shape
carat
color
clarity

dress shopping, round 3

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
k, onto another bridal shop in another town this weekend. on a side note, have a mentioned being a small town bride is a PITA?!?! well, it is. anyways, went wedding dress shopping again this weekend. they don''t allow photos but my sales girl "slipped out" of the room so i could grab a photo of this dress. i went w/one bridesmaid & another very good friend. walked around to pull dresses. they explained how the dress are organized and showed the location of the pronovias trunk show dresses. i spied one right away that i loved but knew that brand is over my budget, so i went on looking at other dresses. then one of my friends said, "lulu, look at this one (the one i already saw)." and i said "beautiful, but over my budget." then friend #2 had same response & sales girl heard and asked if i wanted to try it. now, i know i shouldn''t after already refusing several over my buget but...i did anyway. and of course loved it. since it was only there for the weekend & my mom was hours away, she let me sneak a photo. now i realize why they don''t allow photos, the lighting sucks so you can''t see any of the details & the dress is 2 sizes small and not clipped but here''s my pic anyway.
pronovias hindu:

005lululove.JPG

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
here''s a photo from a google image search of a bride in the dress. this more accurately represents how the fabric looked in the store

Pronovias-A-line-Hindu-off-white-2008-5.jpg

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
and here it is compared to mori lee 4524. opinions? is it worth seeing if i can stretch my budget?

BridalCanvasDotCom_4254(2).jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I love the first one in the side by side pic. The new one you tried on looks great but I love the other one.

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
I love the Mori Lee dress on you! Very pretty!
1.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 8:09:21 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
I love the first one in the side by side pic. The new one you tried on looks great but I love the other one.

Ditto! I think I prefer the location of the waist line on the left hand dress over the slightly dropped one on the Pronovias.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
ditto claritek for the same reasons she said! you look beautiful in that dress!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Mori Lee is gorgeous on you!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
lulu you look STUNNING! i love that dress. you look so long and lean in that dress. and i love the details on the skirt! i hate to be going to the other way, but i really like this one the best!
36.gif
36.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I love the Pronovias dress the best for a few reasons: the fabric is just stunning and dreamy, ethereal. The waist makes you look oh to tall, and lengthens your torso. I know the Mori Lee dress is too long in this picture, as I am sure the P. is too, but the ML dress makes you very short, especially your torso. Budget however, is usually the deciding factor. My 2 cents for you.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
I still prefer the Mori Lee, but that's because the Mori Lee is more *my* taste. It just looks more elegant and rich in my opinion. Something about it also makes you look more proportional to me- the Pronovias makes your chest look out of proportion, but maybe that's just because the sample dress is too small.

In terms of stretching your budget for a dress, I wouldn't (and didn't) do it, but again, that's me. If you're the type of girl who has been dreaming of her wedding gown since age 5, then maybe it's worth it to you and your FI to spend the extra money. I wasn't one of those girls, so to me I was happy finding a reasonably priced gown that I really really liked rather than spending five times the price of my dress on a haute couture gown that I liked just a tiny bit more.

Do you plan to do any more gown shopping or are these two gowns your final choices?

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 1:41:13 AM
Author: havernell

In terms of stretching your budget for a dress, I wouldn''t (and didn''t) do it, but again, that''s me. If you''re the type of girl who has been dreaming of her wedding gown since age 5, then maybe it''s worth it to you and your FI to spend the extra money. I wasn''t one of those girls, so to me I was happy finding a reasonably priced gown that I really really liked rather than spending five times the price of my dress on a haute couture gown that I liked just a tiny bit more.

Do you plan to do any more gown shopping or are these two gowns your final choices?

first, thanks for opinions...please keep em coming!

havernell, as far as stretching budget...that''s kind of my concern. however, my parents are paying for the wedding & the dress. so, it would come down to whether my mother will a) give me more money designated for the dress b) if i want to rearrange some funds to cover the extra $$ that would be spent or c) if i want to financially contribute to dress.

as far as more dress shopping, i want to try on this other
mori lee dress but can''t find any shops that carry it near me. so, i need to do some calling around. we''ll see...

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I prefer the Mori Lee as well-it makes your waist look teeny tiny.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 8:49:13 PM
Author: BeachRunner
Yes, I LOVE the one on the left. It makes your waist look so tiny!
Agreed! As much as I love Pronovias, the Mori Lee is no comparison on you!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 11:46:02 PM
Author: ilovesparkles
Ok, I love the Pronovias dress the best for a few reasons: the fabric is just stunning and dreamy, ethereal. The waist makes you look oh to tall, and lengthens your torso. I know the Mori Lee dress is too long in this picture, as I am sure the P. is too, but the ML dress makes you very short, especially your torso. Budget however, is usually the deciding factor. My 2 cents for you.

ditto. i love the "dreaminess" effect of Pronovias!

what kind of look are you going for anyway? I saw that other dress you want to try on and it looks like your taste is more into the left Mori Lee dress over the right Pronovias dress.

as for the budget, what do you mean by "stretching" the budget? If it were a few hundred dollars, i don''t mind stretching it but if were talking THOUSANDS, then i really don''t suggest it. save the extra $$$ for the honeymoon
1.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, that''s a really hard choice lulu, but I think i prefer the new dress - it''s so beautiful on you!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is still for the mori lee!! You look amazing in it!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/11/2009 7:59:59 PM
Author: lulu66
and here it is compared to mori lee 4524. opinions? is it worth seeing if i can stretch my budget?
love the dress on the Right, But i''m just thinking something looks off because its not fitted to you properly no?
Otherwise, I just love the flow of the dress.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
The dress on the left looks gorgeous on you!

The dress on the right, I''m not crazy about at all, it''s not really flattering your figure. Maybe it''s because its not fitted well, but it doesn''t have the same presence as the dress on the left, that''s for sure.

gls

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 7:59:59 PM
Author: lulu66

If its a tie between these 2 definitely the Mori-Lee. I love it its elegant yet understated and it looks gorgeous on you! I dont really like the skirting on the other one, its a bit wishy-washy if that makes sense
1.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
I totally ADORE that Pronovias (is it too early to start dress shopping when we haven''t yet set a date?
11.gif
), but, the Mori Lee is SUPER flattering on you! I think if I were you, I''d stick with the Mori Lee.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results