shape
carat
color
clarity

FAV VACATION SPOT

leni

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

looking to take a trip to end the summer.............where will you recommend for the end of august..... Mexico (if so, what city) or jamaica?

have a blessed wkend.

Thanks
LM

I would recommend the Pacific side of Mexico. It's hurricane season and Jamaica has a tendency to get whollopped!

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
leni said:
Hey everyone,

looking to take a trip to end the summer.............where will you recommend for the end of august..... Mexico (if so, what city) or jamaica?

have a blessed wkend.

Thanks
LM

Yes, end of August is till hurricaen season for both Jamaica and Cancun. Even with no hurricanes, it's still the rainy season. Been there, done that, and let me tell you there is nothing sadder than being at a beautiful beach resort when it POURS the entire week you are there. Really. Like, pouring so hard you can't even walk out of your room to get to the restaurant.

With that being said, Aruba is outside foothe hurricane belt, it NEVER rains there, so you are guarenteed great weather. LOTS of SUN! We've been there a few times, the beaches are fantastic and there are tons of dining options. You will pay a little more than say Jamaica but it's well worth it.

I personally don't love Jamaica. I've been there about 4 times, in fact we were that last May. I found such a good deal, I didn't care where I was as long as I could get some sun. Turned out to be a great, fun, CHEAP relaxing vacation!

Let me know if you have any questions or want some referrals. I dabble in all things Carribbean!

leni

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys.

@pushin40 appreciate your help. i need ideas in carbbean..........dont real care where just need cheap, fun, beach vacation.
Thanks

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Pushin40 said:
leni said:
Hey everyone,

have a blessed wkend.

Thanks
LM

Yes, end of August is till hurricaen season for both Jamaica and Cancun. Even with no hurricanes, it's still the rainy season. Been there, done that, and let me tell you there is nothing sadder than being at a beautiful beach resort when it POURS the entire week you are there. Really. Like, pouring so hard you can't even walk out of your room to get to the restaurant.

With that being said, Aruba is outside foothe hurricane belt, it NEVER rains there, so you are guarenteed great weather. LOTS of SUN! We've been there a few times, the beaches are fantastic and there are tons of dining options. You will pay a little more than say Jamaica but it's well worth it.

I personally don't love Jamaica. I've been there about 4 times, in fact we were that last May. I found such a good deal, I didn't care where I was as long as I could get some sun. Turned out to be a great, fun, CHEAP relaxing vacation!

Let me know if you have any questions or want some referrals. I dabble in all things Carribbean!

I have to ditto when Pushin40 said about Mexico. I went once in September and it rained half the week I was there. Aug. is a bit too risky IMO.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Just adding my two cents:

I have been to mexico 8 times and the best place I have ever been to was playa del carmen. It is just FANTASTIC there. So much to do, so much to see. The energy there is unlike anything else.

Infact, I was there three times and loved it SO much that as soon as I got home from my trip there I booked a flight there and lived there for an entire month (ALONE!)

Playa is basically a 5 mile stretch of various restaurants (such as Argentinian steak houses, brazilian steak houses, sushi, mexican, EVERYTHING), shops (that have everything you can imagine), and tons of bars that are crazy fun to go to even if you're just going to enjoy a drink. Did I mention how this strip is RIGHT along the beach (which is to die for). You could stay a little bit outside of Playa in a place called Riviera Maya.

While in Playa/Riviera Maya you can go to the Cenotes (caves below the ground that are breath taking), Xcaret, Mayan Ruins, Chichen Itza, or even snorkeling/scuba diving, swimming with dolphins...the list goes on.

Also the other plus side to going to Playa is that it only takes a ferry ride (20 minutes) to get to Cozumel which has an amazzzzzing reef (for snorkeling and scuba diving).

The great thing about Playa is that you can definitely go there and not spend tons of money. The hotel I stayed at for the entire month is a cozy little hotel right off the beach with 18 rooms that cost me only 60$ a night. The rooms were cute, and it came with a continental breakfast. I have stayed there more then once, as the owners are awesome (they're actually from NY). I also decided to stay at an all-inclusive high end resort while there too just to see how I would like it and I HATED it. The resort cost me around 500$ a night, and was a complete waste of money. I couldn't WAIT to get to my 60$ a night hotel. There's so much culture there and so many places to eat and hang out that I felt like the resort was robbing me of a good time.

Also, I went in August twice and while we did get a little bit of rain it only lasted 20 minutes and no longer.

I have been to other places in the Caribbean including Jamaica (the water was gorgeous and so was Dunns River Falls...but thats about it), Cayman Islands, and Haiti...so if you need any other info let me know :)

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Autumnovember said:
Just adding my two cents:

I have been to mexico 8 times and the best place I have ever been to was playa del carmen. It is just FANTASTIC there. So much to do, so much to see. The energy there is unlike anything else.

Infact, I was there three times and loved it SO much that as soon as I got home from my trip there I booked a flight there and lived there for an entire month (ALONE!)

Playa is basically a 5 mile stretch of various restaurants (such as Argentinian steak houses, brazilian steak houses, sushi, mexican, EVERYTHING), shops (that have everything you can imagine), and tons of bars that are crazy fun to go to even if you're just going to enjoy a drink. Did I mention how this strip is RIGHT along the beach (which is to die for). You could stay a little bit outside of Playa in a place called Riviera Maya.

While in Playa/Riviera Maya you can go to the Cenotes (caves below the ground that are breath taking), Xcaret, Mayan Ruins, Chichen Itza, or even snorkeling/scuba diving, swimming with dolphins...the list goes on.

Also the other plus side to going to Playa is that it only takes a ferry ride (20 minutes) to get to Cozumel which has an amazzzzzing reef (for snorkeling and scuba diving).

The great thing about Playa is that you can definitely go there and not spend tons of money. The hotel I stayed at for the entire month is a cozy little hotel right off the beach with 18 rooms that cost me only 60$ a night. The rooms were cute, and it came with a continental breakfast. I have stayed there more then once, as the owners are awesome (they're actually from NY). I also decided to stay at an all-inclusive high end resort while there too just to see how I would like it and I HATED it. The resort cost me around 500$ a night, and was a complete waste of money. I couldn't WAIT to get to my 60$ a night hotel. There's so much culture there and so many places to eat and hang out that I felt like the resort was robbing me of a good time.

Also, I went in August twice and while we did get a little bit of rain it only lasted 20 minutes and no longer.

I have been to other places in the Caribbean including Jamaica (the water was gorgeous and so was Dunns River Falls...but thats about it), Cayman Islands, and Haiti...so if you need any other info let me know :)

I aggree with this 100%!
I feel like I wrote this post, my sentiments exaclty! We LOVE LOVE LOVE PDC too, that's why we are getting married there this November! After our week at the AI resort with family and friends, for our second week we are staying in a 1BR apt right on the beach - Blue Peral Suites. We are getting it for less than the advertized rate on the website (look at VRBO.com) It's not AI but you can walk to 5th Ave, and it is right on the ocean. You have your own kitchen too so you can save $$ by cookigng breakfast and lunch in your condo, and go out for dinner if you choose. This is what we like to do.

Any way you can take your trip in late OCt/early Nov?

August is still a risk for rain for Mexico and the Carribean. You coudldl uck out like Autumnnovember did, but is this a risk you want to take?

Aruba, Bonaire an Curacau are outside of the hurricane belt. Check them out!
If you want to risk some possible rain, Playa del Carmen and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic are VERY affordable.
YOU WILL LOVE PDC!
Let us know what you find!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results