shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridal Weight Loss Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the tip, MP! I''m gonna try the interval training then and see how that goes. My friends are starting to notice that I''m losing weight and looking good and it''s definitely a great motivator!! 15 more lbs to go!!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2010 8:26:58 AM
Author: Luckyeshe
Thanks for the tip, MP! I''m gonna try the interval training then and see how that goes. My friends are starting to notice that I''m losing weight and looking good and it''s definitely a great motivator!! 15 more lbs to go!!

I second the interval training tip! I found this burned so much more than just regular running on the treadmill or a normal elliptical workout. I actually posted in response to this when you originally posted, but my post didn''t post and I was at work and had to close out of the screen and didn''t get to try again. Try googling HIIT (high intensity interval training) if you want some good workouts to beat plateaus. Whether you''re on a bike, elliptical, or treadmill, the concept is the same in that you go at a normal pace for a certain length of time and then blast it at 110% for a short period of time, then repeat. It kicks your butt and is great for getting through a rut! Good luck!!

MP: I don''t think there is such a thing as a flabby 103 sweetie! And this is coming from a ''relatively'' small girl to begin with! I hope you do try out 30 day shred, it''s a butt-kicker! Even my hardcore workout freak FI said it kicked his bootie!

re: working... I am working about 11 hours a day at my law firm now and and am such a big sleeper as it is, I do NOT know how I could stand working out before going into the office. I''m just trying to adjust my dinner time to accommodate a workout afterward once I join a nearby gym. That''s going to take some serious discipline (not to mention pre-planning w/ bringing meals and gym clothes, ugh!) so I''m try to postpone that a bit towards closer to the wedding so I don''t burn out too quick!!

For all: Have any of you tried the bodybugg as seen on Biggest Loser?? My FI just got one (he is not overweight whatsoever, but is a huge bulky muscular military guy looking to slim down). That thing is AWESOME!!! I wish I could wear something similar w/ normal clothes and it could calculate all my cals burned throughout the day and I could also quickly input my food intake. He''s lucky in that he wears an Army uniform and no one can see it under his clothes! I''m so jealous! After just a few days wearing it, he''s like, holy crap, losing weight is HARD and if I was your size, I would just not be able to eat!! It''s so sad how few calories I get to eat compared to him and when I see him struggling it is so disheartening!!

Ughhhh vent over. Okay, back to the grind all. Trying to keep up on doing 30DS a few times a week and will let you all know how it''s goin! Keep up the good work everyone!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
I think I lost another lb. It''s weird, I weighed myself 2 days ago and I was 2 lbs heavier. I always weigh myself right when I wake up so it''s not like there is variations in food or time of day, but I will take it. Now I have 7 more to go!! Going to New Orleans for a girls mardi gras trip tomorrow and I am super going to focus on my portions while there so I don''t gain weight.

After I lose the 7 I may keep going. I am about 30 lbs more than I should be for my height but for some reason it works on me mostly. I have big hips and chest, but maybe I can lose 12 instead of 7. That will be the lowest I have been since I was 17-18, aka a decade ago!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Gals! I''m just started a diet and exercise plan a couple weeks ago so I thought I''d better join in here for some support! Let''s see, I''ll start with the basics. I''m about 5''5" and when I started two weeks ago I was at 133 lbs. I''m keeping my calories under 1200/day and putting two miles (walking and running) on the treadmill everyday. I''ve lost two pounds (which is my goal - to lose 1lb/week) so it''s so far, so good. My goal weigh is 115 for my wedding on the 3rd of July.

I need to incorporate some weight training. I''m thinking about buying a resistance band and getting a video to go with it. I''m not really interested in free weights. FI has equipment in our basement, but it''s a little too hardcore for me. Luckily, FI is trying to eat healthier and work out more too, so it''s nice that we have each other to stay motivated. I''m using the app "Tap&Track" on my iPhone. It''s awesome for keeping me within my exercise and calorie goal each day.

Anyway, thought I would introduce myself! Hi ladies!

