shape
carat
color
clarity

DIY invitations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond Confused

Shiny_Rock
has anyone ever used the blank DIY invitations that can be purchased at a craft store? Are they easy to print?

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
I bought mine at Target. They were pretty easy to print at home, but I did have to adjust my printer settings a little bit to make it a little higher quality since the paper was textured and thick.

Keep in mind though that professional printers can''t print on paper smaller than 8.5x11". I thought I would take mine to a printer, but everyone I called said it couldn''t be done since my invitations were already cut to 5.5x8.5". Not a problem though, they look just as good with my old home printer!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I purchased both my STDs and invitations from Michael''s. They''re part of the Gartner/Bride''s magazine line. You can see them in the DIY thread at the top of the BWW page. They were really easy to do. The templates are easy to follow and easy to customize. Gartner, the company that makes these invitations, has great and easy-to-follow instructions for setting up your printer to print on the paper and at the specific size. Gartner also has a free fonts program that you can download from their website which is great.

I highly recommend going this route if you want easy DIY invites. I added some extra touches to make them more unique (changed the ribbon color, added some color to the text, and lined the envelopes). The other thing that''s great is you can print directly on the envelopes (both RSVP and invitation) if you''re not having them done by hand. This was the perfect choice for me as I didn''t want to do labels but I couldn''t afford to have someone do calligraphy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results