shape
carat
color
clarity

getting lost in stupid stuff

audball

Ideal_Rock
FI's wedding band came yesterday! He loves it. We have to exchange it for a half size smaller because it was definitely too loose, but it's a keeper!

Tungsten with a brushed finish in 6mm. In the photo is a size 10, exchanging for a 9.5

1005599_10101947494716821_956467831_n.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exciting! Love the ring!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks TP! Excitedly waiting the arrival of mine tomorrow! I hope it's perfect!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Invitations are all out! Dropped the ones for my family members off Friday since I was stopping anyway. The rest went to the post office today. Would have been out Thursday but I had to take home to add second stamp. The wax seal made them too heavy. Glad I asked and didn't just drop in a box!

I think I've decided on my band! Won't even begin to match FI's, but I think it is what I really want. Just a basic 2mm white gold band.

Will try to remember to post pictures of stuff this week. Got some of the invites and need to take of his band.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Way to go! Pics pics pics!!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pictures of the invites!!!

stuffed_invite.jpg

invite_enclosures.jpg

sealed_invite_and_envelope.jpg

invite_seal.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
Nice! I love the wax seal!

audball

Ideal_Rock
My wedding ring came today!

p7160017.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!
I love your rings!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thank you TP!!

Your invitations came out great! What other updates do you have? Our days are coming SOON!

I have two pairs of shoes coming tomorrow. I'm hoping one of them works with my dress. We also ordered a suit for A that will be here Friday. Really hoping he loves it because shopping for him has been frustrating and I know he's totally over it but has been a total trooper.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
His bands!

He chose a yellow gold with hammered finish but polished edges. It came with a 2nd band free so that he can wear it when doing dirty work that could damage the other.

_7983.jpg

his_working_band.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ketubah selected. Just have to confirm wording with Rabbi before ordering!

ketubah.gif

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My "done" list is growing, but still so much to do! Both photographers still available and I'm hoping to get a good discount as it is mid week and they still aren't booked this close.
Planning to look at dresses with "A" on Friday and then do my actual shopping in a couple of weeks.

Done:
STD's mailed
his w-band bought
venue selected/booked
wine tasting arranged
cake
invitations
figure out who is sharing room with "A"
who to drive "A" over on the day of
Place in our house for TWO guests to stay (not a couple so need two locations)
My necklace (sapphire & diamond)

In process:
photographer (two promising possibilities found, must meet in person and make final choice)
DJ (have contract, just have to finalize)
music selection
flowers (verging on done)
dinner menu
brunch menu
my w-band (just have to place order)
KETUBAH!!! (Need this ASAP!!! -- artist has to have time to make!)
chuppah

To do:
(EVERYTHING!!!!)
DRESS
hair
nails
shoes
his tux
dress for "A" (waiting for September since she's growing fast!)
plane ticket for out of town guest
Are we staying Friday night too??? (added cost of about $1,000...)
someone to watch animals for at least 2 nights
frame to hang ketubah
order kosher wine for blessings
order kosher meals for Rabbi???
find a glass to break
toasting glasses
special Kiddush cup
new kippah for FI
kippot (plural of kippah) for guests
ceremony programs
translate Hebrew sections to English to print for guests (leaving this to FI)
book of blessings for dinner
guest book?
schedule mikvah visit for me
marriage license
practice 1st dance (would like to have practiced with our instructor for 1st and last dances)
centerpiece materials

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh -- and plenty busy with those "OMG I'm pregnant! NOOOOooo! Not before the wedding!" dreams.

Doesn't help that I've got a bad sinus infection and am taking 1000mg/day of a strong antibiotic (for at least another few weeks). It leaves me a bit dizzy and pretty nauseous most of the day. I feel hungry all the time and am eating lots of little meals/snacks to keep from feeling as sick.
Plus AF was supposed to be here Sunday. Almost always starts then but had one time where it waited until Thursday. I did have a bit of very light bleeding a couple of weeks ago so maybe that has tossed me off?

(I am on bc so the probability is super small. I know this rationally but I still hate the dreams!)

Gah!
Anyway, I don't look down on those who had kids before getting married -- to each their own choices! -- but I really don't want to be visibly pregnant in my wedding photos!

audball

Ideal_Rock
I like the rings! I tried to get Andrew to like something more than plain (miligrain, beveled edges...something!), but he just wanted gray and plain so brushed tungsten it was! Cool that he gets two! We've already talked about getting upgraded bands for maybe our 5th anniversary? There's a pricey mokume band he loves and I'd like to get a diamond band, so that'll be something to look forward to do down the road.

The Ketubah is beautiful. I really love the colors. I hope your Rabbi confirms!

Your done list is getting quite long! We're almost into double digits (you already are!). The Knot tells me we have 105 days to go!