FYI, FI and I went out for dinner tonight at Applebee''s and had entrees off their "550 Calorie and Under" menu. I had the Asiago Steak and he had the Shrimp Diavolo. Both were surprisingly good! The portions were just about perfect too! Now, the Bud Select 55 I had tasted like beer-flavored sparkling water. Bleh. I suppose if I want low calorie alcohol, I''d better stick to a glass of dry white wine.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone! I haven''t checked back in lately mainly because things have been so hectic lately, FI was in the hospital(nothing serious, hes ok, a bit scary, and it also lead to me eating like crap for a week and missing the gym!) I nervously weighed myself this morning, previously I was at 4.2lbs to go to reach my goal of my first fitting(next saturday!). I''m at 3.1! Down to 143.1! Ah :) I guess the stress of FI in the hospital, work, school, house hunting and dress stress has evened my poor eating habits out!

I started back at the gym yesterday after a week hiatus and had a ton of energy...I almost feel like maybe I needed that. It was refreshing.

FI thinks I''m crazy, but I''d like to see how close I can get to my ultimate goal by wedding day. Which would mean I have 8.2 lbs to go by my last fitting, which is the end of May. I''m really going to try to get there, but if I can just reach the wedding goal, i''ll be more than satisfied!

Congrats to all of you and your progress, its tough but we can do it!
36.gif

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Nov! Sounds like you''re well on your way :)

As for me, I''ve dropped another couple of pounds, which makes an 8 pound weight loss in the past 2 months, and a 17 pound weight loss in the past year and a half (thank goodness for boot camp!!!)

I have less than 5 pounds to go to reach my "goal weight" for the wedding that I NEVER thought I would get near...I have another 2.5 weeks before my first fitting so I think I have plenty of time. Thanks for your support ladies, and I''m glad everyone is keeping up all the good work!!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Ladies, it sounds like everyone is getting on with their workouts and their goals! Awesome job, everyone!

I''ve been MIA since I kinda stopped working out for about 2 weeks. Back on the wagon again tomorrow though! I''m still down by about 10lbs, but I really want to get to the next 15lbs off. Let''s see how I do in the next few weeks! Interval training, here I come!!

TG - I would recommend that you make sure to eat at least 1200 calories per day. At 5''5", if you eat less than that, your body may go into starvation mode, which will cause you to plateau early. Especially if you are working out, your body needs more calories than that to function. With workouts, you should be able to do 1400 calories per day. 1200 is generally for folks that aren''t working out. I learned this from a friend of mine who is a professional female body builder and has to drop pounds quick before a competition.

Good luck!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
I agree about the eating 1200 calories. That is REALLY low especially with working out. You might really mess up your body doing that. Maybe try 1400? I am doing 1500 and am losing weight in a really healthy way...about 1.5 lbs/week when I stick to it.

Good news...I lost another lb!!! This is the lowest I have been in a year. When I lose a few more I will be the lowest I have been since high school...aka a decade ago!!! I feel really motivated. I was on vacation for a couple weeks so it was hard to really accomplish anything but now I feel like I am back on track. I am ordering my wedding dress mid next week and then have 3.5 months until my first fitting. I will definitely NOT diet that long but man to get to my goal weight of 145 would be absolutely fabulous!! These last few lbs that have come off, I definitely feel tighter and less flabby which is really nice. How is everyone else doing?

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
So, I finally got cleared to drive (HOORAY) and went back to Weight Watchers two weeks ago. I''ve lost 5 lbs in two weeks, and overall, I''m down 8 of the 10 lbs I gained due to my injury.

Now only 30 to go ... oh well!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 10:20:59 AM
Author: shertz1981
So, I finally got cleared to drive (HOORAY) and went back to Weight Watchers two weeks ago. I''ve lost 5 lbs in two weeks, and overall, I''m down 8 of the 10 lbs I gained due to my injury.

Now only 30 to go ... oh well!
Awesome job, shertz!!! You can do it!!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Weight Watchers after Bodypump tomorrow -- nervous!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I did OK at WW -- 1 lb down. I can live with that, although I was hoping for two.

