shape
carat
color
clarity

Zoe''s honeymoon pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
As many of you know, we went to Quebec City for our honeymoon. It''s a beautiful city, and considering it''s the 400th anniversary/birthday, I figured it would be really busy. It wasn''t though -- not until this past weekend.

We arrived a day late, but it was totally worth cancelling a night in QC to spend one more day in Maine before leaving. We hung out by the pools with family who stayed as well, and it was so much fun. I highly recommend not leaving for your honeymoon right away. We really needed a day just to have fun and not rush to be somewhere.

QC is so pretty, and I found that many, many pictures I took are closeups of hanging flowers and ivy on buildings. The colors of shutters, doors, flower beds, etc., are so vivid - much more so than we have here in the US. The architecture(sp?) is amazing.

We spent 7 nights in QC, and we walked and walked and walked for much of that time. That''s a really good thing, because we also ate and ate and ate much of that time as well. We discovered that we''re not huge fans of traditional French cooking. We saw many menu items such as foie gras, rabbit, veal sweetbread [which has nothing to do with bread, by the way], and duck. It''s not our taste, so we were pleased to find other options to suit our tastes.

Okay, on to pics.

Enjoy!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had to post these first because the first one is my engagement ring and wedding band from WF -- finally together. The second pic is one of two weddig bands we got from Boone Rings. We originally ordered a ring with a brushed finish but we didn't love it, so we ordered a second, polished, ring. We never returned the first one, so now he has two. They're really inexpensive though, so it's okay.

ETA: this pic got a little fuzzy when I resized it. Oh well.

new bling.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We ate lunch at a restaurant at the top of the Montmorency Waterfalls, which was a fun place to check out. That''s where this pic was taken.

hubbys ring on menu.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are the waterfalls. There''s a suspension bridge right over the falls that you can walk across. It gives you a great view. You can also choose to walk up the steps to get to the bridge, but it''s a ridiculous amount, so we chose to drive to the top, eat lunch, and then walk across the bridge. You can also take a gondola up.

Montmorency Waterfalls.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the hotel we stayed at. The older part of the city (the "walled" part) is divided into upper and lower sections. We stayed in the upper part (the "haute ville," I think -- sorry, I don''t speak French and I forgot to look up the spelling).

hotel in QC.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s City Hall, which was right across from our hotel (the left side of city hall was across from us, actually). I love the huge flower pots in front, and the ivy is gorgeous. At night, the flower pots light up, which is kind of cool.

does your city hall look like this.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the view of city hall that we had from our room.

view of city hall from hotel room.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is another view from our hotel room. It''s kind of hard to see if you don''t know what to look for, but if you look towards the left you might be able to see a few silos and what looks like an industrial park. The silos displayed/projected QC''s history on them at night, and music accompanied the pictures. We saw this from the boat cruise that we went on, but the pictures didn''t come out well.

view from room.JPG

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
Everything looks gorgeous, starting from your wedding set to the gorgeous architecture... and you gotta love that ivy, so pretty!

I''m jealous! I can''t believe you passed up the traditional French dishes - rabbit is divine... as are snails and froggies legs!! YUM!

I''m glad you had a lovely time.... are you recovered or still exhausted from everything?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the view we had of the Chateau Frontenac and the walled city from the dinner cruise we went on. The dinner cruise was fun, but it lasted a little too long. I did get my new husband to dance with me a few times, and that was fun. The views from the boat were gorgeous.

QC at night.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Claireablle! I''ll reply as soon as I''m finished posting. I''m glad you like the pics!

Here''s the Chateau Frontenac. It''s gorgeous, and it towers over the city. We had an amazing brunch there the day we left. Yum!

chateau frontenac.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
As I said earlier, we stayed in the upper part of Old Quebec. This pic was taken on one of the days we strolled around the lower part (the "basse-ville" I believe). There are so many shops, restaurants, and art galleries to see.

You can see the tracks (and the cable car) of the funicular, which is a cable car/tram system you can take to get between the upper and the lower sections. You can also take the "break neck stairs," but who are we kidding? It was all tram, all the time, for us.
9.gif

ETA: you can also see part of the Chateau Frontenac in the upper left corner of the pic.

view of funiculair to upper part of old QC.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hopefully this one will go through. It keeps saying "undefined" when I try to upload the pic.

We took half of one day to tour the Isle of Orleans, which is a short ride from QC. It''s a really pretty island.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was doing so well too. Let''s try that again. Here''s another pic from the island.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh. Okay, clearly you''re not going to see these couple of pictures. I''ll move on to something else.

We went to the Charlevoix region one day, which is about an hour and a half from QC. It''s a large region, and we only explored one little town. The town we went to is called Baie St-Paul. There were hills, mountains, and the sea all around -- it''s so pretty!

stranded boat in Baie St Paul.JPG

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful pictures! Sounds like you had a lovely time! Congratulations on getting married!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, it worked! I think I figured out the problem I had earlier. I''ll work on it soon.

Here''s a pic of us in Baie St. Paul

us in baie st-paul.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this picture because it''s so colorful. These are kayaks. We didn''t go kayaking but I loved the bright colors, so I took several pictures. Here''s one.

colorful kayaks.JPG

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I love the photographs!

I also love Quebec!
30.gif
Quebec City and Montreal were two places my parents tooks us often when we were kids (we''re from Mass so its not too, too far) and I have the fondest memories.

Whereabouts in Maine are you? My parents have a place in Cape Elizabeth--I was just there this past weekend.
9.gif

Thanks for sharing!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! Here''s one pic of the island I was telling you about earlier.

isle of orleans.JPG

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
QC looks lovely!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic of the blanket of yellow flowers that were all over the island. We stopped at a farm stand and bought strawberries to munch on as we drove. This was one of our stopping places.

lovely yellow.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let's move on, shall we?

The next few pictures are just a few I have of the flower pots and flowers we saw everywhere. I love the colors, and the combination of bright color with the texture of the stone buildings was so pretty.

smaller pic of flower pots.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

gorgeous orange flowers.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

pretty stone building and flowers.JPG

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow it looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t realize that the picture above is the last one. I have several more, but I won''t bore you. I think you get the idea. QC is such a wonderful city, and Anchor is so lucky to live there. I''m not sure if these did the city justice but I tried to capture my most favorite spots. Thanks for looking!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m loving the pictures! I''m so glad you enjoyed Qc.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 9:17:38 AM
Author: claireabelle
Everything looks gorgeous, starting from your wedding set to the gorgeous architecture... and you gotta love that ivy, so pretty!

I''m jealous! I can''t believe you passed up the traditional French dishes - rabbit is divine... as are snails and froggies legs!! YUM!

I''m glad you had a lovely time.... are you recovered or still exhausted from everything?
Hi Claireablle!

I''ve actually had rabbit once, when I was younger. My mom kept teasing me as I was eating, muttering "Thumper, Thumper.." under her breath the whole time. It kind of turned me off from trying it again. I like many different types of food, but I''m just not into the real fancy stuff. Neither is my husband. I wish I was more adventurous in that way.

We''re pretty much back to our regular life, although we''re still doing laundry and unpacking. We don''t feel any different now that we''re married. I wasn''t sure if we would. My husband took this week off from work as well, and I have the summer off from teaching, so we''re still lounging around.

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
Loving the rest of those pics.... especially the field of tiny yellow blooms! How gorgeous!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results