shape
carat
color
clarity

dress help needed-urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
So, as some of you know, I am planning a post-elopement vow renewal/reception in Sept. It will be brunch, so the dress has been difficult! I went shopping tonight, and apparently if I want it to arrive in time I have to order this week!
32.gif
23.gif

SO, luckily, I liked EVERYTHING I tried on! Lol. Seriously, I tried on 5 or 6 dresses and liked them all. BUT here are my top two (store doesn't allow pics!):

Dress #1

and

Dress #2

funny they are both Mori Lee, but SO very different! They are both super flattering, and feel "bridal" to me without being over the top. I like the sexiness of dress #2, its definitely hot on, but I also really like the lace on dress #1. Tough call! I could really use some input! I plan on having a birdcage veil either way.

So, you well-dressed PSers, which do you like?

ETA: other options include waiting and looking elsewhere, or going the BM dress route. I love Jim Hjlems BM stuff, but the BM dresses I saw tonight were lacking the "bridal touch", like buttons down the back and sewn-in corsets, etc.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
#2 - hands down. You''d be rockin that bad boy with a birdcage. Love it!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2009 11:42:38 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
#2 - hands down. You''d be rockin that bad boy with a birdcage. Love it!
Ditto! It''s so sexy!

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
If they both look equally good on you, my vote is for #2! What a great silhouette and I love the sexy slit in the back.
31.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I would say #1 hands down! I don''t care much for #2 personally. But its a personal choice for you. #2 also looks too much like an evening gown to me while #1 says fun with the tea length.

heb1976

Shiny_Rock
I love #1. I agree with sparkles that the second looks too evening gowny(made up word). Also, since it's a brunch #2 might be too formal. I think the first is the perfect combo of bridal but not too formal. Good luck and congrats!

Edited

E B

Ideal_Rock
I love #1 for a brunch celebration. It also looks like it'd be more comfortable/easier to move around in than the other.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
#1! I tried it on as well and I really really loved it.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a brunch, definitely #1!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it's brunch, I would pick #1. I love how lady-like and classy it is! #2 is straight-up SEXY, and more in line with a formal evening event. Then again, it's YOUR day, and if you wanted to wear a pink bunny suit to your brunch reception that would be absolutely your call!
3.gif
So I guess the question really is, how do you want to FEEL at the event? Understated and classic? (#1) Or Vavava-VOOM!? (#2)

I kinda think that if you hemmed #2 to knee-length, you could have the best of both worlds! (and it would look STUNNING with a bird-cage veil!)

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
I adore #1 and it's very bridal, but yet semi-formal because of its length and since it's for a brunch, i think it's perfect. :) AND it's fun!! AND it's flirty...I think it's got EVERYTHING going for it for a post-elopement! :) I agree that #2 looks too formal. It's interesting that you defined it as 'hot' because I would never have assumed it would be that way...but, that being said, is that the look you'd really want when you are finally able to celebrate with your family/friends?? Just a thought...definitely not a judgement. :)

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
#1 for a brunch reception, hands down. It''s beautiful, and it looks more time-of-day-appropriate than #2.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 4:10:20 AM
Author: kittybean
#1 for a brunch reception, hands down. It''s beautiful, and it looks more time-of-day-appropriate than #2.
+1 for dress #1

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
number 1--i love the lace detail at the bottom. you have to have some amazing shoes for that dress!!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Thanks ladies for the great input!

I was leaning towards #1 as well, but worried that it was too generic.

My mom''s fave was #2, and to clarify the "sexiness", it i sexy in a very classy way. Anyone remember my old av with Rosemary Clooney from White Christmas? It seemed totally like something she would have worn. As a rule, I am pretty opposed to sexy in a bunny suit way on your wedding day (no offense!), but vavavavoom sexy seems different to me. Everything is covered, I guess, no plunging necklines, etc.

Yay! You guys are really helping, thanks again!

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I love them both, but I think that number one is much more appropriate for a brunch-time event.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Aaaah I love number 2!

I think I would like number 1 more if it were a bit shorter... Tea length is hard to pull off (unless you are very tall..)

Both are very pretty though!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 1:37:19 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
Aaaah I love number 2!

I think I would like number 1 more if it were a bit shorter... Tea length is hard to pull off (unless you are very tall..)

More than #2 or more than its current length? The good news is I am 5''9'''' and the length is great...esp with my super-high gorgeous pumps I wore to my original elopement (planning to wear them again for sentimental reasons!).

So does any of that change your mind?

Thanks again everyone!!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I also wanted to add that I am hesitating because I don''t get "that" feeling in any of these dresses. But, that is undoubtedly because my ultimate dream dresses would never be close to appropriate for a brunch wedding. Le sigh.

I do really feel amazing in them both, but I have always been drawn to dresses with a panel of lace at the natural waist..it is ver similar to clothing styles I like in everyday life. I just am not super crazy about the top ruching or whatever on the shorter one for some reason.

However, I would recommend Mori Lee to any other budget brides...I am pretty picky about things "looking cheap", but both of these were made well, with inside boning and support, etc.

Tonight I am going to another place, and I MAY go to one more (I had ruled it out for $$ but since I am apparently sample sized, they may have some sale samples). I will report back!!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I looove #1. Number 2 just isn''t my style, but it''s definitely sexy! I guess it''s all about the look you''re going for.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 2:14:35 PM
Author: Miscka
Date: 5/20/2009 1:37:19 PM

Aaaah I love number 2!

More than #2 or more than its current length? The good news is I am 5''9'''' and the length is great...esp with my super-high gorgeous pumps I wore to my original elopement (planning to wear them again for sentimental reasons!).

So does any of that change your mind?

Thanks again everyone!!

I think I still would prefer #1, I just adore that dress.

Have you looked at Sarah Danielle? They have some CUTE dresses that are affordable.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Here is a Sarah Danielle I love... It is around $550..

Do you like anything like that?

5550_b1_080919093139.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 3:17:40 PM

THAT is gorgeous! I love the shape of it, which is why I would also choose #2. I would kill to be thinner and curvy enough to wear that dress.

I get the vibe, though, that you REALLY want #1 - so that is what you should get.
1.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 3:22:54 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

THAT is gorgeous! I love the shape of it, which is why I would also choose #2. I would kill to be thinner and curvy enough to wear that dress.

I get the vibe, though, that you REALLY want #1 - so that is what you should get.
1.gif

Haha, you may be right! I do love #1. I think, though, that if I get it I will get something similar to #2 for a DHs law school formal. My Mom wants me to wear #2 because she is amazed that she gave birth to someone who could wear it...she is 5''2''''!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock

Ohhh, OU I do love that! I just have a feeling that it wouldn't feel "bridal" enough to me on. I never thought I would feel that way, esp. since I was looking online at super simple BM dresses, but apparently I need a heavy dose of bridal to satisfy me! In fact, I am seriously considering getting a SUPER BIG dress for our 1 year and doing trash the dress pics in it, with DH as well. How big a nerd am I? Haha-don't answer that!

ETA:That would be PERFECT for a courthouse elopement. I would have loved it for mine!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results