But I also want to share that Bodypump is a KILLER workout. Emphasis on kill. I feel like a truck ran over me! But in a good way.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies,

I've been off this page for awhile. The holidays really screwed me up.
14.gif

But I'm back to working out and eating right. Unfortunately, I've been sick for the last 4 days so I haven't been eating my 1200-1400 calories a day. Just don't have an appetite of any kind. It also hasn't been doing my workout any favors
7.gif
. Hopefully, I'll be over this cold or whatever it is in the next day or so seeing how I have to lose 10lbs by end the end of April to even attempt to fit into my dress (for those that saw my post about the dress, the dress maker made it about a 1.5-2" too small all around). Otherwise, I might be naked for my wedding, and no one deserves to see that
2.gif

Oh, and still doing the 30DS but I've motified it a bit so it's a bit longer in each circuit. I love how it kicks my butt. Doing 3 days of 30DS and 3 or 4 at the gym. I've lost 15lbs since September. 10lbs to go.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, ladies! Haven''t checked in on this thread for awhile. Looks like lots of us are making steady progress. Nice job!!

I''ve been on Weight Watchers for about six weeks and am down 8 pounds, so I am psyched! Halfway to my goal!

I feel totally clueless about some of these workouts... what is Bodypump? 30DS?? I''m primarily looking to tone up my abs and arms, so I was thinking of just doing yoga and light weight training, but obviously I have a lot to learn when it comes to all the different workout options. Anyone care to fill me in?

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Dang, I need some of your WW mojo. :)

Bodypump is a Les Mills workout routine -- basically, it''s different song tracks with different lifts. (You set up a lot of bars and plates b/c you need different weights for different muscle groups)

Track 1 -- Warmup
Track 2 -- Squats
Track 3 -- Chest
Track 4 -- Hamstrings/Glutes
Track 5 -- Triceps
Track 6 -- Biceps
Track 7 -- Lunges
Track 8 -- Shoulders
Track 9 -- Abs
Track 10 -- Cooldown

It is the BEST. In a month, I have lost a lot of jiggliness in my arms

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
So I have actually reached my initial weight loss goal....but I took one look at myself in my dress and I felt like crying. I''ve lost 17 pounds and am skinnier than I''ve been since college, but I still feel fat in my wedding dress.

I am so frustrated ladies--my second dress fitting is coming up on Sunday, but I don''t think I can lose enough weight before then to make myself feel better. I have a strapless dress and the way it cuts across the back is making me look like I have more "back fat" than I think I really do. I''ve lost another 2lbs since my first dress fitting, but this whole thing is making me frustrated--did I just pick the wrong dress? One that accented my flaws instead of covering them? I didn''t think so but now I wonder what I can possibly do. My fiance thinks I''m crazy, but of course he hasn''t seen me in the dress. My mom says that it won''t matter how much weight I lose, that it''s just how I''m shaped and I have to deal with it. Argh.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 7:32:04 PM
Author: Miya03
So I have actually reached my initial weight loss goal....but I took one look at myself in my dress and I felt like crying. I''ve lost 17 pounds and am skinnier than I''ve been since college, but I still feel fat in my wedding dress.

I am so frustrated ladies--my second dress fitting is coming up on Sunday, but I don''t think I can lose enough weight before then to make myself feel better. I have a strapless dress and the way it cuts across the back is making me look like I have more ''back fat'' than I think I really do. I''ve lost another 2lbs since my first dress fitting, but this whole thing is making me frustrated--did I just pick the wrong dress? One that accented my flaws instead of covering them? I didn''t think so but now I wonder what I can possibly do. My fiance thinks I''m crazy, but of course he hasn''t seen me in the dress. My mom says that it won''t matter how much weight I lose, that it''s just how I''m shaped and I have to deal with it. Argh.
Oh, Miya!! First of all - congrats on your weight loss. 17 pounds is amazing!! Second - I am so sorry you are feeling so frustrated, especially since it sounds like you have already worked so hard! It''s possible that what you are seeing is more in your head than in reality, but regardless - it''s important for you to feel good about how you look.

I can relate to what you are saying about how the dress fits you in the back. I tend to carry a lot of my weight in my upper body, so even when I lose weight, I still get bulges under my arms (I hate them the most!!!) and near my upper back. Regardless of what size I am, that''s always a trouble spot for me. So - I''ll just share with you what I''m doing; maybe it will help you out.

With the dress I picked (and LOVE), I may end up with some back fat, so... as a safeguard, I''m considering getting a bolero or shrug to wear over the dress if I *really* am still unhappy with how that looks after I lose the weight I want to lose.

Also, I''ve begun a toning routine with some light weights specifically focused on my arms and upper back. I can''t be totally sure it''ll make all the difference that I want it to, but I figure it can''t hurt!! I don''t know when your wedding date is or what kind of exercise routine you''ve already been following, but perhaps you can do something similar between now and your wedding.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
I just weighed myself today and I''ve lost 12 pounds since I started working out in January!!! Only 8 more pounds to go to reach my target weight (and 5 more months till the wedding!)

