shape
carat
color
clarity

Fun Reception Ideas

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

I've been writing a wedding blog, and I'm looking for some help for a new post. What are some of the most fun things you've seen at a formal reception? I don't want to suggest anything too gimicky or really any games. I have a bride who wants a few ideas for her wedding in January. So what are some of the coolest things you have seen or heard about at a reception?

Thanks!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
actually, i would also appreciate some ideas!

we are not having dancing at the wedding, there will a band in the background, but i'm lost for ideas to keep the guests entertained.

we are having fireworks, but that's only 10-15 mins max.

A friend of mine recently stood up in a wedding where they had a photo station (not a booth) for guests to have silly photos taken. They had props you could add to the photos, like hula hoops, big goofy sunglasses, fake moustaches, firemen hats, etc. There was a plain white background, which made the people with their props really pop! The photographer then put all the silly photos on their website for all the guests to view. It looked really neat.

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
I was just at a wedding where they had a mini donut station. They made the donuts right in front of you and then there toppingsl ike glaze, sprinkles, etc. Yummy!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
A friend of mine did a scrapbook guestbook. At each place setting was a 12"x12" page with prompts like "how do you know the couple?" and "how far did you travel?" and "draw a picture of yourself" and things of that nature. They provided coloured pencils on every table and everyone had a great time filling them out and comparing their stick figures and various responses. :bigsmile:

I was looking into a DJ that offers something called the "Couples Love Story"...he meets with them and records all the details of how they met, how they started dating, the proposal...especially all the fun details people might not know, and he cuts them into a 5-7 minute presentation, some him talking, some their recorded clips. It's really cute, often quite funny, and could definitely be done by a comical friend and someone with a little editing savvy.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I went to a wedding where instead of clanging the flatware and glasses to get the couple to kiss, there was a microphone set up on the side of the dance floor for singing! The guests went up to the mike and had to sing a song with the word LOVE in it, and then the couple would smooch. :lol:

At our wedding, we served pies instead of cake and had a delicious gourmet pie buffet with five kinds of fruit and cream pies. YUM! :lickout:

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Great suggestions!

The ideas I posted about were, a champagne flavor station, a pretty table filled with keepsakes from family members weddings, funky passed hors d'ouevres, and a photo station guestbook thingy. Meh...

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
iota15|1289544193|2763099 said:
What's a champagne flavor station?

It's a station where you can take regular champagne and dress is up with fruit or liqueurs.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are having a photobooth and the guy stays there all night and has scrapbook materials for the guests to put one copy of the pic on a scrapbook page and then can write a message, and they can keep the other copy.

Also- we are having fireworks... shhh!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results