shape
carat
color
clarity

zircon as a center stone

roseboy

Rough_Rock
Trade
can u use a zircon as a center stone or is too soft? this the one Im looking at setting in too this setting what do the you think?

pattzircon.jpg

roseboy

Rough_Rock
Trade
setting

patty ring.jpg

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I cant comment on the hardness of the zircon, but I think it would be very pretty. Are you planning on wearing it daily or just on certain occasions?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It depends on a lot of factors, such as how hard the wearer is on her rings, what sort of routine and if it will be an everyday or special occasion piece. Personally, I wouldn''t do it for an everyday ring, since zircon is brittle and easily abraded.

By the way, have you asked for a handshot of that stone? I think that there is a very bright light shining on that gem and that, in real life, it will be too dark. The setting is very lovely.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I think zircon is a bit soft for every day wear.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't get that stone, it will look like a very dark dark red garnet. In fact, if you want a more durable stone in that color, then get a dark red garnet. I find that color rather masculine if you ask me.

ETA: Does she like soft feminine color? If so, this is a pretty pink and very affordable.

http://www.acstones.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=141&idproduct=3219

At least it won't go black. I think the stones you have been picking out are a bit on the dark side.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zircon is a 7.5 on the Moh''s scale, it is fine for a ring but not for everyday wear. NOT for an ering. NOT for a daily wear ring.

I too think the stone shown has a strong light on it and will be very dark IRL.

HTH

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results