs to the doggie hotel for Thurs/Fri nights so that the neighbor only has to check on cats Thurs and "A" only has to worry about cats on Fri. Dealing with both dogs PLUS four cats is a bit much and our 70 pound dog doesn't listen to anyone but me. They'll enjoy a couple of nights of pampering. I've got them both down for treats each day, shared suite (raised cots, tv, etc), and baths. The older will get one-on-one play time with one of the staff. The younger will get an all day doggie-play-group.

Done in the last couple of days:
dress for "A"

In process:
nails (1st place no good... trying 2nd place soon!)
confirm cake with 2nd lady & figure out new decorations (hoping to cancel -- no website functional, left message on phone...)
Dog-hotel reservations (request sent, waiting for confirmation)

To do:
hair
frame to hang ketubah
figure out new timing of nails & hair in relation to new ceremony time
Thank you cards

audball

Ideal_Rock
YAY for some pictures! You look so happy.

Your in process/to do list are so teeny! I can't believe your big day is on Thursday! So soon!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Had my bridal shower yesterday! It was small and so nice. More food than anybody could actually eat. It was at my FMIL's house and her and my best friend co-hosted. Small guest list, 15 total including me and final guest count was 11 including me. We got some really nice gifts! We feel so loved and appreciated! We're going to have to go get some thank you notes and get to writing!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1381676377|3536906 said:
Had my bridal shower yesterday! It was small and so nice. More food than anybody could actually eat. It was at my FMIL's house and her and my best friend co-hosted. Small guest list, 15 total including me and final guest count was 11 including me. We got some really nice gifts! We feel so loved and appreciated! We're going to have to go get some thank you notes and get to writing!

Yay!

It sounds like a wonderful day! Good food and great people :appl:

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1381677126|3536922 said:
Yay!

It really was!

ETA: I also took all of our stuff and set it up in my FMIL's guest room for everyone to see. I took my dress, shoes, accessories, FI's stuff, etc and everyone loved getting to see all of our plans!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1381677362|3536926 said:
TooPatient|1381677126|3536922 said:
Yay!

It really was!

ETA: I also took all of our stuff and set it up in my FMIL's guest room for everyone to see. I took my dress, shoes, accessories, FI's stuff, etc and everyone loved getting to see all of our plans!

Great idea!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TP! Eek your wedding is coming up so soon!!! How are you feeling?

Audball - I was just going to ask you about your bridal shower. I'm glad you got such a loving FMIL and friend to throw that for you! ::) You *did* get some really nice gifts!

------

Personal update: had my first planning meeting last night with my planner slash best friend. I gave her a list of about 20 venues I'm having her contact for the logistics and she and her cousin are going to do all the planning and hard work for up until the wedding. On the days-of, they're hiring another person to coordinate while they attend as guests.

Her feedback to me is that our budget might be too small for what we need. Southern CA is more expensive than I imagined. Her typical clients have weddings for about 150 people, and spend about $50K. I'm trying to spend less than that for TWO weddings, for 50 people, then 250 people. Barf. I found some more affordable venue options, but the food restrictions that FI's family has is probably going to make or break those venue choices ;( Le sigh. I'm trying to not fall in love with any of the options since that would create some issues if it doesn't work out… but I've fallen in love with this one venue that is about 15-20 minutes away from my grandparent's house. It's just stunning. However, it's outdoors and my date has a 20% chance of precipitation at any time of the day. BFF has gotta figure that one out.

Next Friday, FI and I are going to go check out two restaurants for our small engagement dinner party with the two families. They're very close to my house (less than 5 minutes away), and not very "nice" looking places… but Chinese restaurant and nice are usually not descriptors used together :lol: One's a seafood restaurant and one's a vegetarian restaurant. The problem is *always* with FMIL and her dietary pickiness/religious restrictions.

