shape
carat
color
clarity

dress update

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
So
The concern was that I might lose too much weight for my dress to look good and my mom told me not to worry about it today. If we need a different dress then that''s fine and at least I''ll be healthier; if I don''t lose a ton of weight then I''ll still have my dress that I love and look good in :)

My progress-my pants are all literally hanging off me. Hopefully once I get a job I can buy some new ones lol Until then I''ve been wearing lots of cute dresses and dressy capri pants haha :) I''m currently working out 6 days a week and if anyone is curious, here is my workout regiment. Having a fireman for a best man who is willing to help you and your bridesmaids train is the best thing ever!!

Mondays- 20 min on treadmill
3x15 chest presses
3x15 lateral pull downs
4x10 flies
3x15 rows
abs

Tuesdays- 20 min bike
3x15 seated biceps
3x10 upper bicep weights
3x15 standing biceps
4x10 pulldowns
abs

Wednesdays- 20 min elliptical
3x15 side raises
3x15 front raises
4x15 weighted calf raises
3x10 shrugs
abs

Thursdays- 20 min treadmill
4x15 leg presses (130 lbs)
3x15 quad lifts
3x15 hamstring lifts
4x15 calf presses
abs

fridays- 45 min on treadmill
5 minute cooldown
abs

saturdays- 20 minutes on treadmill light cardio
abs

abs work out
week 1- 10x20
week 2- 10x25
week 3- 10 x30
week 4- 15x20
week 5 and on- 15x25

and sundays i dont work out

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like a good regimen Smurfy! Just remember the abdominals are muscles too, and need time to restore themselves. Ab exercise tone the muscles, and your cardio will burn the fat on top of the muscle! If you do the right ab exercises, you''ll be too sore to do your abs daily! Just a tip!

Keep up your awesome work!
36.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the tip beach!

actually it hasnt been too bad for the abs yet, i used to have to do a ton of them as a dancer so it doesnt bother me as much as the arm muscles lol, man are my arms sore :) i had a glass of wine the night after i did my arms, it helped a little bit heehee

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
I was going to say the same thing as Beach Runner...I had a personal trainer for a while, and you are supposed to work your abs really hard and then rest them... Doing them and they dont hurt or anything and doing them daily will not to anything for them. And honestly, coming from someone who was an avid person who worked out and had a trainer, there is no point to doing ab exercises until you lose the body fat...(im not saying you fat, just telling you what I learned from it).

So my advice would be to get a really good ab workout.. and I have an awesome want if you want it.. and then doing that every other time you go to the gym or every third time you go...

Also... on the cardio note... after a while your body will not react to doing the same cardio everyday.. I would recommended switching it up every couple of days or every couple of weeks...Also, I would try to do a little more cardio, I would do like 10 mins when you get there to get your heart rate going, then do your work out then doing another 20-30 mins at the end. This also applies to your workout- you need to switch it up after a while too ;-)

You dont have to take my advice as you have said you are seeing results, but if/when you plato this would probably be the reason as your body gets used to doing the same thing so you need to switch it up some ;-) Same thing with your calorie intake, switch it up some too ;-) Hope that helps!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
wow! thanks a lot blond bunny :)
i think part of it may be that our best man is just that...a man lol and he doesnt quite know how to do a workout for girls as well as he does for boys?
if you dont mind sharing your abs workout id love to hear it blond :) i had the same thought as you about not doing abs til i had loss weight too but i always feel like my core is so solid even if it really isnt (stupid beer lol) after i do them, so maybe thats just me? im always willing to take advice though for working out so definitely let me have it!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Smurfy! That is so great that you are getting healthy and putting in the time and effort it takes to acheive that. I am sure it will give you more confidence on your wedding day. Even if you weren''t shrinking (which you are
9.gif
) I am sure it would still help you to feel more energetic on the big day and have a nice big healthy glowing smile!. I too need to get down to business on shedding some extra pounds and get in shape. I will have to use you as my inspiration! If you can do it then I can too!
2.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on getting healthy and losing weight - what a wonderful accomplishment, you should be very proud
1.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I do have to admit that I have a special workout partner though. There is a girl that works out the same time as me, who just moved to colorado with her fi from far away (florida) and has a similar timeline (shes august, im november) and we both used to work in sports bars and have guys who loooove video games

so we have been motivating each other and it''s been really great making a new friend at the same time :)

