shape
carat
color
clarity

Zoe in her wedding dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Surfgirl, this one''s for you...
9.gif

zoefront.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the back (sorry the quality isn''t too great). I was hoping to get a good shot of the detailing in the veil but it didn''t work.

back of zoes dress and veil.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
zoe,

I love, love, love the detailing on your dress! That train is to die for!

Thank you for sharing with us!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the bodice.

zoebodice.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Harleigh! I know the quality isn''t too great but at least hopefully you get the idea. Funny you should mention the train. I am 90% sure the dress I tried on didn''t have a train. I''m pretty sure I commented that I liked that feature (or non feature I guess). I also remember saying that I wouldn''t want a train anyway because I''m so short and I thought it might look funny, especially when bustled. The bustle will surely add more booty to what I already have, and I have quite enough, thank you.
9.gif
Oddly enough, when the girl pulled the dress out of the bag so I could try it on, there was a train. Hmmm. It''s no big deal. Sure, I could complain but it''s not that big of a deal. So I''ll need someone to bustle it for me...no biggie.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh Zoe it looks so pretty! I''m normally a train hater too, but because that one has such nice detailing, I say embrace it!

May I offer one tiny suggestion? Have you thought of pinching the top of the dress to make kind of a sweetheart neckline? I think it would be really flattering and would also show off the girls in a very nice way too!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m off to the gym so I can''t post more, but the only other one I may post is a close up of the veil. We''ll see how it looks when I resize it.

Oh, I should mention, I was beyond thrilled when I tried on the dress and it fit perfectly. I have no idea if I can sit down, but I''ll worry about that later. I was soooo afraid of the dress not fitting. I am also thrilled that it''s REALLY loose in the bust. I swear, that NEVER happens.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh, no, I actually think it's lovely, and it totally makes your dress! There's something about matching the waist detail to the train that ties it all together IMHO. I think it will look fantastic bustled, and don't think it will add to much to your, ahem, well, BOO-TAY!
9.gif
As one of my closest friends always says...nothin' wrong with a lil' junk in the trunk!

You are going to be a beautiful bride for sure, and I'm so excited we actually got to see pictures of you in it finally!
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Neatfreak!

Of course you can make a suggestion! I never would have thought of altering the dress to a different neckline. As I mentioned, the top is huge on me, so once it''s altered, it will be more fitted and snug against the ladies. You''d still opt for the sweetheart neckline?

Okay, I''ll be late to the gym if I don''t log off now but I''ll be back later.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
hahaha don''t worry, a bustle doesn''t add to the booty!! i don''t ever think anyone would think "umm why is her butt drooping down there around her knees??" I think a french bustle would look great, a good seamstress should be able to make it so that when you bustle it, the pink trim around the bottom makes one nice straight line from the front around the to train.

the lace looks really beautiful in that up-close shot!!
21.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 4:37:35 PM
Author: zoebartlett
Hi Neatfreak!

Of course you can make a suggestion! I never would have thought of altering the dress to a different neckline. As I mentioned, the top is huge on me, so once it''s altered, it will be more fitted and snug against the ladies. You''d still opt for the sweetheart neckline?

Okay, I''ll be late to the gym if I don''t log off now but I''ll be back later.

I''m a big fan of sweetheart necklines on us more busty ladies! Just give it a try, all the dress shop has to do is pinch it on the inside with a clip and see if you like it! It''s a nice thing as you can see pretty readily if you''ll like it or not before any alterations are done.

But my opinion is that it often looks really great with dresses that don''t have a ton of "stuff" going on up top, as it adds just a touch of visual interest and makes the ladies look perkier too!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Zoe, you look beautiful! I can''t tell if it''s just my computer, but does the veil match the coloring on the bottom of the train? If so, that is a really neat effect!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
GAH! Knockout! You look so gorgeous in that dress. I liked it on the hanger, but it is way more beautiful on you than it was on the hanger. And I love the train...the shot from the back is to die for.

Personally, (and another busty bride talkin'' here) I like the straight across neckline on you. I''d keep it.

You did good Zozo!! Bridelicious.
18.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great choice--the detail is amazing!

cheers--Sharon

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress Zoe! I adore the train!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Love it! and I totally love the train!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic of the veil. Again, I spologize for the quality but this was the best I could do. Hopefully you can get some idea of the beading detail in the veil.

