shape
carat
color
clarity

Deepest apologies

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
For all of you who read my article post, I am so sorry. I am completely horrified that I offended anyone with that article that was absolutely not my intention. I feel sick to my stomach about it. In no way, shape or form do I think that any woman is “less” of a woman because of their size, be it small, large or anywhere in the middle. I really would like to apologize for my lack of judgment posting this, and I hope you all can forgive me. I am usually such a kind and thoughtful person I think my own struggle and frustration with weight loss in the past few years has clouded my judgment and perhaps even made me jealous of the women who are so blessed to be able to shop without fear. Again I am so sorry and I hope you all will not think less of me for this momentary lapse in reason.
15.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh, sweetie, don''t worry yourself about it! I didn''t like the author''s tone one bit, but that didn''t translate to me thinking anything about you for posting it! It''s not like the woman didn''t have a point - bridal shops should stock larger sizes in a wider variety of styles. Look at what our gorgeous Gwen said about finding a dress - how nervous she was, and saying she didn''t think she did the dress justice. Insanity! The pressure that gets to people that makes them say such crazy things needs to be examined. It really does. No woman should feel anything less than wonderful when showing pictures of themselves in their wedding dress.

And it sounds nuts, but believe me - no woman shops without fear! I used to go clothes shopping with a girl who was a size 0/2 without (seemingly) any work. For my super curvy, sometimes an 8, sometimes a 12 body (leaning more towards 12 then) it was the single most depressing experience of my shopping life. And, shockingly, it was hard for her too! While I was depressed by how slim she was, and how she could wear the cute t-shirts without worrying, she was upset by her lack of curves when we''d try on the same dress! Talk about a wake up call for me. We all have hang ups, we all have days when we hate looking into the mirror.

*hug* sweetie.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I read the article, and thought it was rude and offensive, but would NEVER think it of you! Part of posting an article is that you get to see it from someone elses angle. Those weren''t your words! Don''t be sorry - sometimes it''s good to hear how other''s view the same thing you do, and our discussion in the thread only led us to a better understanding of one another.

Piggybacking on what princess said, nearly every woman I''ve met has had tears in the dressing room, even the ones that have bodies I''d kill to have.
2.gif

Don''t give it a second thought!

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
I did think the article was a little rude (even tho I understand what she is saying) but I never thought the same of you! You just saw something in that article that you liked, and I can see what it was, and wanted to share. No worries!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Don''t be silly! No need to apologize
2.gif

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you all for understanding. I feel so much better now, I was sick to my stomach before, like the knot of dispair deep down. I get really upset when I feel like I have hurt or offended anyone. Sorry again and thaks for the kind responses!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 12:04:59 PM
Author: elledizzy5
I read the article, and thought it was rude and offensive, but would NEVER think it of you! Part of posting an article is that you get to see it from someone elses angle. Those weren''t your words! Don''t be sorry - sometimes it''s good to hear how other''s view the same thing you do, and our discussion in the thread only led us to a better understanding of one another.

Piggybacking on what princess said, nearly every woman I''ve met has had tears in the dressing room, even the ones that have bodies I''d kill to have.
2.gif

Don''t give it a second thought!

ditto!!! Don''t feel bad Laura!!
9.gif
No need to apologize
41.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh honey, no need to apologize! I thought the article''s author was rude, but I did not think the same of you. I completely understood your point as well, and I imagine it would have been a much better article if *you* had written it, instead.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 1:44:41 PM
Author: Haven
Oh honey, no need to apologize! I thought the article''s author was rude, but I did not think the same of you. I completely understood your point as well, and I imagine it would have been a much better article if *you* had written it, instead.

Ditto! You shouldn''t feel upset in the least!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i was not at all offended by this article, and i think you are one of the nicest people on this forum. no worries!

"It is a fact that outside of the New York fashion and publishing bubble and LA, very few women in American have the bodies of heroin addicted waifs. We are real women and we are built like real women"

i did not read this article to mean that only size 18 women are real women. i read it to mean, women are in all sizes.....a 0/2 (which has already been acknowledged by bridal salons) to larger sizes too (which have not been acknowledged by bridal salons). i think she is just saying "hey!! here we are!! there are a lot of us!! how about some samples of the gorgeous dresses that fit us too?" and that makes a ton of sense to me. also, it seemed like the anger in this article was directed toward the fashion industry where women are pressured to be tiny, rather than toward naturally thin women.

i am not a naturally skinny girl. i have to work at being thin, but i know that i would have REALLY work to be skinny. i would enjoy having the body of a heroin addicted waif, but i know that it could never happen and i don''t have the motivation. point is-i am healthy now but i''d love to be skinnier, and i do have the jealous/annoyed feelings toward the women who are better at getting thin than i am!! i think many of us have body issues and many of us are sensitive about articles that touch on size.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 11:59:42 AM
Author: princesss
Oh, sweetie, don''t worry yourself about it! I didn''t like the author''s tone one bit, but that didn''t translate to me thinking anything about you for posting it!
Same here
35.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree that there is no need for you to feel bad. It is the author who needs a swift kick up the bottom!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Laura, i didn''t see the article as a reflection of you personally, and i hope that my reply did not personally offend you either.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results