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
ok i couldnt help but post these because now im feeling proud of myself lol :) this is what ive lost since july 08''

smurfyweightlossfront.jpg

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock

smurfyweightlosssidepictures.jpg

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock

backviewsmurfyweightloss.jpg

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
this was put together back in november but still shows you the difference :)

n163900928_32334615_5909.jpg

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
and this is what i looked like back in the middle of college about 4 years ago and this is what i eventually would like to end back up at, haha a girl can dream!!!

n163900928_31405918_6363.jpg

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
That is so great that your mom is supportive of your losing weight and maybe having to find another dress. Congratulations on the weightloss and even more importantly on a healthy exercise routine. Your before and after pictures are so cute, and you can really tell the difference. By the way, Smurfy, you are so pretty!
1.gif
I have also been meaning to say that you''re one of my favourite posters because you seem so upbeat and make really sweet comments to people. From your posts it seems like you and your fiancee are adorable together and very much in love. So wonderful! Oh, and your ring is gorgeous.
30.gif
I''m done jacking your thread now but I thought this would be a good place to tell you all of this!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Wow wishful that totally made my day thank you soooo much!!! :)
35.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 2:29:21 PM
Author: Smurfysmiles

i think part of it may be that our best man is just that...a man lol and he doesnt quite know how to do a workout for girls as well as he does for boys?

if you dont mind sharing your abs workout id love to hear it blond :) i had the same thought as you about not doing abs til i had loss weight too but i always feel like my core is so solid even if it really isnt (stupid beer lol) after i do them, so maybe thats just me? im always willing to take advice though for working out so definitely let me have it!
No problem... Im going to search to see if I can find pictures of it.. if not Ill get my FI to take pics of me to show you how to do it.. it really is a kick butt ab routine.. i show everyone it and they love it ;-)

Also.. you look great so far losing so much!! awesome job!! another thing.. i dont know if you have seen it on tv yet or not... BUT they have a show called Fat Free Fiances and they give you a goal to lose weight and you get all kinds of AWESOME things for your wedding and a kick butt honeymoon if you reach your goal! Just thought I would throw that out there just in case you might be interested in getting free stuff since you are already doing an awesome job losing weight! ;-)

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 9:27:01 PM
Author: blondebunny
Date: 1/18/2009 2:29:21 PM

Author: Smurfysmiles

No problem... Im going to search to see if I can find pictures of it.. if not Ill get my FI to take pics of me to show you how to do it.. it really is a kick butt ab routine.. i show everyone it and they love it ;-)

Also.. you look great so far losing so much!! awesome job!! another thing.. i dont know if you have seen it on tv yet or not... BUT they have a show called Fat Free Fiances and they give you a goal to lose weight and you get all kinds of AWESOME things for your wedding and a kick butt honeymoon if you reach your goal! Just thought I would throw that out there just in case you might be interested in getting free stuff since you are already doing an awesome job losing weight! ;-)

haha i LOVE that show but i dont know if i would be brave enough to sign up to lose weight on tv lol

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Smurfy! It looks like you''ve come a long way! You must have tremendous willpower. Keep up the good work; you already look great, and I''m sure you must be feeling great about yourself!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
thanks big t! :) I wish i could fast forward in time and see the results right away lol

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Kudos to you. Losing weight and, more importantly, getting healthy, is a hard thing to do! Its a total lifestyle change.

Buuuut your progress is AWESOME!!! Keep it up. I, too, am trying to get fit before the wedding... Esp. toning my arms, etc. Our apartment complex has a pretty nice workout room. I know you''re in Denver, too, and that seems to be the norm w. complexes. Are you going to a gym or working at your apartment?

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 10:40:48 PM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom
Kudos to you. Losing weight and, more importantly, getting healthy, is a hard thing to do! Its a total lifestyle change.

Buuuut your progress is AWESOME!!! Keep it up. I, too, am trying to get fit before the wedding... Esp. toning my arms, etc. Our apartment complex has a pretty nice workout room. I know you''re in Denver, too, and that seems to be the norm w. complexes. Are you going to a gym or working at your apartment?

We have a full gym complex in our apartment community, it''s soo nice, it''s open 24/7 and the huge hot tub outdoors is right next to it so sometimes i go in that before i head back to the apt :) I''m trying to tone my arms too and back since I have a halter dress and trying to get some sort of a waist lol
If my legs don''t make it the way I want them to, oh well, that''s why i have a big fluffy dress haha!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results