shape
carat
color
clarity

Copper/Bronze Bridesmaids dresses

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mountainrocks

Rough_Rock
O.K. I''m losing my mind.

Somewhere out there there must be copper or bronze colored bridesmaid dresses, or even non-bridesmaid dresses that my maids could wear. I''ve looked at every color I can find in the bridesmaids books and I''ve found chocolate brown and burgandy but no copper or bronze.

I''m getting married in October in the mountains and I''d really like to have the bridesmaids wearing pretty copper colored dresses. It''s a daytime wedding in an old church, semi-formal. In an ideal world the dresses will be semi-formal, tea length, and not strapless.

Has anyone seen anything like that in their shopping?

Thanks lots for the help,

mountainrocks.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
This one is considered copper, but not so sure...I think your idea is GREAT! I am imagining it and it sounds SO lovely!!

http://www.brideway.net/store/ahp3160.html

Here's an interesting article on new bridesmaids looks:

http://www.wixt.com/guides/wedding/attire_story.aspx?content_id=0C0B30C9-E31A-43EE-837C-826FC2BD5A2D

an excerpt:

"Popular colors this summer have been sand and stone along with more traditional periwinkle pale lavenders and pale greens. Looking ahead to fall, the palette turns darker and richer to include deep claret, mocha brown and more untraditional copper and gold. Even prints are on the block."

This dress comes in Copper...

http://www.thebridalshop.com/gb4922.htm

Another article regarding dresses and these earth tones metalics becoming popular:

http://www.modernbride.com/fashion/?ffb_fashtrendmbm0701.html

mountainrocks

Rough_Rock
That's amazing! I've been looking steadily for weeks and I hadn't found anything even close, I post here and within hours I have great leads.

I love this board.

Thank you so so much Nicrez.

So it sounds like I may be very cutting edge with the metallic dresses, (this is funny because I am usually the very opposite of cutting edge), I think I'll wait until the fall styles come out to pick anything, it's good to know that the colors I want are going to be popular soon.

I would love to find off the rack dresses that I can just tell people to buy. My bridesmaids are scattered all over the country, and two of them are first year lawyers, (very busy) so fittings and sizing will be a little annoying.

If anyone sees a copper dress while they're shopping, let me know.

Thanks,

M.R.

aliciamt7

Rough_Rock
I don't know if this is too brown for you, but Lazaro has a bridesmaid dress that has copper/bronze in it. Look at the color swatches with it, there's also a bronze, gold combo too!

I think that there's an option for one solid color as well, so maybe you can do all bronze, or whichever you see! It doesn't hurt to look.

http://www.lazarobridal.com/bridesmaid/fall2001/LZ6713.html

Good luck!

mountainrocks

Rough_Rock
I love those Lazaro dresses, I even went to look at them this weekend, they cost $970...each...
6.gif
That's as much as my wedding dress.

They are the perfect colors though, in person they're really beautiful. I hope that when the fall collections come out someone is doing a knockoff.

Thanks for the tip, I was so excited when I saw the pictures, I was a little worried when I saw the store in town that carried them (very posh and expensive), I almost passed out when they told me the price.

Edited to add: I just spent some time online and it looks like these dresses should be about $250-$350 each, still expensive, but not nearly what I was told. I'm going to call some other stores and try to get the real story.

aliciamt7

Rough_Rock
Yeah, when I saw your thread I immediately thought of these Lazaro dresses because I see them in tons of magazines and also a good friend used them in her wedding about a year ago. They were so pretty and they look great on everyone! I don't think that they paid anywhere NEAR what you were quoted!!! The $300 range sound about right, but keep looking, because I'm sure you may be able to find some deals somehow. It's possible that once summertime hits more of the fall colors will be coming out, so if you dare to wait til then, you may find more selection!

I am not one to talk anyway about getting bridesmaid dresses early, because I actually got my bridesmaids dresses already and my wedding is next March!!! Reason for this is because the style that my sister loved (she's my maid of honor) was getting discontinued in a few months and we wanted to make sure that she got it! Let us know what you decide!

Perhaps if you love the dress, you could call up a few stores (even online) after having your bridesmaids go to close stores by them that carry the style to see what size to order, and order the dresses through them. Try looking on theknot.com or weddingchannel.com to see if either site can help you find general pricing and local store information! Good luck and let us know how things turn out!

Alicia

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
hmmm. watters and watters' color chart is very small so it's hard to see, but they seem to have a satin that looks like copper (at least on my monitor!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results