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1381701486|3537158 said:
Audball - I was just going to ask you about your bridal shower. I'm glad you got such a loving FMIL and friend to throw that for you! ::) You *did* get some really nice gifts!
Thanks! Everyone was so wonderful and generous! We had a lot of fun and I'm happy I kept it family only + just a handful of close friends.

madelise|1381701486|3537158 said:
Personal update: had my first planning meeting last night with my planner slash best friend. I gave her a list of about 20 venues I'm having her contact for the logistics and she and her cousin are going to do all the planning and hard work for up until the wedding. On the days-of, they're hiring another person to coordinate while they attend as guests.

Her feedback to me is that our budget might be too small for what we need. Southern CA is more expensive than I imagined. Her typical clients have weddings for about 150 people, and spend about $50K. I'm trying to spend less than that for TWO weddings, for 50 people, then 250 people. Barf. I found some more affordable venue options, but the food restrictions that FI's family has is probably going to make or break those venue choices ;( Le sigh. I'm trying to not fall in love with any of the options since that would create some issues if it doesn't work out… but I've fallen in love with this one venue that is about 15-20 minutes away from my grandparent's house. It's just stunning. However, it's outdoors and my date has a 20% chance of precipitation at any time of the day. BFF has gotta figure that one out.

Next Friday, FI and I are going to go check out two restaurants for our small engagement dinner party with the two families. They're very close to my house (less than 5 minutes away), and not very "nice" looking places… but Chinese restaurant and nice are usually not descriptors used together :lol: One's a seafood restaurant and one's a vegetarian restaurant. The problem is *always* with FMIL and her dietary pickiness/religious restrictions.
I'm SO glad you got yourself a planner! I think that will seriously help your stress with both the planning against your studies as well as dealing with your FMIL! Budgets suck -- but it's better to know now whether or not your expectations/budget are realistic so that you can either up the budget and plan for it OR figure out what you can really go without to get it back under control. I'm so excited to see how all of your plans unfold for your big day!

audball

Ideal_Rock
This weekend I also got my wedding earrings worked out. My sister brought her pearl studs and my great grandmother's diamond studs (given to her by our grandmother for her college graduation) for me to look at. Her pearl studs were not a good match for my pearl necklace strand so I took the diamond studs. There were so dirty they looked like they could very well be cut glass. My sister has had them since 2007 or 2008 and has never cleaned them (though she's also rarely worn them), but still.

I got them home and got them in a bath and let them soak. Scrub, rinse, repeat. After two soaks, I got all the crud off and they sparkled! I also got the calipers out and measured them, larger than my engagement ring stone! One is 6.07mm and one is 6.08mm. They're definitely not PS quality cut, but I get hints of some arrows. I know no other stats on them other than the diameter that I measured myself.

I wish I'd gotten them! My sister definitely does not appreciate them. A few shots!

dscn0221.jpg

dscn0222.jpg

dscn0225.jpg

dscn0232.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
Updates! Earrings, check! Dress pick up is on 10/22. Marriage license will be acquired on 10/29. We're pretty much officially done planning! Woohoo! Wedding is two weeks from Wednesday! HOLY CRAP, where has the time gone?!

DONE:
His wedding band
Her wedding band
Her dress
His suit/shirt/tie
Booked hair/makeup for day of
Booked elopement package
Booked additional nights stay
Selected officiant
Selected cake style/flavors
Purchased cake topper supplies
Booked dinner reservations for wedding dinner
Booked photographer
Ordered flower selections
Wrote personal vows
Finalized ceremony script and got it approved by the officiant
Scheduled engagement pictures
Purchased new point and shoot camera for trip
Purchased garment bags to transport wedding outfits
Purchased outfits for engagement pictures
Purchased clutch
Purchased stationary (small cards/envelopes) to write vows on for ceremony and to have as a keepsake
Purchased fun socks for Groom
Purchased bridal hair accessory
Purchased undergarments for dress
Made spa appointments for pre-wedding beautification!
Assembled vows/stationary
Assembled/finished cake topper
Restrung pearls finished picked up
Purchased bridal shoes
Borrowed wedding earrings

IN PROGRESS:
Get dress altered

TO DO:
MARRIAGE LICENSE

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
audball said:
Updates! Earrings, check! Dress pick up is on 10/22. Marriage license will be acquired on 10/29. We're pretty much officially done planning! Woohoo! Wedding is two weeks from Wednesday! HOLY CRAP, where has the time gone?!

