shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have pics of their wedding programs???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok ladies, my missing bridal gene is coming out in full force today...

I decided that to make it easier on me, I will have the people who are making our marriage certificate also make the programs. Their format for the certificate looks fantastic, so I am sure that the finished product will look great.

BUT the problem is, I have NO idea what is supposed to go inside! lol. It is a non-religious ceremony, with very few participants, and one short reading. Do I even NEED programs? Do any of you guys have pics of your programs?

THANKS!
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Neatfreak!

I dont have pics of my programs yet...they are coming tommorrow! Anyway, we are having a short ceremony as well, but the format for our programs was:

Front cover: "The Marriage Celebration of" (Our Names), the date and place underneath

Inside left: List of "Wedding Participants": Officiant, Mother of bride, Father of bride, Mother of Groom, Father of Groom, Best man, Maid of Honor, groomsmen, bridesmaids, string trio''s name

Inside right: Order of events...Just a short list of what will happen at the wedding...Greeting, Invocation, Declaration of Intent, Vows, Unity Candle Lighting, Exchange of rings, etc..

Back: We wrote a thank you to our family and friends, and then I put one of my favorite quotes about love underneath that....

I will try to post pics of them when they come. Hope that helped!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had a nonreligious ceremony too. A picture should be in my wedding thread found .here

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I am have an ''Order of Service'' for my non-religious ceremony.

Not printed yet, but will follow a formal English one, so will be:

Cover: Our first names, venue, date and time

Inside Cover: Blank

Inside Pages (4 max): Prelude - title, composer

Processional - title, composer

The Indroduction

Reading 1 - author, book - Reader

Marriage Declaration

The Asking

The Vows

Reading 2 - author, book - Reader

Exchange of Rings

Pronouncement of Marriage

The Signing of the Register

Music 1 - title, composer - singer

Music 2 - title, composer - singer

Closing

Recessional - title, composer

Names of singer, organist, musicians etc

As religious ones take up loads of space for hymns, prayers etc we are going to fill up the remaining space with the history of the place we are getting married in - it dates back to the C11th so should take up a bit of room!

We will probably add some poems or quotations between the different parts of the ceremony, so it doesn''t just look like a big list!

Back Inner Cover: Blank

Back Cover: Blank

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We haven''t thought of programs yet, but Pandora, would you mind if we followed yours when we''re at that stage?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
For ours, I think I borrowed something from every wedding I''ve ever been to -

Cover: Our names, date and location
2 (Inside cover): Names of grandparents, parents, solist, readers, officiant
3 (Front insert): Order of ceremony events
4-5 (insert center-fold): Sole this from a friend - we listed the members of our wedding party with a description of how we met and why their friendship is important to us. Guests said they really enjoyed reading this.
6 (back insert): "In Memory of" - the candles in our gazebo were in memory of our grandparents who were "with us today in spirit," / and a note at the bottom of the page explaining the bells we passed out (to be rung after we were pronounced husband and wife).
7(inside cover): Directions to the reception
8 (back cover): Our names and new address

We just printed this all at home - I bought bi-fold programs (Wilton, the DIY brand Walmart carries, I got mine 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby) and nice ivory paper for the folded insert, the font color was a deep aqua to match our wedding colors - spent about $15 total for 100. The program was a little longer than the norm, but I decided after attending a friend''s wedding solo that long programs are reaaaaally nice when you''re sitting alone for 20 mins waiting for the ceremony to start!
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys, those links and ideas are super helpful. Mandarine, some of those programs from the program gal''s bio is exactly what I want!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Our programs were super simple and super last minute. The materials cost like $40, but I think they turned out pretty.

They were printed on 1/2 sheet of ivory card stock (like 4.25'' x 11'''') with black ink. My coordinator did them on her computer.

They said

Front:

Our names
The date
And then all the stuff in the ceremony (Seating of grandparent, parents, vows, all that (And we listed what music was playing))

Back:
The names of our officiant
Parent''s names
Grandmother''s name
Bridal Party names
Musician names
A little thank you message
And our new address

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results