shape
carat
color
clarity

DMBFiredancer''s Non-Pro Pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
I have so much to tell about my perfect day, but that will have to wait until another post. I did not stop smiling the entire day and I am still reeling from the excitement and feelings of LOVE and friendship from our friends and family. My parents are still here until tomorrow, then we are off to San Francisco for a mini-moon (We are going on a bigger trip in Dec or Jan.)

Hopefully I can post some of these correctly...I''ll try!

this one should be me walking down with my parents

156202765113_0_ALB.jpg

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
CLASSIC one!!!!! the officiant messed up - when it was my turn to say the ring she read FI''s part - I stopped her and corrected her. Then to let people know that I was ok with it I made a joke about it being the "teacher in me" to correct her. The laughter was priceless!

374762765113_0_ALB.jpg

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
CAKE! fresh strawberry filling - buttercream icing!
We ate some of the cake top last night with my parents and sister and froze just a small piece for next year.

240562765113_0_ALB.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats DMB! I was going to crash your wedding but decided not to.
2.gif
Hopefully the venue treated you well!

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Dance with my Dad - I thought I was going to sob through it all, but I stayed pretty strong. My Dad started crying and then started singing the song loudly. ("Could I Have This Dance?" by Anne Murray) I chimed in and we were singing it together. An amazingly special moment.
(Damn, I''m crying writing that!)

5569_1186619698620_1022114151_582944_958197_n.jpg

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
My dad ready to lose it seeing me and my sister (MOH) so happy. He is a man of very few words so his actions speak volumes to me.

701058765113_0_ALB.jpg

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 12:55:52 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Congrats DMB! I was going to crash your wedding but decided not to.
2.gif
Hopefully the venue treated you well!

You totally should have!!! I thought of you when Erin said to me "Man, you sure have some drinkers here!" ;-)

Thank you again for your help when I was planning. :)

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Ceremony site....I had no idea my friend did flowers on the aisle until I saw the pics today...LOVE them!
i wanted simple...this was perfect for me.

5569_1186616618543_1022114151_582871_2224845_n.jpg

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
The best turkey! There is a whole story that goes along with this little guy. Basically, he goes with us everywhere. he has a personality all his own. He was given to me by my FI the year we started dating. As a joke he called me a turkey and I said "but turkeys arent cute" and a few days later he appeared in my mailbox. When you squeeze his belly he gobbles and he has just been our little running joke our entire relationship. Our friends love him - its just hard to explain.

So naturally, he had to have a tux and his own card. Hell, at the last minute we decided to have the DJ announce him in the grand entrance because that''s just how weird we are(we had one of our bridesmaids and her groomsman carry him out - they did with honor!)

This little guy got more attention from people with cameras than anyone (except me, of course!) ;-)

5569_1186618538591_1022114151_582918_1989081_n.jpg

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
The ONLY thing I would have done differently would be to have the afterparty RIGHT AFTER the wedding was over. We had good intentions of having everyone at the hotel hang out on the sundeck, watch the sunset with some cocktails, and then head over to the bar where we had tables reserved at 8-830pm. Our reception ended at 4 and I was in no way prepared for how EXHAUSTED I would be mentally and physically after the reception. My FI and I were both wiped out. By 8pm we thought we were going to fall asleep but we rallied for a bit and then made it back at around 1130pm. The time from 4-8 was rough and I definitely would not have had that much time in between. We were so tired that we only stayed on the sundeck with friends for a little bit. They totally understood, but we learned a lesson about party planning - schedule the bar or afterparty right after the reception.

I have some more stories, but I will have to share them another time....time to get some sleep! I still feel like I am on a cloud, especially as pictures start to roll in. I keep crying over them, it truly was the most magical day of my life.

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful, touching pictures. Your dad seems like an amazing man, and I love your little turkey story :)

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hahah, LOVE the best turkey and that he got announced!! Sounds like you guys had a wonderfully fun and amazing day--CONGRATS!!!!
36.gif

Oh yeah, and honey, you looked absolutely stunning! You are a knockout, especially with that killer smile you were wearing all day!
9.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
OMG THE TURKEY!!

hahahaha

Looks like you had a beautiful wedding. Congratulations. The pictures are a great snapshot of your pefect day!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! What a beautiful wedding! Gobbles is adorable!! I love all the pics especially the one where your dad was about to bawl and then the one of you and him taken from the back. It got me all sappy seeing that photo!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 9:24:30 AM
Author: Luckyeshe
Congrats!! What a beautiful wedding! Gobbles is adorable!! I love all the pics especially the one where your dad was about to bawl and then the one of you and him taken from the back. It got me all sappy seeing that photo!
Me, too.....CONGRATULTIONS!!!!
36.gif

Lori

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful day! Both of you make such a beautiful couple. Your joy is so apparent!!!! I LOVE the turkey!!

Congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! You look SOO happy!! I love the turkey too...hysterical.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! You looked beautiful and VERY happy!!! Congrats!!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
You look beautiful!!! Your beaming with happiness...I love your smile
9.gif
Infectious!

Congrats of such a wonderful wedding (and I love the best turkey...very cute)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results