shape
carat
color
clarity

** Finally, some Wedding Photos **

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lucy love

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone! It''s been 3 weeks since we tied the knot, and I''m finally getting around to uploading some pictures to show you!!! Sorry it''s taken so long. After our week-long honeymoon we jumped right back into work and I''ve been busy at home trying to organize!! Anyway, I''m on my lunch break at work and I decided to do some posting. =)

A little detail info...

LOCATION: Mililani Missionary Church in Mililani, Hawaii. Our church, where He serves as the Youth Pastor

DATE & TIME: Saturday, May 3rd, 2008 - Ceremony at 10:00 a.m.

COLORS: Navy, Royal, Baby Blue & Ivory (Basically we just went with all shades of blue)

PHOTOGRAPHER: Kai-Photo Hawaii, LLC. I LOVED working with them. We had the owner of the company and his assistant taking pictures and they did a fabulous job. If you are getting married in Hawaii, definitely hire them. Their prices can''t be beat, and the photos were online for viewing in only 5 days. We received the DVD of all 683 pictures the following week. 5 stars for sure!!!

CATERING: Local favorite, Tanioka''s Seafoods and Catering.

CAKE: The Cake Garden - we had 4 tiers and 4 flavors. =) White cake and lilikoi filling, White cake and guava filling, Red Velvet and Cream cheese, Chocolate and Chocolate.

FLOWERS: Watanabe Floral - excellent service and they did exactly what I wanted and envisioned.

Not sure what other details I should include, but if you have any other questions, just ask. I''ll try to keep up with the answers! =)

Now on to the pictures!!!

First up is my bouquet... made up of Cymbidiums, roses, calla lilies, rice flowers & some other things.

0805is003.jpg

lucy love

Shiny_Rock
the back of my dress... my grandma added the straps in for me because (if you remember) i don''t have enough to fill it out and hold it up! =P

0805is025.jpg

lucy love

Shiny_Rock
here''s me coming out from hiding and getting ready to walk the aisle...

0805is114.jpg

lucy love

Shiny_Rock
our kiss! everyone was talking about it afterwards... =P

0805is187.jpg

lucy love

Shiny_Rock
our rings and my bouquet... i loved my nails!

0805is416.jpg

lucy love

Shiny_Rock
poor thing, i think he was struggling to lift me!! my dress had so much fabric...

0805is424.jpg

lucy love

Shiny_Rock
feel free to steal this idea:

i printed out cards that were 4"x6" and had people write us messages (advice, jokes, stories, memories, pictures etc) and we stuck them in a really pretty photo album. we did this instead of a guestbook, or loose pieces of paper in a jar, etc. =) we read through them when we want to, and laugh at some of them!

also we set up an account with flickr where people could upload the pictures they took at the wedding and share it with everyone. instructions were on the back of the card.

0805is432.jpg

lucy love

Shiny_Rock
our centerpieces were really simple, just cymbidiums and bear grass in vases of water. we also dropped some glass marbles in them to add some dimension...

0805is455.jpg

lucy love

Shiny_Rock
all the girls'' bouquets on the table while we ate.

0805is485.jpg

lucy love

Shiny_Rock
all 4 tiers were all different levels. 2 were on top of vases similar to our centerpieces with flowers and bear grass inside.

0805is541.jpg

lucy love

Shiny_Rock
i changed into another dress and danced a hula to "When God Made You" by Newsong

0805is640.jpg

lucy love

Shiny_Rock
i didn''t upload group pictures because they were too big. but i re-sized them so here are some favs. =)

0805is281.jpg

lucy love

Shiny_Rock
i bought the paper parasols online and had his grandma paint the flowers on them. the flowergirl''s parasol is silk and is smaller. i LOVED how it looked with the contrasting colors to the dresses. =)

0805is327.jpg

lucy love

Shiny_Rock
here''s a funny one of the girls!

i realized i never explained why one bridesmaid''s dress is different.

WELL!!! She flew in with her boyfriend the night before the wedding. they originally had flights on ATA, but since they shut down she had to re-route her tickets. they flew into a neighbor island on delta and then took a local airline to get from maui to oahu. well, the local airline lost their luggage. so all she had was what was in her carry on. (NOTE TO BRIDES WITH WEDDING PARTY FLYING IN: Make sure they pack all the important stuff on their carry on!) We were praying they would find her bags, but they didn''t! So my friend who was over doing their nails the night before said her sister might have some dresses that fit. The morning of the wedding - literally 2 hours before the ceremony, my friend''s mom goes to pickup the navy dress from the dry cleaners and brings it to the house in hopes it would fit. And it DID!!! Praise the Lord. I didn''t care that she wasn''t matching... even if she wore a pink dress, i wouldn''t care. =) oh, and my maid of honor just so happened to have extra silver sandals in size 8. what are the odds? God is good!!

0805is332.jpg

lucy love

Shiny_Rock
the entire wedding party. the ring bearer decided he wanted to take pictures with us, finally. =) he was too scared to go down the aisle, but that''s ok.

0805is370.jpg

lucy love

Shiny_Rock
here''s a funny one of the wedding party.

ok, that''s all!!! :D

0805is385.jpg

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, everything is soooo beautiful! I love so many of the details, but I have to say, your hair during the hula picture is absolutely stunning!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE your pictures. Everything was beautiful, from you, to the cakes, to the absolutely stunning boquets. Truly gorgeous.

And good for you for not letting the lost dress put a damper on things, I think it shows real class, and makes for a great story!

Congratulations!!

You look beautiful and all of the details of your wedding were so perfect! Thank you for sharing your pics with us! I especially love all of the bold blue touches!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Just gorgeous! WOW!

cheers--Sharon

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Your pictures look incredible. Your wedding looks soooo fun!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
You look stunning :) congrats on your new marriage :)

The photo''s are fantastic :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results