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Treasure and sorry Miya08...I do agree it is partly in your in head. I get like that too but people are not going to notice this stuff. Don''t worry too much...you are going to look beautiful!! Seventeen lbs is a ton!!!! Focus on how great you look.

I am back on the wagon...I got tired after dieting (on and off) for 5 months so I just went off. I did keep off my 11 lbs though and have 6-7 left for my goal. Hopefully I can stick to it and accomplish this. I feel like I have a mental block going lower than I am now as it is the weight I have maintained for many years.

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
Ok, sorry I was throwing myself a pity party...but I went to my second fitting, and the dress looks fantastic! I''m so relieved. I also lost another couple of pounds since the first fitting, so I''m down 20lbs (15 since Jan 1st!)

So I feel better about everything. Thanks for all of your support ladies, and keep up the good work!

frick I''m four months out. I should lose some weight
12.gif

Miya - glad to hear you''re feeling better since you''re latest fitting. A shrug or wrap is a great idea/back up plan if you still have any lingering concerns. My friend did that at her recent wedding, and it took away all her dress worries. Plus it worked great with the weather - outdoor wedding with a high of only 62.

As for me - I lost 5 pounds in 6 days. Unfortunately, those 6 days were spent in the hospital. I couldn''t eat anything for 4 of those days! Not a good way to lose weight, but maybe this is just the jump-start I need to get my butt in gear and get back on the plan I was last year that helped me lose 20 lbs.

I have 15 more to go before I start dress shopping.

pabarney

Rough_Rock
Height: 5'1"
Starting weight: (since getting engaged in May): 127 lbs
Current weight: 123.5 lbs
Goal weight (getting married October 30, 2010): 112 lbs (what I weighed when I met my fiance 5 years ago!)

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
Height: 5'' 5"
Starting Weight: 182 (engaged May 22)
Current Weight: 178
Goal Weight: just to fit in my dress but would love to be in the 160s possibly the 150s if I really work and am good about not eating those donuts!!! (Wedding Oct 16, 2010)

110 days

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Ok me too....

Height: 5'-3"
Starting Weight in 11/09: 167
Current Weight:154
Goal Weight: 148

Wedding Date: September 4, 2010...so 57 more days or something like that.

femmefetale

Rough_Rock
Hey ladies, I've been lurking on site since April and just finally signed up. Getting married August 7, 2010 and I have been trying to hit the gym like crazy so here it goes for me:

5'6"
starting: 135 in April
Current: 130 +/-
Goal: 125 (why is 5 lbs so darn hard?)

I dont know if anyone has tried Zumba, but it is really great, and helps mix up the workouts. Its also great because its similar to interval training. They are always mixing up the intensity so the body gets fooled :) I love it!

coco3

Rough_Rock
Bellabijoux,

You're probably having a hard time with the last 5 lbs precisely because you are working out so hard. Muscle weighs more than fat, so when you convert that last bit of fat into muscle, the scale isn't changing as dramatically. However, you're probably looking great, so try to focus on how you're clothes are fitting or how you look, which is harder to judge!

I just got engaged last month and we set the date for April 23, 2011, so it's a bit early, but if I want to go dress shopping I feel like I need to be in top form.

Height: 5'4"
Currently: 122.5
Goal: 115

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
nkarma said:
Ok me too....

Height: 5'-3"
Starting Weight in 11/09: 167
Current Weight:154
Goal Weight: 148

Wedding Date: September 4, 2010...so 57 more days or something like that.

I have lost 2 more lbs...so now at 152. 5 weeks and few days until we leave for our wedding. It would be great to lose 2 lbs/week...but prob a little unrealistic.

I don't know what you girls are doing, but what actually works best for me is cutting out alcohol completely. It is hard when all of your friends are chilling with a beer, but it's worth it.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
10 weeks to go, 8 lbs to go. A diet revamp has done it for me -- I've gone from eating healthy to literally going "green" and eating mostly veggies and fruits, with some protein thrown in. And of course lots of working out -- starting a new bootcamp tomorrow morning. I hate starting new things, but need to make sure that dress fits!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results