shape
carat
color
clarity

DRESS DRESS DRESS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I have a confession to make...I am a 3 dress bride...
emcrook.gif

First dress, bought on ebay before i got engaged, brand new allure gown at a great price...
second dress, badgley mischka sample, beautiful but too small, i wanted to lose weight so got it anyway. a week or so ago I started getting nervous that i might NOT lose the weight and would then not have a dress! The badgley is currently on ebay and the allure will go up soon, I hope to make back what i spent! but anyway, i set up an appt with a bridal salon and found MY DRESS!
I am so in love with it. It is Marisa bridals but bears a striking resemblance to a Melissa Sweet gown but with a much nicer price tag! tell me what you guys think
emsmile.gif

dress pic 19987.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE it! It shows off your great figure to perfection. Your waist looks teeny weeny in it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it too! I think it''s gorgeous and it looks great on you!

...wants to know what the other two look like...

calidaisy

Shiny_Rock
i think the marisa dress is pretty and it does resemble melissa sweet''s dress--if that is what you''re looking for.
1.gif

however, as a two-dress bride myself, the practical side of makes me ask you whether you fully explored the option of altering the badgley mischka gown to your size. cuz, i think you end up losing more money and time trying to sell and buy a new dress.

calidaisy

Shiny_Rock
btw, i agree with frekechild.
show us how you look in the other two dresses.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2008 4:29:35 PM
Author: calidaisy
i think the marisa dress is pretty and it does resemble melissa sweet''s dress--if that is what you''re looking for.
1.gif

however, as a two-dress bride myself, the practical side of makes me ask you whether you fully explored the option of altering the badgley mischka gown to your size. cuz, i think you end up losing more money and time trying to sell and buy a new dress.
i didn''t fully explore the option of altering the badgely, but i don''t love it nearly as much as this dress. i might take a loss and take it as a lesson learned....

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
here is the allure... decided i didn''t want the ballgown type dress

dressyc489.jpg

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
oh wow, i really love the marisa....curious to see what the badgley looks like, but i can see why you would have changed your mind about the allure if this marisa is the one you really love. they are COMPLETELY different dresses!!

i love the train on the marisa too, love how it comes out from the side like that. those mermaid-type dresses with the sashey thing around the bottom always make for beautiful bustles too.

also, as a two-dress bride myself, i understand feeling a bit panic-y about the dress you have when there is another one that you love even more. not trying to enable, but i have had absolutely NO second thoughts about the second dress i bought. haven''t had much luck selling my first one yet (it was on ebay for about a month) but good luck with yours!!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
no pics of me in badgley, looks great on model, not that great on me. i ended up not liking the deep sweetheart neckline either

badge0098698.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Wowowowow! I LOVE the new Marisa!! Honestly - it is so flattering on you and will look stunning on your wedding day!! The Mila was one of my favourite MS dresses, and Marisa didn''t have her version out yet, so I was so excited to see yours!

Great choice!! Enjoy!! **

** By enjoy, I mean LOVE IT and maaaybe stop dress shopping now that it fits and you are in LOVE :)

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I think that the final dress is absolutely stunning on you. It flatters your figure and it is simple and elegant. I think you made the right choice.

I hope you get as money back as you can on the other two gowns, but even if you don''t, I don''t think you''ll reget your final decision.

You look awesome!!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Wow, love the Marisa gown! Looks fabulous on you! Third time''s a charm...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they are all gorgeous, but I think you''re making the right choice. Your body posture just looks more at home in the new one than the Allure gown. I think that both of the other choices are absolutely stunning (the detail on that Allure gown-WOW! and that Badgley Mischka-stunning) but you look just right in the Marisa.

Yay!

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE IT!!! It fits you beautifully and I agree that you look more confident in it. I also love the buttons down the back. Enjoy it!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY! You finally have a dress you love!! Congrats honey!! No worries on the three dress thing, it happens. I love this one MORE than all the others!! You are going to be such a HAPPY bride when you slip this one on!!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
You totally made the right choice IMO.

The allure looks like a quinceanera dress to me, and the 2nd looks a little busy.

The dress you chose is YOU
36.gif

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I think that Marisa fits you perfectly -- good choice!!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
thank you everyone for all the nice comments! I am definitely happy with my choice and don''t think I could find something I like more if i tried (and I promise I won''t try!)
10.gif

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
is that the store sample? it really, really fits you perfectly!

it looks great.
third time''s the charm!

calidaisy

Shiny_Rock
badgley gown is beautiful ... but i can understand how it may not look good on you.
as everyone said, marisa dress on the other hand is beautiful and flatters your figure.
congrats on having found "the one"!
1.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
thanks buttercup, mmm, and sabine!
yes, that is the store sample in the pic, it did fit pretty perfectly but they ended up ordering the next size up because my bust measurements were for a size 12, not the size 10 sample and the attendant said it did not zip up too easily. I'm worried that the 12 might be too big, esp since i hope to lose at least 5 more pounds, but they didn't seem to think it would be a problem making it smaller...we'll see

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like both. The BM is a bit too vavoom, it might just be how it fits the model, but that is a lot of chest showing! I think you cannot go wrong with either of the other two. Maybe you can wear one for the ceremony and one for the party?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results