Your to do list is still pretty long, but just keep at it! It's so hard and overwhelming when you look at it like that. Just keep tackling one thing at a time. I hope you find a dress you love soon!

Lol on the pregnant dreams. I haven't had any of those! Be careful while you're on those antibiotics!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1374070003|3484659 said:
I like the rings! I tried to get Andrew to like something more than plain (miligrain, beveled edges...something!), but he just wanted gray and plain so brushed tungsten it was! Cool that he gets two! We've already talked about getting upgraded bands for maybe our 5th anniversary? There's a pricey mokume band he loves and I'd like to get a diamond band, so that'll be something to look forward to do down the road.

The Ketubah is beautiful. I really love the colors. I hope your Rabbi confirms!

Your done list is getting quite long! We're almost into double digits (you already are!). The Knot tells me we have 105 days to go!

Your to do list is still pretty long, but just keep at it! It's so hard and overwhelming when you look at it like that. Just keep tackling one thing at a time. I hope you find a dress you love soon!

Lol on the pregnant dreams. I haven't had any of those! Be careful while you're on those antibiotics!

The dr had to use her second choice antibiotic because her first choice makes the NuvaRing not effective. This one supposedly doesn't interact but could cause it to be slightly less effective. I suppose the nausea/dizzy sort of makes up for that since who feels like being romantic feeling like that?

We are so close! You've only got 105 days?!
I guess that puts us at about 90 :-o (three months from today!!!)

Upgrading bands sounds like a wonderful plan! Something special to look forward to!
Bruce was absolutely certain he had to have a plain yellow gold band.... until we got to the jeweler and he started trying stuff on. He discovered that he really likes something more than just plain! It wasn't cheap, but it made him happy!

I love the ketubah. It is very Mark Chagall looking and we both loved it when we saw it the first time. I've scrolled through thousands and this is really the one we want. There are several standard wordings that can be ordered or they can do custom so all I have to do now is get Rabbi to approve one of the standards or give us a template of what he wants used.

So much of the "to do" list is simple and will be done with a trip to the antique store plus an order from one place online. There is also a lot of the stuff that we're okay without. It would be nice to have, but neither of us would be upset if it didn't happen. Just a couple of things left to go on the MUST do list!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1374075488|3484742 said:
The dr had to use her second choice antibiotic because her first choice makes the NuvaRing not effective. This one supposedly doesn't interact but could cause it to be slightly less effective. I suppose the nausea/dizzy sort of makes up for that since who feels like being romantic feeling like that?

We are so close! You've only got 105 days?!
I guess that puts us at about 90 :-o (three months from today!!!)

Upgrading bands sounds like a wonderful plan! Something special to look forward to!
Bruce was absolutely certain he had to have a plain yellow gold band.... until we got to the jeweler and he started trying stuff on. He discovered that he really likes something more than just plain! It wasn't cheap, but it made him happy!

I love the ketubah. It is very Mark Chagall looking and we both loved it when we saw it the first time. I've scrolled through thousands and this is really the one we want. There are several standard wordings that can be ordered or they can do custom so all I have to do now is get Rabbi to approve one of the standards or give us a template of what he wants used.

So much of the "to do" list is simple and will be done with a trip to the antique store plus an order from one place online. There is also a lot of the stuff that we're okay without. It would be nice to have, but neither of us would be upset if it didn't happen. Just a couple of things left to go on the MUST do list!
Yikes! I think I'd still be uber careful!

And yes! Almost in double digits. That puts you at just over 90 days to go! Andrew's band was super cheap since it was tungsten, under $50, but hey, he's happy and it looks great on him.

I can't wait to see pictures of everything! The next few months are going to FLY by.

audball

Ideal_Rock
I've been thinking about my glasses. I wear glasses every day. Other than sleeping, Andrew has maybe seen me where contacts less than 10 times in the time we've been dating. I'm really torn about whether or not to wear them for the wedding.

My makeup artists says no. That they'll block the makeup and that false lashes will likely rub on the lenses. Voted for contacts.

My photographer says yes. That I should feel like myself on the wedding day and that if I usually wear glasses, that I'd likely be more comfortable in them. He was not at all worried about lighting or glare and said while it does make his job a bit harder, it's workable and that is what we're paying him for.

So that's comforting, but I'm still so unsure. I wear plastic frames that have a tendency to slide down. I'm worried about the top of the frames cutting through my eyes because they're sliding down. I was also worried about glare because that's a common problem in pictures but our photographer promises that will not be a problem.

What do you ladies think? Anyone have to make this choice? These are my glasses! FI and I at dinner celebrating our dating anniversary last weekend.

1069395_10101955100000771_1471240570_n.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
aud, I can't speak for myself because I don't wear glasses, but we didn't give a second thought to my DH wearing his glasses all day for our engagement pictures or wedding. We have over 150 images from the e-pics and over 1500 images from our two photographers from the wedding, and I don't recall a single one with glare. So hopefully that sets aside those fears.

