shape
carat
color
clarity

DIY invite questions

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
okay, so i'm doing these bad boys on my own. design, done. envelopes, done & done. i need to find the right paper to print them on. they will be a "one sheet," no backing or pocketfold. so, i thought 110# would be okay but i felt a piece of it today & i'm not sure. is that too flimsy? do i NEED a backing sheet? i need help!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I would need to feel that weight of paper to find out if its stiff enough, but if you have any doubt that they are too flimsy after feeling it then they probably are.

Did you already buy the paper or did you just feel a 110# stock in a store or something? From my limited understanding, there are two kinds of paper weight labeling- cover stock and text stock. 110# cover and 110# text are two different things. I believe the text stock is "lighter" feeling. So you may have bought 110# text stock and that's why it seems too flimsy. I'd say that 110# cover stock would typically be plenty. From my research, a lot of wedding invites are made on 80-110# cover stock.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the info, claritek...it was 110# index coverstock. from my google research last night, i believe (and could be totally wrong) that index is a bit thinner than other types of coverstock. so, i think that is what made it feel flimsier. after thinking more about it, i think it would "work" but i'd really like to find something a bit more substantial feeling since i'm not having a backer. i found classic crest cover 110#, which is 15 pt thick vs. the 9 pt index coverstock. think i could actually tell a difference or am i being too nit-picky?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I think you would definitely feel the difference between the 15 and 9 pt thickness. The 15 pt is 66% thicker than the 9 pt, definitely a difference! I'd say to go for it. I forgot about the index coverstock vs the regular coverstock, too! Glad you sorted out why it was too thin for your taste.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results