shape
carat
color
clarity

Destination Dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies,

FI and I are getting married in Mexico this July. We were planning on doing it just the two of us, but I don''t think I could do that to my parents! Anyways, there will be 10 people there max and I don''t want to spend a lot of money on a dress. I tend to be drawn to "the finer things in life"
2.gif
and am very fashion conscious, but I can''t justify spending a lot of money for a dress that only a handful of people will see! I do want something that will photograph well.

I saw this dress on David''s website of all places and fell in love with it. I think it would be perfect for my beach wedding. What do you guys think? I have not tried it on yet...

Here is a link to see the full length...

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=3000&prodgroup=123

courtdress.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s very pretty. It would be perfect for a beach wedding.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I have seen this one in person and it is very lovely! if you click on the reviews of that dress, there are some pictres of real brides wearing it :)

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Its lovely. I would try it on in person firt though because it is my understanding that some of David''s stuff is good in real life and some is quite poor, so that should be the decider.
I love Mexico, where are you going to get married?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a lovely gown! I actually tried that one on, and another full lace sheath, and found that one to be a tiny bit unflattering because of the sash. For lack of a better way to put it, it was lumpy. It may just have been the sample dress, but I would definitely try that style on - it''s beautiful! .

This is the other dress I preferred , the S8551; http://davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=1889&prodgroup=10

It had very nice boning in it, but then, so did the one you''re looking at.
1.gif

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
that one is very very pretty for a beach wedding! i would totally pick that one if i was looking for a strapless, but for me i need the security of straps lol

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a lovely dress and I would have considered that if it had been available when I got married last summer, but I think it''s a fairly new style for DB. You really cant tell from a photo though. The most lovely dress in a photo can look like dogcrap on you, and the one that looks heinous on the rack can make you look simply divine. With wedding dresses, it''s all a crapshoot until you put them on.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results