I have NO idea, though, how glasses would interact with false lashes. I CAN say, though, that I wore lashes called "Demi Wisps" or something very similar for my wedding and they were AMAZING. They look so natural but give just a bit of extra "oomph"...they're only like $5 at CVS including the glue...perhaps you can give them a test run on a date night and see how they feel?

Enjoying following your progress, aud, and yours too, TP!!! Your invites are lovely and I hope you continue to check things off your list quickly!

audball

Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1374112434|3485172 said:
aud, I can't speak for myself because I don't wear glasses, but we didn't give a second thought to my DH wearing his glasses all day for our engagement pictures or wedding. We have over 150 images from the e-pics and over 1500 images from our two photographers from the wedding, and I don't recall a single one with glare. So hopefully that sets aside those fears.

I have NO idea, though, how glasses would interact with false lashes. I CAN say, though, that I wore lashes called "Demi Wisps" or something very similar for my wedding and they were AMAZING. They look so natural but give just a bit of extra "oomph"...they're only like $5 at CVS including the glue...perhaps you can give them a test run on a date night and see how they feel?

Enjoying following your progress, aud, and yours too, TP!!! Your invites are lovely and I hope you continue to check things off your list quickly!
Hey vc!! Thanks for popping into BWW to chat with us! :))

I'm comfortable with the photographer and if he says no glare issues, that's removed that concern for me. Does your DH wear metal frame glasses with nose pads or plastic frames? The plastic frames are my concern since they don't have nose pads helping keep them in place. I'm sure I can find some sort of work around to keep them in place if I start looking, though.

I've seen lots of grooms wear glasses but it's so hard to find brides who have! I don't know if it's because of the makeup or veil or both or?? but it seems so uncommon.

My makeup artist really doesn't think it's a good idea. I get that it may hide a bit of the makeup, but considering on a day to day basis I usually wear nothing at all, I'm sure it'll still look like I'm wearing makeup just fine.

Gah, I'm just so torn. I don't want to get my pictures back and think that I don't look like "me" since I don't have my glasses on. I also don't want to get my pictures back and have my eyes cut off in every shot because my glasses wouldn't stay in place. I wore contacts regularly for years (from age 12 through freshman year of college), but I switched to plastic frame glasses my second semester as a freshman at university in early 2006 and haven't worn contacts regularly since.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1374113069|3485184 said:
vc10um|1374112434|3485172 said:

Hey vc!! Thanks for popping into BWW to chat with us! :))

I'm comfortable with the photographer and if he says no glare issues, that's removed that concern for me. Does your DH wear metal frame glasses with nose pads or plastic frames? The plastic frames are my concern since they don't have nose pads helping keep them in place. I'm sure I can find some sort of work around to keep them in place if I start looking, though.

I've seen lots of grooms wear glasses but it's so hard to find brides who have! I don't know if it's because of the makeup or veil or both or?? but it seems so uncommon.

My makeup artist really doesn't think it's a good idea. I get that it may hide a bit of the makeup, but considering on a day to day basis I usually wear nothing at all, I'm sure it'll still look like I'm wearing makeup just fine.

Gah, I'm just so torn. I don't want to get my pictures back and think that I don't look like "me" since I don't have my glasses on. I also don't want to get my pictures back and have my eyes cut off in every shot because my glasses wouldn't stay in place. I wore contacts regularly for years (from age 12 through freshman year of college), but I switched to plastic frame glasses my second semester as a freshman at university in early 2006 and haven't worn contacts regularly since.

Thanks VC!
Working through stuff as quickly as I can while still taking a summer calculus course and getting a 13-yr old ready for summer camp. Got some great help at home but it is still a lot!

Audball -- Love the picture! You look so great together! He's got such wonderful eyes too :love:

We both wear glasses but ours are the metal frame with nose pads. I never have problems with mine shifting and he's fine so long as he isn't sweating lots. "A" wears plastic frame and I do see her having to push them up more often...

We'll both be wearing our glasses as we need them to see and they are just part of us. We've both worn since we were very young so it would feel wrong without. I did think about doing contacts for that week but decided against it.

You might talk to a glasses place and see what they can suggest. They may have something that will help them stay in place.
Otherwise, could you order a different pair for your wedding? The place we go has a fair assortment for $59 (includes frames and lenses) and a bunch more for $79. You could get something with the same look but with nose pads to help them stay in place.

I can't help you with the lashes part. I almost never (like once in the last 4 years) wear makeup and have never used false eyelashes. Could you get a set and try them out to see how they do?

