shape
carat
color
clarity

Found a location!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies! I''m new (although I''ve been a lurker for awhile now) and I decided to join the forum officially when I got engaged this past July 4th! Now that FI and I have finally picked a location and a date I thought I''d join in the fun and hopefully get some ideas for wedding planning!

Here''s pics of the place we chose. It''s an old Spanish estate that now belongs to a Greek Orthodox church. We''re not orthodox so we won''t be getting married in the church but in the garden just outside. I was really wracking my brains trying to find someplace different (i.e. not a chinese restaurant - we''re chinese) and i just stumbled upon this place and we went to visit and fell in love with it!

We''re even having a complimentary food tasting tonight! And then we''ll put down a deposit! I''m so excited!

Outside view of the estate from the garden (where the ceremony would be)

Marros2small.JPG

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh April, where is that place?? It''s GORGEOUS!

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I''m so excited!

It''s in Rye, NY. It''s exclusively catered by Jean-Jacques Catering. I found it by flipping through a bridal magazine. The website was less than stellar but I was intrigued. I''m glad I took the time to check it out!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your recent engagement!!

The place looks beautiful! Have fun at your tasting!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Your venue is amazing! Congrats on finding such a beautiful place!
28.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous April!! Let us know how the tasting goes. What are you thinking of serving?

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
That looks like a great venue! It is so exciting to know where you are having it, isn''t it?!

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/26/2007 3:51:53 PM
Author: zoebartlett
It''s gorgeous April!! Let us know how the tasting goes. What are you thinking of serving?
The tasting was AMAZING! The caterers were great and sooo nice to work with. After the tasting was over the Chef came out to talk with us and answer any questions we had about the meal. It was fabulous. We put our deposit down so now everything is official. I am so excited!

We are going to get a meat dish (lamb) and a fish (probably salmon). I thought we were going to have only 2 entree options but actually we get a third! I don''t know what that should be yet....any suggestions??

The other great thing is the vegetarian and kosher options don''t count as an entree choice. So any "special" request meals can be done without taking up one of my option slots! I didn''t realize that so I was even more excited. Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results