DONE:
His wedding band
Her wedding band
Her dress
His suit/shirt/tie
Booked hair/makeup for day of
Booked elopement package
Booked additional nights stay
Selected officiant
Selected cake style/flavors
Purchased cake topper supplies
Booked dinner reservations for wedding dinner
Booked photographer
Ordered flower selections
Wrote personal vows
Finalized ceremony script and got it approved by the officiant
Scheduled engagement pictures
Purchased new point and shoot camera for trip
Purchased garment bags to transport wedding outfits
Purchased outfits for engagement pictures
Purchased clutch
Purchased stationary (small cards/envelopes) to write vows on for ceremony and to have as a keepsake
Purchased fun socks for Groom
Purchased bridal hair accessory
Purchased undergarments for dress
Made spa appointments for pre-wedding beautification!
Assembled vows/stationary
Assembled/finished cake topper
Restrung pearls finished picked up
Purchased bridal shoes
Borrowed wedding earrings

IN PROGRESS:
Get dress altered

TO DO:
MARRIAGE LICENSE

Yaaaaaay!!! So exciting!!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Congrats TP on being officially married!!! Now on to the real thing ;)) it's so close!

Holy moly look at you killing that to do list audball!!!! How does that work with the government shut down, getting your marriage licenses?? I was at a wedding this weekend and the groom was talking about how his new wife can't change her last name yet because the offices aren't open. Is it a different division really? (I admit I know pretty much nothing about this shut down oops). Otherwise, those studs look great on you, I'm glad you got a nice something old and finally got some earrings that will be just perfect.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful earrings!

You've got pretty much everything done :appl: :appl: :appl:
Two weeks left to relax and pamper yourself!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1381719343|3537266 said:
Congrats TP on being officially married!!! Now on to the real thing ;)) it's so close!

Holy moly look at you killing that to do list audball!!!! How does that work with the government shut down, getting your marriage licenses?? I was at a wedding this weekend and the groom was talking about how his new wife can't change her last name yet because the offices aren't open. Is it a different division really? (I admit I know pretty much nothing about this shut down oops). Otherwise, those studs look great on you, I'm glad you got a nice something old and finally got some earrings that will be just perfect.

Thanks!
Just a few days to go!

We had no problem getting our license. It was through the county courthouse and everything seemed to be functioning normally. I guess any office located in a federal building could be shut down?
We aren't changing our names until after DH's insurance/disability stuff is sorted out. Will let you all know how that goes when we get there!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're beautiful, Aud! It's so nice to have a part of your grandmother with you on your big day!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aud -- Looking at your LONG list of stuff you've gotten done, I got curious and compiled all of the "to do" lists from my previous posts.... :-o --- and this is after I deleted a bunch of no-longer-needed "to do" stuff in the last couple of weeks!

This week:
Mon -- study for exam & go to mikvah
Tues -- exam, pick up tux, pick up ketubah frame
Weds -- nails, pick up dress, rings in for polish, pick up flowers, pack
Thurs -- drop off dogs, hair, makeup, signing, drive to winery, dinner
Fri -- breakfast, hair/makeup, wine tasting, dress, pictures

