shape
carat
color
clarity

“Coming soon” to my finger...CBI 2.66 K VS1 tapered baguette setting...

L

lydial

Hi PS! I came here about 5 months ago looking for advice to reset 10 x 10 point MRBs from my wedding band into a floral cluster. I ended up designing a cluster ring with Steven Kirsch and bought a 1.15 ct K VS2 to anchor the center of the cluster... this ring is also in the works and “coming very soon”!

In the meantime, I decided somewhat spontaneously to resell my 1.58 60/60 H VS2 (in my avatar, not my original e-ring stone... I broke that one... never loved this replacement one... all white, no sparkle!) through Wink at HPD (actually through the amazing Layla... I have never spoken to Wink but I am sure he is great!) and recreated my engagement ring with the biggest CBI I can afford. In this case a 2.66 K. And my original baguette pair. Same setting design but with split prongs. I also came here for setting advice. I think it came out beautifully!

And... I have really big bones and joint issues, and thus... this ring size is 9 1/4. It will be worn solitarily on my LH with my new SK as a thin stack on my RH as my wedding set. I do have a plain milgrain platinum band to wear with it if it strikes my fancy.

Also: alot of folks here seem to be completely against the K color due to being color sensitive...... it turns out I am personally really not. I love the tinted diamonds. My K for my cluster, granted only 1.15 ct, was so blinding clear I could see no color at all. And my spouse is actually truly color blind. My son is also sight impaired (not blind but impaired). It is just our family I guess! And I just want something big that really really sparkles...also I have several close friends with tinted K to M diamonds and I adore them. They just sing to me! That being said with the HPD upgrade clause I can easily upgrade in the future if something bigger and even more sparkly strikes my fancy, if my ship comes in!

So, I am waiting to accept receipt of this until next week due to my travel schedule but here are the “Glamour shots” below! (Note: the ones where the stone is straight are the final orientation; the tilted ones were a bench miscommunication.) We can all analyze and pick apart the K color when I have my ring! I am big girl, I can handle the PS opinions ! So I will post pics then. The pics below with the red and purple show the most tint. I have a pale freckle and almost yellowy complexion so we shall see how the tint shows on me!

Many thanks to Layla Rezvan (aka Gypsy) who orchestrated this whole plan with me. So... Without further ado..

9AECDFF6-367C-4AF7-BE86-07D57719EC51.png ABB8CEE4-DC14-4BFB-BEF7-F0FAA42CA16E.png 21287C30-6AD0-487C-A219-979E673A6B67.jpeg 76784B0C-0367-4880-8B5E-F2DCADB18C9C.jpeg 0C723CAE-F725-4DE8-9927-26CCA0AFF4BA.jpeg 56D88538-BE4B-4BCC-B698-79AEFED59889.jpeg DE68A806-9CF3-4C99-AC25-7961DBDEA848.jpeg A4164C1E-791A-4170-9CF3-8082CD297999.jpeg

L

lydial

PS... I want to thank everyone who helped on all of my prior threads. I am sorry not to go through for shout outs for everyone but you are all amazing and I am so grateful for this forum! In addition I am wondering whether @RainbowSeekingGoat has her new ring yet? Similar style!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous!!! I can’t wait to see it on your hand!!! :love:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!! Beautiful stone, and what a classic and elegant setting!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s really beautiful. :love::love::love: Laila is the best. If you love it, that is all that matters. Congratulations!!!

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
So gorgeous, amazing choice with CBI...

mermaid

Rough_Rock
I'm drooling over the beauty of your ring. 8-)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is blindingly beautiful! That diamond is amazing!

Can’t wait to see it on you!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond and ring :love:.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! Blessed are those that can handle and embrace color in diamonds - your reward is a gorgeous, large stone! What shines above all else is a beautifully cut diamond and you are surely going to have one. Can't wait to see hand shots - congrats!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As someone who is also colour insensitive, I think it’s absolutely gorgeous :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful and K is for KnocKout, KicKing it yassss and Kaleidoscope of wow.:love:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely stunning!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CLASSIC!:love: BEAUTIFUL! :love:STUNNING!:love:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a gorgeous stone!! :love: I love the classic setting and those dainty double claw prongs, too! Gosh, I can hardly wait for you to receive it so you can post more photos of this beauty. Congratulations on an amazing choice... you and Layla knocked it out of the park!

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
This is so stunning and classic! I've seen a CBI K before, and the color is there from the side, but negligible. I can't wait to see it on your hand!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is absolutely beautiful. And the proportions of center stone to baguettes are perfect.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s ga ga ga gorgeous! I can’t believe that’s a K. I had a .37 CBI K but it was small I traded and ended up with a G. There was nothing wrong with the K color because it had so much fire and scintillation.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this takes my breath away.. this stone and ring are perfect.. 2.66 HPD diamond I can't wait to see it on your hand! congratulations, I'm thinking of going this way when I buy my next ring! thank you so much for sharing.. I think people like me and you who love SPARKLE share beause we know it's not the money but the sparkle and bling that lures us... your ring sings to me.. THANKYOU!!!

Kate

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
:love:Wow!!!! It’s gorgeous!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! :love: And that's one of my very favorite classic settings! Can't wait to see more pictures when you get it!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Simply beautiful. A knockout diamond in a knockout setting. Congratulations, I can't wait to see the hand pics.

:love::appl::love:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Your stone is drop-dead gorgeous, and I love the simplicity of the setting to accentuate that monumental sparkler. I'm with you, the lower colors don't bother me at all, but the exquisite nature of the cut diminishes the color imo. LOVE IT!!! :kiss2:

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
It’s absolutely gorgeous!! I can’t wait to see hand shots!! Love!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results