shape
carat
color
clarity

Driving an hour for dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond Confused

Shiny_Rock
So there is a Saks 5 minutes away which has the dress I want but there is a bridal boutique 1 hour away (with LA traffic can be up to 2 hours) that offers 10% off. Saks does too if you open an account but I hate having a ton of charge cards. Anyway considering all the fittings and such, is it worth the hour drive to save $500. What do you think about getting your dress at a bridal shop that''s far away.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
You don''t necessarily have to get your fittings done at the salon where you bought the dress unless you are getting a deal there. I would drive the hour, get the 10% off, and then find a suitable seamstress near your place to get your alterations done.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2009 3:55:39 PM
Author: Clairitek
You don''t necessarily have to get your fittings done at the salon where you bought the dress unless you are getting a deal there. I would drive the hour, get the 10% off, and then find a suitable seamstress near your place to get your alterations done.

BIG DITTO! $500 is a lot and bridal salon alterations can be disastrous. I would drive the hour (or see if you can order it over the phone, have your measurements handy) and then have it altered privately.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, it wouldn''t hurt to ask the manager if they''d be willing to price match. At worst they say no.

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely! Think of it as getting paid $500/hr, minus gas expenses!

teapot

Shiny_Rock
Ditto: Get the dress at the salon and get it altered privately. Also, tell your Saks associate about your deal and see if they will give you the discount without a chargecard.

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm...I work about four blocks from the Saks in Beverly Hills and honestly, I think it would be worth the $500 for me to get the dress there than driving and hour assuming you DO plan on getting the dress altered at the salon. You know LA traffic...it may be an hour today but next time you go it could be two.

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Couldn''t you open the Saks account, get the discount, and then cut up the card as soon as you get home? That''s what I would do, but I have iron discipline
11.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2009 4:55:35 PM
Author: LilyKat
Couldn''t you open the Saks account, get the discount, and then cut up the card as soon as you get home? That''s what I would do, but I have iron discipline
11.gif

ditto.

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
I would make sure that you have an alternative alterations place before you buy the dress far away. It would stink if you bought the dress far away and then dreaded driving out for all the fittings. And make sure that you like the staff and everythying at the boutique as much as you do at Saks. I think service is worth the extra money.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results