Done:
STD's mailed
his w-band bought
venue selected/booked
wine tasting arranged
cake
invitations
figure out who is sharing room with "A"
who to drive "A" over on the day of
Place in our house for TWO guests to stay (not a couple so need two locations)
My necklace (sapphire & diamond)
my w-band
new kippah for FI
kippah for "A"
DRESS
order kosher wine for blessings
plane ticket for out of town guest
gift registry
Staying Friday night too!
KETUBAH!!!
photographer
engagement photos -- taken!
someone to watch animals for at least 2 nights
find a glass to break
toasting glasses
special Kiddush cup
schedule mikvah visit for me
chuppah
new tallit for FI
translate Hebrew sections to English to print for guests (leaving this to FI)
rental car of OOT guests
underwear to go with dress
outfits to wear for e-pics!
veil (hanging with my dress now!)
shoes
flowers
dinner menu
kippot (plural of kippah) for guests
brunch menu (so close!)
pre-wedding counseling with Rabbi
NEW date and time for ceremony set
dress fittings
marriage license
call all guests to notify of change/cancel
confirm changes with winery regarding guest count and timing
change menu
figure out what to wear for dinner
GET A NEW KETUBAH!
Called both CA guests and postponed visits.
Called witness and confirmed.
Called lady we aren't using for the cake and was glad we didn't choose her -- she is apparently out of business.
FI haircut
Confirm changes with photographer.
cancel car rental
wine pairings
his tux
change hotel reservations (now going over Thurs instead of Wed)
cancel extra hotel rooms
figure out what to wear for ceremony
Confirm with my brother.
Talk to aunt to see if she thinks grandparents will still attend.
cancel airplane tickets (got travel credit)
change hotel reservations (now going over Thurs instead of Wed)
cancel extra hotel rooms
his tux
figure out new timing of nails & hair in relation to new ceremony time

In process:
confirm cake with 2nd lady & figure out new decorations (hoping to cancel -- no website functional, left message on phone...)
Add dessert course to dinner
Dog hotel reservations

To do:
hair
frame to hang ketubah
Thank you cards

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
E-mailed winery about dessert.

Plan is to add dessert to dinner. If no cake shows up, fine. If it does we'll keep it for Friday and cut with photographer.

Dessert -- requested something fruity. Maybe poached pears or an apple dessert. Pretty much up to chef. I'm thrilled with whatever he creates.

audball

Ideal_Rock
pandabee|1381719343|3537266 said:
Thanks!! Getting the marriage license is no problem because that is done at the county level in each state. The problem comes with changing your name legally because the first step in doing that is to get it changed at the social security office which is federal level and closed with the government shutdown. I'm hoping they figure it out soon because I wanted to get on the paperwork for my name change right away! My sister got married on 9/14 and she still hasn't been able to get her name change process started.

Thanks for the earrings compliment! They're actually going to be my something borrowed, they also happen to be old. My younger sister also borrowed them from my older sister for her wedding so that's kind of a nice thing to share!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1381719397|3537267 said:
Beautiful earrings!

You've got pretty much everything done :appl: :appl: :appl:
Two weeks left to relax and pamper yourself!
Thanks!! I'm SO SO SO SO ready! And YOU!! Only 3 days to go!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1381721052|3537283 said:
Aud -- Looking at your LONG list of stuff you've gotten done, I got curious and compiled all of the "to do" lists from my previous posts.... :-o --- and this is after I deleted a bunch of no-longer-needed "to do" stuff in the last couple of weeks!

This week:
Mon -- study for exam & go to mikvah
Tues -- exam, pick up tux, pick up ketubah frame
Weds -- nails, pick up dress, rings in for polish, pick up flowers, pack
Thurs -- drop off dogs, hair, makeup, signing, drive to winery, dinner
Fri -- breakfast, hair/makeup, wine tasting, dress, pictures

In process:
Add dessert course to dinner
Dog hotel reservations

To do:
hair
frame to hang ketubah
Thank you cards
WOW! That was long! I'm sure mine has evolved and changed too! Just goes to show how things change throughout the planning process! I'm so ready for this part to be over and be on to the married bliss part! You reminded me, though, I need to add thank you cards to my to-do list! ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results