shape
carat
color
clarity

Alternate to BM Luncheon?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
My grandmother wants to give a luncheon the day before the wedding for all the girls in FI''s and my family. However, I feel like we will have too much to do the day before the wedding. We thought about doing just BMs the week before, but all of us are too far apart (MS, SC, KY), so that won''t work. She really wants to do something for me, but I can''t think of anything that we would have time for and when everyone would be in town.

She lives in the town we are getting married in, but no one else does, myself included. So planning for her won''t be an issue, just what to plan.

Any ideas, ladies?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Do the luncheon the day before. It gives you a minute to breathe and have fun in between the other stresses. I did mani/pedis lunch with my BMs the day before and delegated a ton of stuff to DH and his crew. Everything turned out fine :)

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
How sweet of your grandmother. I think you should do it. Maybe you could have a brunch thing that would start a little earlier, like 11-2pm. It''s such a nice idea.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
What a nice thing for your grandmother to do. I know if feels like it would just be another obligation now, but I bet by the time it comes around you will be grateful for the downtime. It''s actually nice because it forces you to budget time for yourself to relax a little. I think you should do it!

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
I really wish I could do it, but I really don''t think we can. The wedding starts at 10:30 in the morning, so all the finishing touches to the site have to be finished Friday. So all the manis and pedis will also have to be done Friday.

As for Thursday, not all the BMs will be in town until late that night, so that''s out.

I was hoping to find an alternate to doing a luncheon because I know how much she wants to do this for me, and I don''t want her to think I''m ungrateful for the offer. I''m certainly not, I just don''t want to be stressed attending it when I need to be doing other things.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know that you''re stressed about doing all the things the day before but I would really try to have it. Even if it only goes on for an hour and has finger food-it''s a great way for all the girls to get together and it would be really exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results