shape
carat
color
clarity

flowers and theme

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
Hello all!

No I'm not yet engaged but I should be very soon (ring is being made!). So to get ahead of the game and entertain myself when I'm bored I've been doing some mental planning.

I'm struggling/conflicted over what I want to do in terms of a theme which I feel will be dictated by the flowers I do.

I think we'll be getting married in either August, September, or October (not of this year).

I want a romantic looking wedding that has some fall colors in it. I've been thinking about bouquets and I dont' know how I can combine these two ideas for flowers together. I love the look of the soft, romantic white bouquets but I also love the rich autumn hues of flowers such as red roses, purple calla lilies, and fiddlehead ferns (see attached picture and link). I just worry that red roses, and dark purple calla lilies will be too dark and structured.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to go about this?

How did you all come up with your theme?
See first image:
http://www.karriehlistadesigns.com/

romantic white bouquet.jpg

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
I love both of the bouquets you posted. I think I understand your dilemma but I don't think your flowers necessarily have to dictate your theme so for example, just because you go with a white bouquet doesn't mean you can't have red roses and purple cala lilies in your centerpieces. In fact that may be the compromise that works for you. You could also consider doing the darker colors in the bridesmaids' bouquets or a white bouquet with a darker ribbon around the stem.

But here are some pics of bouquets from my own inspiration folder that I think combine both styles that you like:

Bouquet-white&burgandy.jpg

bouquet -white pink orange.JPG

Blackandwhiteflowers.JPG

Anotherfallbouquet.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the fall colors you are thinking about. Have you considered Orange roses with the purple calla lilies?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would look up Musey's wedding flowers. And Neatfreaks. They both had just stunning flowers that would suit your ideas.

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
Tyty- I'd rather not do purple and orange because my best friend who is getting married this fall is using those as her colors and I don't want to look like I'm copying her, I want her day and my day to be unique events.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results