I can''t remember who did the necklace and earring set I got (it starts with an M and I''m pretty sure it''s found everywhere in bridal salons). I''ll try to take pics of those. Anyway, when I chose a comb to go with the veil, the girl who was helping us told me how much it was ($189). I almost fell over and I asked her if she was serious. She sort of laughed and then said that the cost was high because it had real Swarovski crystals. Holy moly, that''s a lot of money! I did end up buying it though. I don''t have the patience to be a bargain hunter sometimes, if I know that I can just get something immediately and cross it off my list.

zoesveil.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! It''s funny, the sash always appears sort of pink on the computer but in real life, it''s champagne. I got a wrap to go with it but I forgot to try it with the dress. I''m not sure I''ll use it anyway. The wedding''s in July and the ceremony is outdoors, so it will probably be too hot.

Summer, your dress had a wrap that was pinned or sewn to the dress, right? I love that look and I may see if the seamstress can do something similar.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! The detail is great! Yay for beautiful wedding dresses!!
36.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Yay, it''s gorgeous! I love the detailing on your veil. That''s funny about the train, but I think it''s beautiful. Some designers offer different train lengths, so maybe something got screwed up in the ordering process. The bustle doesn''t usually get tacked right on your butt anyway, but below that, so it flows out and down to the floor naturally rather than sticking out. Does that make sense?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe, you look beautiful!!! Congrats ont he wonderful dress!
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ladies! Yes, Selkie, that does make sense. I''m glad the bustle will be a little lower.
1.gif

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Zoe, I love your dress!!! I think it looks beautiful on you!! I love the lace details and I think it looks perfect with the train. doesn''t make you look short at all. if you get a french bustle it''ll sit lower - maybe then you won''t feel its adding to your booty. haha. Really, very lovely! congrats!!!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Aw zoe! I''m all verklempt now! Thank you for finally showing us you in your gorgeous gown! See, you ARE a bride!!
36.gif
I love that lace detailing and the contrasting sash and train trim...and count me in on loving that train too! It''s really pretty. Did you already buy that veil or are you just considering it? I didn''t think you''d bought one yet...I think it all looks so pretty and bridal and cant wait to see you in it on your big day...Your groom is going to be so surprised!

I can see what neat is saying about the neckline...a little dip between the boobies might be a nice touch!

Oh, and congrats on working out girl! I know it can be a pain in the neck but it''s so worth it. That said, be sure to find out how much advance notice your seamstress needs in case you go down in sizes between now and your wedding...You dont want to be caught with your dress around your ankles on your wedding day! Well you probably do, but not actually during the wedding...

Good work Miss zoe!
36.gif
31.gif
28.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks April and Surfgirl!

Date: 11/21/2007 9:47:10 PM
Author: surfgirl
Aw zoe! I''m all verklempt now! Thank you for finally showing us you in your gorgeous gown! See, you ARE a bride!!
36.gif
I love that lace detailing and the contrasting sash and train trim...and count me in on loving that train too! It''s really pretty. Did you already buy that veil or are you just considering it? I didn''t think you''d bought one yet...I think it all looks so pretty and bridal and cant wait to see you in it on your big day...Your groom is going to be so surprised!

I can see what neat is saying about the neckline...a little dip between the boobies might be a nice touch!

Oh, and congrats on working out girl! I know it can be a pain in the neck but it''s so worth it. That said, be sure to find out how much advance notice your seamstress needs in case you go down in sizes between now and your wedding...You dont want to be caught with your dress around your ankles on your wedding day! Well you probably do, but not actually during the wedding...

Good work Miss zoe!
36.gif
31.gif
28.gif
This made me crack up. You''re a naughty, naughty girl...
9.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 7:25:13 PM
Author: zoebartlett

Summer, your dress had a wrap that was pinned or sewn to the dress, right? I love that look and I may see if the seamstress can do something similar.

I had sleeves sewn on. That way I wasn''t fiddling with a wrap. If you do lace, it will look lovely, and if you line them a little, you could actually use dress shields... so you don''t sweat on your gown in July! I loved my dress shields! They were wet when I took off my dress but my dress didn''t have a drop of sweat in the pit region. I''d been using clinical strength antiperspirant for a month but I still knew I was going to sweat in all that satin.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Aww, I really like that train. How pretty!
9.gif

I''ve been away for a while; when is your wedding day?

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Zoe! I love the color combination in your dress. It''s so classy! The train is a great addition to that dress! It looks really wonderful on you-- great pick!
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Zoe, your dress turned out fabulous! I think you chose the perfect one, it is so beautiful on you. Yay!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Fisher and Monarch!

Thanks! Fisher, the wedding''s on July 12th, in Maine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results