shape
carat
color
clarity

Zincite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Funny you should post this today...I actually just posted something about zincite yesterday on the cloudy tananite thread...it was a "real/fake mineral" that was trying to be passed off around the min' world a few years ago...haven't seen cut ones really before...thanks for the link sonoma

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Somehow I had a feeling this would interest you, Am Guy.

Zincinte is my "medium" list (short list being next stones to get, medium being medium, long being - no pressing issue but interested).

Say, question on Four Peaks - do they only have red flash, no blue? Which have blue flash? Do any have red and blue? Which do you prefer?

Thanks.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sphalerite is Zinc sulfide, so I think this is a closely related gem species. They both look very similar, and they are both the same hardness (very soft). I guess most, not all, Zincite is an accidental byproduct of man though (synthetically made).

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Would zincite be suitable for a pendant, or no (due to softness)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results