shape
carat
color
clarity

Zales Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fordhamchris

Rough_Rock
Obviously I would NEVER buy a diamond from Zales, but anyone know about their settings?

My girlfriend LOVES this setting:

http://engagementring.theprestigediamondcollection.com/ZoomView.aspx?type=ENG&pcode=64-S1899/15&shape=BR&metal=W&prong=4

Any ideas if I can get this setting elsewhere with a diamond purchase from a PS vendor? Or if I just purchase this setting to get a Princess cut diamond in it?

Thanks everyone!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have many vendors on PS who do custom work and are quite reasonable. Whiteflash, Brian Gavin Diamonds, and Good Old Gold come to mind immediately. WF and GOG can be accessed through the resources tab at the top of the page and you can google for BGD's website. These vendors can also help you with your diamond purchase.

Good luck!

fordhamchris

Rough_Rock
Thanks- does it cost a whole lot extra to do so? I just found a James Allen diamond i think i like!

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
My current engagement ring is from Zales. It is a platinum trellis with a .55 carat octillion diamond. The band is thinner on the inside than anywhere else. In the six years I have had it I have never had a problem with my diamond being loose. I have cracked the platinum (where it''s the thinnest). Side-by-side you can definitely tell the difference in quality between a "mall store" ring and the PS vendors. My sister ordered her engagement ring from Blue Nile (not a PS vendor) and her setting looks more substantial (resilient) than mine. Just my 2 cents. I hope you find her exactly what she wants!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2010 11:46:54 AM
Author: hmr_mama
My current engagement ring is from Zales. It is a platinum trellis with a .55 carat octillion diamond. The band is thinner on the inside than anywhere else. In the six years I have had it I have never had a problem with my diamond being loose. I have cracked the platinum (where it''s the thinnest). Side-by-side you can definitely tell the difference in quality between a ''mall store'' ring and the PS vendors. My sister ordered her engagement ring from Blue Nile (not a PS vendor) and her setting looks more substantial (resilient) than mine. Just my 2 cents. I hope you find her exactly what she wants!!!
Hey hrm_mama,
Blue Nile is a PS vendor. Are you saying some other Blue Nile?
You can see it listed under Resources/Diamond Vendors on the top menu. Just FYI.
tyty

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like a stock setting by a casting company like stuller or adwar. I''d show it to some vendors and see if they can access it, or gets quotes for custom. It would not be that expensive for something so simple.

You can also check the casting companies: www.stuller.com www.adwar.com www.uniquesettings.com Any jeweler can order a setting from them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results