shape
carat
color
clarity

Beach theme invitations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know of a good site for invitations with a beach theme? I''ve found the following sites, but want to see as many variations as possible as I may just make my own
1.gif

http://www.hanahouproductions.com/

http://www.handmade-invitations.com/invites_beach.htm

http://www.mypersonalartist.com/

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
CHeck out these sites.

http://www.princessweddinginvitations.com/index.asp
http://www.rexcraft.com/order/index.cfm
http://www.invitationswithstyle.com/index.asp?site=73&sid=990659151D187CB5BB49F673
http://www.theamericanwedding.com/index.asp?site=73&sid=990659161D187CB5BA08B530

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
S'alright. Noticed there weren't any replies and I knew I had a stash of examples somewhere.

Just paying it forward!
1.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Researcher ~ you might try http://www.paperstyle.com, if I'm remembering correctly, I saw quite a few beach themed invites there. Good luck!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Teebee! I can't seem to find designs with embossed plumeria or sea shells (that are classy)--maybe this site will do the trick!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm... I'm trying to remember what website I saw invitations like you are describing ~ sounds like you are wanting something fairly understated? Not sure if the paperstyle.com website had much to offer ~ seems like a lot of their tropical/beach items were pretty bold w/ very colorful graphics, which is kinda what I'm going for, but may not be what you're after. Maybe it was finestationary.com that I saw quite a few that were embossed w/ a beach theme? I did see this one on paperstyle.com that I really liked:

PalmMossGatefold.jpg

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Okay. I've been searching for a long time to find the perfect invitations for a formal ceremony (church on the beach) and informal reception (yacht), and think I may have found them. What do you think of these? I will use different wording--of course--but I think they're a good mix of formal and informal that brings in the beach theme of our California wedding.

Beach Invitations.jpg

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Are they that too ugly to comment on or something?!?! I like them a lot, but I just want to see if other people think they're nice!

Cookiedough

Rough_Rock
From a fellow beachlover, I think the first one you posted is perfect.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
I like both of them! But, for a combination of formal and informal that you will have for your wedding & reception, I prefer the first one. To me, it is classy without being too stuffy.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Yea! Thank you for the replies!!! I've ordered samples of both invitations, so hopefully I'll be able to make a decision then. I just wanted to make sure people didn't think they were really ugly/inappropriate or anything!

Thanks again!!!!!!!!

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Both look really nice. Did you decide on one of them?

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Hi, EP6585!
No, I haven't decided on one yet as it takes FOREVER for them to send the stupid samples. I think I'm going to go with the one with 3 shells, but it depends on how it looks in person.

So how goes your setting? When will you have the finished ring?!?!

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
GOG sent the diamond to Vatche last week to be set. They said it would take around four weeks to complete. Going by that I should get it around the 15th of August which is early enough since I plan to propose during our vacation the week before Labor Day.

Even though I'm in no hurry the wait is still killing me.
8.gif

Vatche still hasn't listed the setting on their website.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Another month?!?! I can see why the wait is killing you! I can't wait to see the finished product either, as I know the setting will be spectacular! I also keep checking their website for the setting, but I guess you must be the first to get it (think they'll use your ring as the example? Think you can get money off if they do?)!

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Vatche's recent two week vacation added to the wait. They probably had a backlog of orders because of it.

Marie at GOG said Vatche told her they'd have it on their website sometime near the end of July. I'll post pics when I get it. Maybe GOG will put it on their website gallery.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Have you gotten the invitation samples? Made a decision yet?

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Nope. Like you, I am stuck waiting--thanks for asking though! I have no idea what takes so long (I mean, they don't have to print them or anything), but whatever. I did get my "save the date" cards though! So, I can keep myself busy by addressing them all.

Any news on your ring? Seen any pics?

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
No news. GOG is still on vacation and Vatche's website hasn't posted anything about the new settings.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Well, on the positive side you don't have to worry about being anxious to pop the question because you're holding onto the ring yourself!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
That's easy--propose or lock the ring up somewhere so you won't be tempted.

BTW, I just got the invitation samples! The single sand dollar is nice, but the one with three shells blows it away! There is UNBELIEVABLE detail on it, and it looks truly elegant with the border. It's perfect!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw this quite late but we used mypersonalartist and chose her palm tree invitations and printed them at home, they came out perfect...I copied her idea and loved the final outcome. In the end though I wish I'd have had her print them, that took forever and it would have been worth the extra $200.

I looked far and wide for invites I liked, even created my own but in the end I liked her theme the best. She has TONS...and they are not just in one section of her site but are all over!!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Mara~
I saw those invites (see the link in my first post), but they were a little too informal for me. I've saved her site in my "favorites" folder though because I think they would be GREAT for a beach party! I just think that it's important to inform people about your theme AND your level of formality from the start. The fact that our wedding is taking place in a church (I'm even wearing a dress with a cathedral train) I don't want people to think that they can show up in hawaiian shirts. Thanks for the info though! I just finished ordering my invitations and can't wait to get the proofs! BTW, did you just use standard print or emboss the print? I was thinking about doing the printing myself, but felt that it was nicer to have the raised ink (and felt it would be too difficult to sprinkle the embossing powder on the ink before it dried).

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually she had various palm tree themes and the ones we chose were not informal...they were done with golden print tied with raffia and jute ribbon. They fit the mood perfectly as we did not want anyone showing up in shorts either! I will post a picture of ours..also Michelle has a picture of the ones she did on her website under 'Hot off the Press'.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results