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1374121218|3485258 said:
Audball -- Love the picture! You look so great together! He's got such wonderful eyes too :love:

We both wear glasses but ours are the metal frame with nose pads. I never have problems with mine shifting and he's fine so long as he isn't sweating lots. "A" wears plastic frame and I do see her having to push them up more often...

We'll both be wearing our glasses as we need them to see and they are just part of us. We've both worn since we were very young so it would feel wrong without. I did think about doing contacts for that week but decided against it.

You might talk to a glasses place and see what they can suggest. They may have something that will help them stay in place.
Otherwise, could you order a different pair for your wedding? The place we go has a fair assortment for $59 (includes frames and lenses) and a bunch more for $79. You could get something with the same look but with nose pads to help them stay in place.

I can't help you with the lashes part. I almost never (like once in the last 4 years) wear makeup and have never used false eyelashes. Could you get a set and try them out to see how they do?
Aww, thanks. I love his eyes :love:

Yeah, it's the plastic frame I'm concerned about. I don't want to order metal frames because I hate them on me and I feel that they don't stand out as much so if I were to do that, I'd just skip them entirely. The nose pads really bother me which is why I always get plastic. I thought about ordering a special wedding pair, but to get the good lenses with anti-glare to help the photographer, etc, they're pricier and just not worth it when I'm not due for a new pair right now and my insurance will cover a complete new pair come March.

I've worn the false lashes before, but only with contacts (maybe twice?). I do know that even without the falsies, that when wearing mascara my actual lashes can sometimes hit the lenses so I'm certain the fakes would. ETA: not that I HAVE to use the fakes. They're included in my makeup artist price, but I could always opt out, I guess.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmmm...

Tough choice! I do really love your glasses on you. Those frames are just perfect for you!
I get what you mean about the price adding up as you get the thinner lenses and anti-glare etc.

Can you put on a pair of false lashes and have "A" take your picture without your glasses? Compare that in a few days to a picture of you in glasses with just mascara and see how you feel. Which one feels more like you? How do you want to look in your wedding pictures for the rest of your life?

For me, I decided I need to wear my glasses because they are part of me. I won't be switching to contacts so I'll probably always be in glasses. When I look back at pictures I want to see me as I am.

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1374162768|3485547 said:
Hmmmm...

Tough choice! I do really love your glasses on you. Those frames are just perfect for you!
I get what you mean about the price adding up as you get the thinner lenses and anti-glare etc.

Can you put on a pair of false lashes and have "A" take your picture without your glasses? Compare that in a few days to a picture of you in glasses with just mascara and see how you feel. Which one feels more like you? How do you want to look in your wedding pictures for the rest of your life?

For me, I decided I need to wear my glasses because they are part of me. I won't be switching to contacts so I'll probably always be in glasses. When I look back at pictures I want to see me as I am.
Indeed! I guess I'll figure it out.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still no sign of AF. Supposed to insert next NuvaRing this evening.

I called the 24-hr nurse line through FI's work and the woman there said it sounds like I may be pregnant (based on light bleeding mid-cycle, symptoms, and that I've never missed one before due to stress or medication) and the home tests may not be sensitive enough to tell for sure yet. (I took one last night that came out negative)

Anyway.... call in to dr letting her know and asking for either the go ahead to trust the home test and assume I've just skipped due to stress (gee -- wedding planning while in school? Stressful?) or instructions to get a different brand and/or go in for test.

Gah!

audball

Ideal_Rock
!!!!! Take care of yourself TP!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1374190263|3485819 said:

Talked with the dr. I'll go in to see her tomorrow so she can see what is going on. Until then, she told me to not start with the next NuvaRing.

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1374198426|3485900 said:
audball|1374190263|3485819 said:

Talked with the dr. I'll go in to see her tomorrow so she can see what is going on. Until then, she told me to not start with the next NuvaRing.
Hope things are ok!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Audball - re: wearing glasses -

I wear eyeglasses too - got married in them for the same reasons you are saying (it is "me", comfort, etc.) - they were plastic frames as well - the day before the wedding, I just used my miniature eyeglass screwdriver tool and tightened up the tiny screws at each hinge side, and that really made in difference in how well the frames fit (same comfortable fit, but no slippage on wedding day, or on the honeymoon for that matter!).

audball

Ideal_Rock
marymm|1374245424|3486158 said:
Audball - re: wearing glasses -

I wear eyeglasses too - got married in them for the same reasons you are saying (it is "me", comfort, etc.) - they were plastic frames as well - the day before the wedding, I just used my miniature eyeglass screwdriver tool and tightened up the tiny screws at each hinge side, and that really made in difference in how well the frames fit (no slippage on wedding day, or on the honeymoon for that matter!).
Thanks! I definitely planned to pop into the eye doctor to have them tightened up and cleaned really well right before hand. Did you share pictures from your wedding day!? I'm off to look for them if you did!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results