shape
carat
color
clarity

Zircon vs. scapolite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
Sorry if this is trivial, but I'm hoping you guys could help me make the choice between this 2.47 carat warmed at low heat vvs zircon:

zircon676.jpg

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
...and this 1.26 carat untreated vvs scapolite:

scapolite656.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
They''re both very attractive but I think I prefer the zircon.

clementine

Shiny_Rock
Love the zircon! Are they priced about the same?

Clem

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d pick the zircon - it''s a great color.

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the feedback, guys! I went with the zircon - that is, I bought one that was just a step larger, 3.48 carats, and a cleaner shade of pink. Same quality, cut and treatment. I''ll probably post a picture of it when it arrives.

I''m so tempted to get that scapolite as well, but there''s another shot of it that makes it look really tall...

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the feedback, guys! The zircon is nice, but isn't so much pink as it is brown with a pinkish tone, depending on whether or not one likes that colour, it would probably be described as "copper" or "liver". Getting the color representation right in photos is tricky, but I'm still a bit bummed that it was called pink. Its fire is beautiful, though.

Now... Which of these two would you get?

Almost loupe clean, heated 1.04 carat sapphire?

SPU-00025-l.jpg

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock

Or eyeclean 1.57 spinel?

The spinel costs about 90 dollars, the sapphire twice that. What should I look for in terms of cut, etc.? I''m new at ordering gems online, so I''m reliant on the expertise of this forum!

1.gif

b_ysp318ad.jpg

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I have zero expertise but wow on the zircon, congrats and please post pics!

I''d say sapphire on the second set. Love the purplish blue color! I like different things and would love to have a collection of color change and/or bicolor sapphires.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results