shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress anxiety

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Do not worry about a thing! You totally rock that dress! Yes, it is a BIG purchase, but you love it!! Maybe it is unlike you to think so fast on a purchase and that it what worried you, but seriously.. DON'T WORRY its perfect! :))

pannini

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to everyone! I am a sucker for flattery. Look at me checking over and over on my thread. LOL.

The necklace is by Oscar de la Renta as well. The salesgirl was a dream and totally knew how to dress me up. I think I will try to emulate the look with a more affordable variation of the necklace... not sure where to look though!

Thank you so much for your kind kind supportive words. I am the type to calculate my spending and decision-making over a long stretch of time so it totally went against my normal way of doing things. It definitely rubbed me the wrong way to just buy something like that within 3 hours of trying it on!

I think the dress found me seriously. The once in a lifetime sample Oscar at a salon that I fell in love with (it was the first place I tried on dresses 5 months ago), and I kept thinking about the salon so I just had to go back. It really did find me!

Yippeee!

I am so giddy.

:appl: :appl: :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I too adore the chunky necklace in the last photo. With a birdcage veil or other non-traditional head piece 8)

ChloeLe

Rough_Rock
I didn't read all the posts but I must say I love your dress! I don't see how you can regret about your decision later, it's a stunning dress!

brandithib

Rough_Rock
The dress is absolutely lovely and looks amazing on you! I sort of had the same situation happen to me; I bought a dress 8 months before because I liked it enough, everyone said it looked great, and the price was right. Six days before my wedding, I bought a second dress and wore that one instead. Perhaps you'll love this dress even more once your wedding day comes... perhaps not... but whatever happens, things will work out and you'll look beautiful. :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
10 month is definitely not too far out to buy a dress, I bought mine 13 months out! Ditto what others said- is it practical? maybe, maybe not- but do you look stunning- is it a statement no one will forget? YES! My dress is fitten to the knee...is that really practical? no- but I love the way it looks on me and how it makes me feel.

ErinnM34

Rough_Rock
Your instincts were right- that dress is KILLER! You're simply having a normal reaction to a huge purchase and quick decision.

KEEP IT!!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
I'm late to the thread, but can I just say, 'DAMN'??! That is one AMAZING dress. The ruffles, the shape, the detail at the waist, the way it falls....everything about this dress is perfection. And best of all, you look amazing in it!

I can certainly understand fearing that you bought the wrong dress, because I had doubts about my own. But I realized (after some introspection) that the dress I ended up with was more me than the one I originally wanted (I felt like a million bucks on my wedding day!).

You're going to be a stunning bride!

AWicker

Rough_Rock
I loooooove this dress. Love, love, love. In fact, if you happen to change your mind about it, feel free to send it my way. ;))

I do have to disagree about the necklace, though. This is just my .02, but I think that the dress is really a statement piece on its own, and a bold necklace such as that one competes with the dress. I think a great pair of earrings and a bracelet on your left arm would be the perfect amount of jewelry for that dress.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! You look gorgeous in that dress! It's just perfect!

pannini

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I am still thinking about my Oscar everyday, and some days I wonder if it still is the one, but when I come on here, I feel like, YES it is it is...

Thank you.... oh but what about jewelry?! Shoes? Oh my!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW - you are stunning in that dress - it is THE dress for you. You look elegant and glamorous and special - you are a complete stranger and really, looking at your pics I teared up a little. So no more doubts or second-guessing yourself - you and your dress found each other. Now find the shoes and the necklace!

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
STUNNING! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results